Mild Virginia and sun-cured Kentucky tobaccos, blended with natural flowers. The mildness of this blends mellow flavor and aroma comes from the natural flowers and essence of sweet vanilla.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
2.2
Rodricus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rodricus (22)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

First, let me put the product descrition:

This is a good blen by Peter Stokkebye, on the light aromatic side. Bright tobacco and mild cavendish mix perfectly with the right amount of petals. Gives a nice smoke, yet on big amounts can turn bitter so I would recommend small to medium bowls.

This tobacco is IMHO not as good as Kentucky Bird, but comes in a close second place.

BBlevins Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BBlevins (102)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

This blend contains rose petals. That's right, rose petals. Nuff said.

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Medium to Strong Medium Full Pleasant to Tolerable

OK fellows don't let the word rose turn you off. ER Not for the faint hearted. ER has a good amount of kick to it for an aromatic blend. A good level of nicotine for your morning fix. As for the rose & botanicals added they are at a minimal. However they do add a good aroma to the room note to this blend. This blend dosen't taste like rose water as one would think. The blend has more of a Carmel Cherry flavor to it the flowerey. I would actually recomned this blend for a veteran smoker who is looking for a more crwaod pleasing amora but wants to yet satisfy his or her palate. I say her because Lisa Bonet smokes this blend. However' this blend is very Bold in character and for one with a Bold character to smoke. Try it I am sure you will appreciate this blend. Not for the novice.

I have a pouch of this stuff in a box in a closet. I will probably never finish it unless they outlaw pipe tobacco and I am down to my last few bags. That negative blast aside, I wouldn't hesitate to tell a friend to try it if they hated the typical aromatic blends and wanted to try a quality tobac that was very different from most. It probably smells o.k. but it has little taste to me.

chaplikc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chaplikc (135)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

I tried this in a sample from a friend. It is hard for me to review this because I could not get past the first half of the bowl. While this does taste odd and is a strange blend that is not the reason for me not being able to smoke it. This stuff bites horribly! I live in florida have not decided whether or not I would rather have a mouth full of angry fire ants or smoke another bowl of this. I dont think it was the heat that caused the bite because the bowl was not hot and I was smoking very cautiosly. The only other note I have on this blend is that it left a bad after taste in my mouth as well.

pxi106 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pxi106 (17)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Bought this on a lark. God help me, I really like it.

Flavour is very subtly rosy in particular, and very definitely floral in total. Takes a strong, manly man to be willing to smell like this. Leastways, that's what I keep telling myself.

OlFacty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OlFacty (11)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I purchased this blend due to the novelty of it actually having flower bits in the mix. That novelty came to be the same thing that proved to make the blend one that I wish never to smoke again.

Moisture content was just right out of the bag, and the aroma was full of a floral sweetness, sadly to say the first impression on aroma was actually not a pleasant one, but the smell of an old nursing home.

Packing was very nice. The tobacco held a light nicely and smoked straight through the bowl leaving a mid-gray ash. However, with my first impression this was not a very enjoyable smoke.

After convincing myself that I should give this blend a chance I found that the flavors where sweet, and definitely floral. The tobacco stayed lit and smoked cool.

I prefer aromatic blends but I could not get beyond the possibilities of smelling like roses.

This is a novelty blend. Those willing to experiment may find a choice blend, but as for me, I will stick with putting tobacco in my pipes.

Very Mild Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Let me start out by saying that I have a lot of respect for Peter Stokkebye and all he has done for the pipe smoking hobby for many years. While his pipes are exemplary, I do have trouble enjoying most of the tobacco blends Peter releases to the public. They all most certainly have the Danish "aromatic" flair -- i.e., they don't taste a whole lot like tobacco.

Evening Rose is typically Danish. Do you like your tobacco to taste like, well, tobacco? Then avoid Evening Rose.

Do you like a dry, cool burning blend that doesn't leave a soppy dottle in the bottom of your pipe? Then avoid Evening Rose.

Do you prefer your pipe tobacco without pieces of flowers sprinkled among the leaf? Then avoid Evening Rose.

Those who regularly enjoy highly flavored aromatic blends may find this to be a step up in class from the "drugstore" candy flavored tobaccos on the market. Those who enjoy true tobacco taste from their pipe hobby will not subject their fine briars to Evening Rose.

I am all for fellow pipesters who enjoy aromatics. I am all for fellow pipesters who enjoy straight tobacco taste. How you enjoy your pipes is your business and should be respected. I simply prefer my tobacco to taste more like tobacco than flowers.

Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

This is a nice novelty aromatic blend that should please just about any aromatic smoker out there. The addition of rose petals gives this blend a unique taste that you will obviously not get anywhere else. There is a quality tobacco taste even with the strong flavoring that kind of reminds me of Blue Note. Although I personally will not puchase anymore just because I am hard to please when it comes to aromatics, I have to say that I would easily recommend it over most others to people who are into that sort of thing.

Bootknife Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bootknife (17)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

I purchased some of this a while back for my LSW. She is always in search of an aromatic blend that tastes like it smells, the sweeter the better.

Since most of the blends I purchase are of the English persuasion (She loves the aroma of a heavy Latakia blend just not the taste), I have very few options for her when she pulls out her ladies pipe while we sit on the back porch playing Texas42 with the nieghbors.

That all said (I felt I had to justify buying something of this nature) This is a fairly good blend.

The blend actually contains rose pettals along with the toppings. The flavor and aroma are both strongly rose. The "sweetness" of the flavor is not quite as much as my LSW would have hoped for, but is definitely strong enough for me. You can actually taste tobacco in this blend.

It packs and lights easilly enough with only a relight or two needed. Puff slowly though, it will bite. I need a pipe cleaner handy to take care of the moisture, but this is not excessive for an aromatic blend (still would not recommend this blend for beginners for this reason).

Overall Evening Rose is in a catagory of it's own. It is like no other novelty blend I know of. If you are looking for a change of pace, and smoke aromatics frome time to time, get a couple of ounces of this and sit out in the evening with a new cob and enjoy