Crimp and shag cut Burley with flakes of golden Virginia and a touch of black Cavendish. A smooth and mild smoke combining cherry and vanilla flavor impacts.

BrandPrince Albert
Taste

2.5
Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)

a cavendish decently cased with cherry,,you can taste the cherries running through along with the toasted Cavendish leafs occasionally,,burns well and have a nice room note,,thats about it,,spend extra and get something more intresting i would say,,not on my future list

squonk12 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
squonk12 (4)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Have not been here for awhile, just took up the habit after quitting a couple of years back. This is the first blend I came back to as I have smoked it before and am trying to stick to it to see if some sort of consistent taste of this blend develops. Most of the time this seems very bitey and hot, but the smell of someone else smoking it makes me want to stay with it because I love the smell of it, and am hoping to get it to taste correspondingly. Every once in a while when I'm taking short gentle drags on my pipe I can taste an excellent cherry-vanilla flavor, but it doesn't last for long and it goes back to being poor to mediocre. Almost like getting a glimpse of Nirvana or Enlightenment, then falling back to earth again. Maybe I need more time for my pipe to break-in. Hoping with my sticking to it will reward me with more of those cherry-vanilla Nirvana moments.

pipemojo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipemojo (3)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

12/16/2007 - The cherry and vanilla flavors are strongest when smelled from the pouch. If you are a fast smoker - beware. This blend burns fast and hot if not careful.

The room note is somewhere between pleasant and tolerable. However this smoke has a tendency to turn dry and stale. Don't expect much in the way of vanilla as the cherry flavoring seems to overpower.

I love cherries and vanilla, however, next time instead of smoking a bowl of this I will instead have vanilla ice cream with cherries on top.

Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Raise to possible two stars if you like Capt. Black. Otherwise not much to say.

mel51us Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mel51us (47)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

03092006 I found this to be one of the best cherry vanilla tobaccos I have tried. It burned cool with no bite at all, no matter how hard I tried. My wife and I both enjoyed the room note. A very good tobacco for the beginner.

06162006 No more. I found better blends in non aromatics. I can't stand "cased" tobaccos anymore.

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Very Mild Medium Medium Tolerable

Cherry? Vanilla? Nope. Just non-descript, tongue biting, nastiness. I don't even like it when somebody else smokes it. The only redeeming quality is that it's cheap. But then, so is swamp water.

The Prince should abdicate his throne. And speaking of "the throne", can you guess where this stuff ended up?

TnRooster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TnRooster (14)

So it's a drugstore blend instead of some over-hyped premium. Ooh...It's simple with a nice Burley taste. It's an aero but doesn't really come across in the taste. Just a nice,mellow tobacco flavor. Didn't bite with me. I would smoke this over Captain Black' s syrupy garbage any day. This is good for me, I personally smoke a LOT so I can load this up and save myself some cash by not burning through my better blends. Simple, won't gunk up a pipe or stink up the place.

Pipe Used: MM Legend

Age When Smoked: ??

Purchased From: Local B&M

Philo Beddoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philo Beddoe (140)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

I found this in the two for a dollar bin at a local shop and I got less than I paid for. No aromatic flavor at all, just red hot steam.

Horrible on all levels, with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Bezoar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bezoar (14)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Decent packing, decent taste. Unfortunately it smokes hot most of the time and creates a lot of condensation. FIrst thing to make my pipe gurgle.

Have lost most of my taste of tobacco tho this, so i dont know what to really say about it.

ZionThePissed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ZionThePissed (9)
Mild to Medium Mild Very Mild Tolerable

I was in Mexico with my then-fiance visiting relatives. She was still skeptical on my smoking a pipe. I picked up an ouncer pouch of this mild blend and I tried it when I got home. Smokes smoothly with little or no bite and does not have a papery quality like some other middleton blends. I liked this. It was 50 pesos well spent.

Fofo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fofo (78)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

First I'd like to point out that this tobacco is not a bargain as others have mentioned; a 9 ounce bag is 20 dollars, which is slightly cheaper than other "premium" tobacco, just not enough to be called a bargain.

On to the tobacco itself...

Good pleasant smoke. This stuff has plenty of tobacco flavor which is lacking in many aromatics and the room note is extremely pleasant. The cherry aroma predominates but the vanilla is there too and I have to say this is not like other cherry blends I've smoked that taste like cheap lipstick. What surprised me the most was that the tobacco was not sticky to the touch and it does not get goopy like other more expensive aromatics. Also, the fact that is easily and readily available at brick and mortar stores is a huge plus.

Compared to other OTC aromatics this stuff is great, several notches better than Borkum Riff and definitely better than the PG laden Captain Black.

