Our private label pipe tobacco brands are comparable to national brands in terms of taste and aroma but not price! These fine tobaccos, all made at the renowned Peter Stokkebye factory in Assens, Denmark, are available to you at less than half the price of comparable brand counterparts. Since our tobaccos are not from the same source and are not associated with the name brands, we are able to offer them to you at factory direct prices. Try our versions of these tobaccos and see if you can tell the difference.

BrandFinck's Cigar Company
Taste
Demetri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Demetri (100)
Very Strong None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

I guess I should review what has been my "go-to" everyday blend for several years now. I prefer to call this Finck offering an English-style blend as it does not come through as exactly "English" to me as the old Dunhill blends of twenty years ago- the Latakia is a bit too subtle for that definition. Still, I carry a pouch of this regularly and find it enjoyable, and affordable, at any time of day. As far as Room Note goes, I am forced to rely only on my wife's input for that and she has deemed it "OK".

Update: It is with profound regret that I alter my review of a blend that has been my go-to, everyday smoke for 6 or 7 years. I just opened a new 1# bag of this "Finck's English" and am absolutely positive that Finck has switched supplier and/or blend. While the pouch aroma was enticing, in the bowl it is now bland, astringent, thin, flat, and throughly unrewarding. I've learned that Finck is marketing this blend as their "Istanbul" as well - same stuff. This is dismal news to me as that was my second favorite blend. Gentlemen, I am miserable. Guess it's McClelland's offerings for me until BATCO gets some distribution of Dunhill's (any version, Murrays or Orliks)over here. Also, this new version has enough of a nicotine punch to put a bull elephant on its back. Coming from a cigarette smoker, that's saying something, I think.

ABSSiegel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ABSSiegel (21)

I tried this tobacco about a year ago. I couldn't resist the offer of an inexpensive sample of a Balkan blend. Was it everything as promised? Yes and no. Sure it's an English blend with the light taste of Latakia, but oh was the sample dry like straw. I had to re-hydrate it with a spritz of distilled H2O. Yeah, the price was right, but there are so many other tobaccos out there which deserve to be smoked first. In a pinch, this will do.

WNDE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WNDE (69)

I never had the pleasure to smoke Balkan Sobranie so I can?t tell if Finck?s version is indeed a replication of the Balkan Sobranie formula or not. What I do know is that this is a nice mild English blend. I think the Latakia content is a little too mild, it is there and you can definitely smell and taste it, but I prefer a little more Latakia than is found in this blend. The blend does have a sweetness to it due to the Cavendish but as omegapd states, it is certainly no aromatic. I also agree that the Virginias should stand out a little more. This would be a good introduction to English blends for smokers that might otherwise be intimidated by them. It would also work well for a mild, all-day English smoke.

whitebriar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
whitebriar (29)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Very Pleasant

a quality "everyday" english--medium to mild, easily packed and lit--stays lit with no or minimal re-light--for what palate i may possess, the taste was quite good--i really don't try to analyze 'em; i just smoke 'em--

burned right to the bottom, with only a few pieces of unburned tobacco evident--a dry smoke, no gurgle at all--

if you're interested in a good solid english blend, give this one a try--

Redd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Redd (111)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

Fink compares this to Balkan Soberaine which I don't get. I remember trying a pouch of BS years ago and found it foul. This blend is a English with no bite. The cavnedish adds smoothness to this blend. I find that this is very close to Squaderon Leader but at a much cheaper price. And as good as SL but, little smoother. AS for english blends this is mild. Packs well a hard to keep lit as all finks blends are better when it drys out some. The Room Note is Tolerable for an English blend. Try it!

Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

For the money, this is a very pleasant mild English blend. My sample was at an excellent moisture level. It was easy to light, and very easy to manage.

Flavorwise it is mildly sweet, with a nice compliment of smokiness. The Latakia stays in the background, but you know it is there.

I don't notice any Turkish in this blend. It is more smooth than tangy or citrus-like.

All in all, very pleasant for puttering about, when you want to enjoy a mild smoke, but don't want to have to pay too much attention to technique.

omegapd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
omegapd (81)
Medium Extremely Mild Medium Tolerable

This was marketed years ago as Finck's Generic Balkan Sobranie. While it was nothing like Sobranie or Sasieni, it is a halfways decent Balkan, or something along that line. I just popped a jar of this dated Oct. 98 and it's a pretty good blend. Either the age has mellowed out the blend, or I've found a blend by Stokkebyes that doesn't have the typical tongue bite. It's a very dark blend in appearance consisting of quite a bit of latakia and black cavendish. It's fairly sweet, but the latakia is in abundance, so it doesn't taste like a crossover aromatic. The Virginias are hard to taste though- I think all the sweetness comes from the cavendish. Overall, a fine example of a light Balkan or a sweet English. Recommended, especially with age.