A selection of the best light and aromatic high quality Virginia tobaccos. The fragrant fruity bouquet of delicately cool, aromatic brilliance guarantees superb smoking pleasure.

BrandBrebbia
2.0
Skando Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skando (187)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Romanza no. 1 is something very different from what I did expect from the description when, in August I bought, after looking at the catalogue of the Brebbia's at my local tobacconist… Not a Virginia blend with some delicate topping, but a full aromatic in the most tipical European vein, Black Cavendish included. I'm working slowly and with some difficulty through the pouch, and sure I will not buy it again. Radford's Sunday Fantasy, or Cellini Forte are something similar in my memory, and all three are not my cup of tea.

Nevertheless I cannot truly say Romanza is a poor quality blend, not at all. It burns well, cool and dry, delivering a mild-to-medium smoke having well balanced fruity/spicy flavours never covering the tobacco completely. The first puffs smelling to me like powder (I mean face powder). Not bodied, nor sweet, the same way the aromatics commonly are. Does not turn bitter and doesn't bite.

Some small chunks of Toscano cigar and a couple of pinches of Cuban picadura were my remedy.

Two stars.

I was offered a couple of bowls of this tobacco by my tobacconist: it's a decent German-style aromatic, not too goopy and actually quite sweet in the first half of the bowl and if puffed slowly (but it may become sour and bitter in the end). Nothing of particular interest to note: usual broken ribbons of varying sizes and colors, and the usually undistinguished fruity flavoring that is common to many european aromatics and that makes you wonder whether it's actual fruit or some chemical. As I said, not bad in its kind, but virtually undistinguishable from the thousands of pouched Larsens, Cellinis, Amphoras, etc. etc.