Definitely a tobacco to smoke at a moderate pace because it burns fast and it has the potential to get really hot, but no need to baby it either.

I like it, I like it a lot. Makes an excellent all day smoke if you like aromatics and I intend to keep it around.

wosbald Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wosbald (111)

The pouch aroma of this mixture of short-cut, medium ribbon and flakey chunks is very subdued; sweet and with a touch of vanilla and an almost indiscernible cherry note.

A typical composition of cavendished burleys and virginias with a slight touch of black cavendish, the flavor leans toward the husky burley component. Only moderately sweetened, there seems to be some natural burley taste bursting out now and again. The topping stays far in the background during the smoke.

Cherry Vanilla is a solid, though reserved, cavendish, especially for those who normally don't like the genre. The price-point makes this especially attractive. Though the branding may be a bit deceptive, the hint of real burley taste does provide a bit of linkage to the Prince Albert tradition. This will ghost a briar over time and went well in a chamber of any gauge.

Taste Buds Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taste Buds (135)

I was very surprised that Pipestud, star pipester, reviewed this blend favorably. For this reason, I ordered a bag on my order to JR. As an occasional aromatic fancier, I found this blend to be better then most others I have tried. The Cherry/Vanilla casing is applied sparingly, and is divided 2/3 cherry to 1/3rd vanilla. It is at least 90% burley, with the balance being virginia flake and a touch of black cavendish. It burns easily and cool to the bottom of the bowl. The room note is excellent. At the same time, this blend provides real tobacco taste. I will definitely keep this as my sole aromatic blend. Great for those occasions when you don't want to clear a room. A solid 2.5 stars.

P.S. The casing lasts to the bottom of the bowl. Another plus. A touch of perique adds a little spice for those so inclined.

WNDE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WNDE (69)

This is a pretty good smoke. It is a very mild blend of cherry and vanilla. Some cherry or vanilla blends overwhelm the palate with too much casing and not enough tobacco taste but I think this blend has a nice compromise to its flavor. The pouch aroma has a very mild vanilla smell and the cherry is almost indiscernible. As you smoke it the cherry begins to assert itself but not too much, just enough for you too know it is there. The tobacco may not be of the highest quality but it works. The blend has a mild, sweet taste and the room aroma is very nice. The two flavors are blended together very well. If you want a nice, mild aromatic at an affordable price, then this will fill the bill.

Selly501USA Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Selly501USA (4)
Mild to Medium Medium Full Very Pleasant

Excellent taste--the vanilla tames the cherry, very smooth and mellow, but luxurious. Glorious clouds of smoke. Splendid room note, consistently gets the highest marks among my aromatics from friends and family. Flavor and burning benefits from 15-30 minutes of drying. In my opinion, the best value for the price, hands down.

Pipe Used: MM General Cob with Medico Filter

Age When Smoked: 39

Purchased From: Reservation Smoke Shop

Similar Blends: CAO Cherry Bomb.

Shayde Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shayde (4)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Not a bad smoke, it burned rather quickly though. This will most likely be the main tobacco I smoke out of my MM MacArthur cob when I get it. I loaded a full bowl into my MM Egg shaped Great Dane and it seemed like it was done in no time. Aside from that it was a rather enjoyable smoke. I definitely would recommend it to someone with a larger bowl that wanted a quicker smoke. Unlike many other reviews I didn't think it was God awful, but I mean you can pick up the 1.5oz pack for like three bucks and decide for yourself. I am fairly new to smoking pipes, this being only the second tobacco I have ever tried(as far as pipes are concerned), but as I stated before it was a quick yet pleasant smoke. Solid 3 out-of 4.

Thanks for the read, Shayde

Tplumm Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tplumm (21)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

This is the vilest thing I've put in a pipe to date. Flavor from the pouch is o.k. but none of it comes through in the smoke. tongue bite and a nasty cigarette like aftertaste left me pretty disappointed.

atb602 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
atb602 (3)

I have been wanting to try this old standby for a long time now. It is what it is. I dont usually like aromatics however this one isnt bad. It burns down clean with no goop and isnt overwhelming with the flavoring. Wife thought it was pleasant too so we all win! Recommended.

CornCobBob61 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCobBob61 (10)

I have heard so much about PA that when I saw this I decided to give it a try.I will say that it was a pleasent smoke and had a nice taste for a cherry blend...I dont normally like cherry blends.It lit quickly and didnt really need any relights.Basically everythiong I wanted from an aromatic.Problem was every single time I smoked it 30minutes later I had an upset stomach.Ive come to recognize this as a problem I have with burleys...they all cause this problem for me.That being said I still recommend it as long as you dont have the same problems with burleys I do.

