Sid Ritter, our master magician of tobacco, created this one. Mild, aromatic and just plain pleasure. Not to sweet, with a hint of caramel and flavor. Dry smoking and cool burning.

BrandSmoker's Haven
2.5
BEN Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BEN (58)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Having read the previous review and hearing so many good things about this blend from other pipesmokers, I ordered some of this as well as several other Smokers Haven blends to try. I really was looking forward to trying this, knowing it's rich history as well as the stores legendary reputation. All I can say is, I am completely disappointed. This tastes, smells and smokes just like a bland bulk drugstore blend! I tried this in several different pipes, all with the same result. It burns hot, with little to no flavor,and left me with a slight headache. My apologies to the Late Sid Ritter, this blend just plain sucks.

oldmanpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
oldmanpipe (62)

I gave this blend four stars not only for tobacco itself but also for the man whose name it bears, the late and inimitatable Sid Ritter. It took years, literally, for Sid to convince his brother-in-law, the late Joe Zieve, to develop an aromatic "house blend." Joe loved his Latakia and Oriental, and most of the Smokers' Haven blends--at least the early ones--reflect Joe's tastes.

For many years, Sid's Mix was the only aromatic tobacco I would smoke, and it still, and shall forever remain a favorite in my rotation. It is just plain delicious.

For anyone who loves Burley and wants sweetness in a smoke, while still enjoying a completely dry pipe and acceptance from the "BW" (Beautiful Wife...as Joe used to say) or "SO" (Significant Other...as times dictate) would do well to give this a try. This is an old-fashioned aromatic that is a flight or two of steps above "drugstore blends." Two different Virginias, two Burleys...and a natural caramel flavor...yield true satisfaction for the smoker, without any condemnation from those around the smoker. The lunatic fringe excepted, of course.

Tasty, dry, natural taste, sweet aroma and piquancy...this one has it all. Get it while you can.