A very light Cavendish but with a rich flavor and aroma. An excellent "change of pace" smoke from a heavier blend. The blending of select light tobaccos gives Jamaica a gentle quality. It's easy to inhale, soft and gentle, but full of great flavor.

BrandEdward's

2.3
SmoothSmokin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmoothSmokin (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

I throughly enjoy this blend. It is very mild but still caries a good amount of taste. Because of the shag cut it packs and burns pretty smoothly. I haven't experienced any bite yet; of course if you push it it gets hot.

None the less i really enjoy the flavor of this one. I find it smooth and easily smokable; definitely not complex. There is a definite earthy and nutty flavor that lies at the bottom of this blend. This subtle characteristic is what i like best about it. Maybe not an all day smoke but something that can smoked quite often.

I highly recommended it. One of my favorites as of present.

loosewatches Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
loosewatches (108)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I still have some of this in my pipe cabinet. I bought one ounce over four years ago and still haven't smoked it all. With so many other good tobaccos in there, this just doesn't get my attention. It's not bad, really. In fact it was the best thing to be found in a cigar shop with a lousy pipe tobacco selection. I know that's quite a recommendation, eh?

On the plus side, it loads, packs and lights easily, and after all that time in a zip baggie, is not completely crisp. (chuckle) I have one bowl left, and I shall leave it there for emergency use.

OlFacty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OlFacty (11)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I purchased this blend due to another customer?s recommendation. At my local shop this is called Jamaica Sunset, but I noticed that the other stores only show the Jamaica blend. They call this a light tobacco blend and show a very golden tobacco blend? This was not light in fact it was as dark as the buccaneer. So maybe this is a different blend than Jamaica but here is the review.

Moisture content was just right out of the store, and the aroma slightly sweet due to the rum, but carried mostly the aroma of the tobacco.

The cut of this blend made packing easy. Throughout the bowl I did have to relight multiple times, but that was not a problem. The ash left in the bowl was a dark-gray.

Emerging flavors were slightly sweet and sour, the thing I noticed most was that this blend was not overly cased and allowed the tobacco to be tobacco with just a slight hint flavor, similar to the bag aroma. The tobacco burned cool throughout.

So far I have not received any comments on the room note but from what I noticed the aroma was sweet. I will follow up as I get comments from others.

If this had not been recommended I would have never tried it, I think with all of the blends that Edward Pipe Shop stocks I should have spent a little more time in the sampling section!

I would not try this blend again but at the same time would not tell you not to try this blend?. Who knows this may be gold on your palette.

Stan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stan (135)

I love when people find an Edwards Blend to try. In the 60's - 80's, Edwards blends are all I smoked. This is one of the oldies but goodies.

This is mostly a string cut virginia blend, but may have a spot of burley in it. It is mild, and does not have a lot of flavor. But what flavor there is, is sweet. It also has rare deer tongue (an herb) for a little body, but you don't taste that herb much with the sweet virginia and very light essence added. It does taste somewhat like tea. The essences can mostly be appreciated in the great room aroma.

It burns steady and tends to the drab side. I preferred Honey Cavendish to this, which had to be puffed slower but was real sweet. Jaimaca is a dry, steady burning, mild blend. Not rich, but tame. Need I say more. Good enough to try. I remember it fondly.