TK Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TK Pipe (101)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

PA. Van. Cherry… While snooping around a tobacco shop the other day (basically a roll your own store) I found some of this stuff, I didn't even know they made a flavored PA, but I've always liked the plain version, and for that reason, I bought a pouch. I do smoke a few aromatics once in a while, but much prefer a straight blend, with as little aroma/flavor enhancers as possible.

The pouch aroma is very pleasant and full. The moisture was about where I like it to be, so without any delay I fired up a bowl. Getting into it a bit, I found only a little of that aroma present in the smokes flavor, mostly a nice tobacco taste, akin to PA, only a bit smoother. Just imagine, PA flavor with a nice room note, slight sweetness and minimum aromatic harshness, what's not to like, I found myself fully enjoying it. This has to one of the most hassle free aromatics smokes going, and as it turns out, one of the better aromatic's I've yet tried. First class, all the way.

A7Guitar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
A7Guitar (5)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This at first seemed like a good deal for what I paid. Upon bringing it home and trying it I was very wrong. Dont get me wrong it does have a decent room note. However it has little to no good tastes. The worst part is while smoking this even though I dont inhale it felt like I was suffering from severe sore throat or I had just downed shot after shot of 80 proof whisky. If I had to choose about buying this again I wouldnt. Its just not worth the time to smoke it or the money. I think the original prince albert would taste better than this and I hope it does as I plan to order some soon. Im not even gonna try blending it with other tobaccos for fear of that same unwanted burning throat feeling. To put it simply dont buy it. I would recommend some mac baren or 777 aromatics way more than this.

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Medium Medium Full Pleasant

I like this tobacco. It is one of the few I don't have to mix with another to make it something I like. Mild smelling in the bag I was worried that the taste would suffer. I was wrong. It smokes well, not overwhelmingly cherry, a hint of vanilla and a full flavor tobacco makes it a good smoke. Smells nice too while burning, no tongue bite, a a good nicotine kick. Definitely an everyday smoke especially when you couple it with a good retail price. It does burn a tad on the hot side and you really have to clean your pipe after smoking this blend. It is well worth a try and I will be smoking this for as long as it is available.

chetking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chetking (54)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

There are plenty of what I term OTC Proletariat Blends that can go toe to toe with fancy, upscale tinned tobacs at the high end tobacconist emporiums; the Prince Albert line is one of them. Truth be told these mixtures are just as good as the pricey "big dogs" and they're still available, relatively speaking, at K Mart or BJ's Wholesale Club prices. Wonder if they're not enjoyed more widely simply because they lack what marketers call "snob appeal."

Such is the case certainly with PA's Cherry Vanilla, the kind of tobac that tastes of quality, smokes consistently well, and at the end of the day has gone the distance. I'm a sweet aro addict and by all rights could write this pouch off as a might heavy on the tobac taste...too light on the casing. Some reviewers have. But the secret is this blend has incredible balance and range. A populist rendering for sure...hats off to John Middleton Co. for tossing a bone to the people.

Hiram Briar 23 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hiram Briar 23 (12)
Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

it smells pretty. for those just getting started you may enjoy captain black cherry instead. it smells just as nice but has at least a little flavor so you can learn a little about flavor. not good flavor but at least flavor. aromatics are a good intro to pipe smoking.

ivycap Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ivycap (63)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Similar simple, nutty, burely taste as Prince Albert origional, without the nasty, cigarette room note. Vanilla and Cherry flavor is faint and barely noticable except in the room note, which at best smells decent. Good value for the extremely cheap price.

JLong Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JLong (35)

This is an excellent drug store baccy and hard to put down. Rich and mellow. The cherry flavoring is not overwhelming. It seems just right.

Grrlar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grrlar (1)

Just picked this up the other day, and i wasn't dissapointed. Was looking for a decent cherry blend and saw this at the tobacconist. bought a pouch and i didnt really like it at first. after a few bowls the taste came through and was delicious. nice smooth smoke and burns well. i will be returning to this blend. would recommend this to any new smoker

pandabearzx2 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pandabearzx2 (18)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The first time I smoked this blend it didn't taste like anything... The second time the cherry and vanilla came through. I would be able to take or leave this blend, until I started getting compliments from the most unlikely source: my parents! Who are both ex-smokers and hate the smell of 99% of the pipe tobacco I smoke. I guess if they like it, other probably love it as well. So I think this is a keeper.

For the smoker,it is not a bad cherry flavor, the vanilla is a bit more subtle than the cherry.

Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

An outstanding aromatic offering with no muss, fuss or goop!

The Prince's Cherry/Vanilla Blend actually has more of a vanilla presentation according to my taste buds. It was a fun smoke and I may even make my way through the entire 5-ounce bag. My second bowl was cut 50/50 with Five Brothers (a very strong unflavored straight burley), and the combination was delightful. I got the strength my palate was looking for and my wife didn't kick me out of the house!

wintermute Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wintermute (35)

First of all, let me say that I am a big fan of Prince Albert. I bought this in hopes of finding the ever-illusive tobacco that pleases the smoker with real tobacco taste and pleases the wife with a nice aroma. The search continues. Anyway, the pouch aroma is that of mainly cherry. The moisture level is a bit high so you might need to dry it a little before smoking. The cut is typical Prince Albert and the packing is similar. The cherry and vanilla come together to make a kind of unique sweet taste. Those wishing for a cherry soda or vanilla bean candle will be disappointed. Furthermore, the sweetness is much more noticeable in the aroma than the taste. The taste is predominantly decent Burley. It's not up to Prince Albert standards, but it is cool and doesn't bite. The same cannot be said for many more expensive cherry or vanilla blends. The nicotine level is pretty much the same as regular Prince Albert. The casing seems to disappear about half way down the bowl and you're left with just Burley goodness to finish the ride. The ash is typical of cased blends and the pipe is left a bit moist. If you enjoy regular Prince Albert, try this for a change of pace. If You don't like Prince Albert, this will not make you a fan. There are few cheap aromatic tobaccos that will treat you as well as Prince Albert's Cherry Vanilla. And, if your spouse does happen to like the smell, you might just be holding a hidden treasure. That is, a good smelling tobacco that does not cost too much.

Talonr1701 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Talonr1701 (119)

Take the PA you love, and add a hint of Vanilla Cherry. Not much esle to say. Its good, I like it. Prince albert is my favorite OTC, and to me this is a bit better...Prob because besides TK6, its the only cherry blend I can smoke and not get bit..... Great stuff....Buy some and enjoy......

workingstiff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
workingstiff (39)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

This is one of the few tobaccos I have tried that my wife likes the smell of and that says quite alot. She has serious issues with anything that smells much like straight tobacco which is unfortunately what I like to smoke. She absolutely hates the smell of regular Prince Albert claiming it smells like cigarettes to her. It seems to be, in a twist of irony, regular Prince Albert with some toppings added. While aromatics are not exactly my own taste, the fact that the room note is so sweet will make me smoke this more around the house to appease my wife. I find it nowhere near as goopy or overpowering as many aromatics which is a huge plus for me. It burns as well as the regular Prince Albert which I also like very much. Another benifit to this blend is it's very low cost. The toppings mask the tobacco smell leaving only a scented aroma without ruining the smoke. I recommend it for any cheapster, like myself, who needs to accomodate the sensitive nose of another person.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I purchased a pouch of this at a local tobacco store. It looks and packs like any P.A. blend. Lights easily and stays lit. As for taste, it just wasn't anything to rave about. Tastes just about like any mass produced cherry flavored drug store tobacco. Not particularly a pleasant experience. I won't finish the pouch.

DUPE.1512 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Regualr PA is my favorite Burely. Not being an aeromatic smoker, reviewing this is like a double edged sword. A lot of pipers have a tendency to review types of tobacco's that they know they do not like. Burley blends, burely based blends and Aeromatics fall into that catagorie. Many reviewers either complain casings are to strong with an overwhealming flavor and a lack of tobacco taste, or about the casing being so subtle, they don't taste them (the casings) but only the tobacco.

In any event being a fancier of good burley I gave this a try. While this is not what I would call a great tobacco, you can easily do a lot worse paying three times as much for a "premium" blend compared to this that is not any better.

This packed easy, burned even, smoked smooth and cool for me. The creamy nutty flavor of the burely dominates while subtle (and I stress subtle) hints of vanilla and cherry poked through at times. It did not bite at all. The people around me when I smoked this, commented on and enjoyed the aroma.

This is a simple, no frills burley blend with a tobacco flavor and very subtle casing. Not a bell ringer, but not bad by any means either. Since 9 ounces can be had for a little over 5 dollars, it's worthy of more respect than it gets.

elpheasant Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
elpheasant (6)

I grabbed a pack of this when I was in a local cigarette shop. The combination of cherry and vanilla sounds quite enticing, does it not? At least I thought so, but I was somewhat disappointed. Not that this tobacco is bad, it just isn't good.

There is a mild cherry casing on the tobacco, but I couldn't detect any vanilla in it. It packed nicely and took a couple of lights and then I could smell the vanilla topping. The flavors blended nicely, but there wasn't much change over the course of the smoke. It would probably serve well as a "working smoke," that is, one that you smoke while you're busy so you don't have to think much about it. It stays lit pretty well, by the way.