None provided.

Notes: Dream Castle/Admiral's Choice pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandDream Castle Tobacco Company
Taste

3.2
TobaccoMan2012 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TobaccoMan2012 (28)

I bought this one out of desperation. It was getting late at night and I wanted some pipe tobacco to smoke. Well to be honest I thought I just wasted my money upon smelling the strong cherry aroma from the bag. Then I had to pack it in my favorite briar and proceed to light it up. Wow! It lit very easy. For the first two minutes into the bowl I tasted not too much of anything then I got a little unsatisfied. Just like that after 2 minutes of nothing, I was surprised to taste a very nice mild and sweet cherry flavor. Personally I have to say this is the only drug-store blend I will ever buy again. I'm really serious about that for sure! If you are new to pipe smoking, although I am not, I would recommend this to you. Also I would love to mention that I really like member "CenTex's" review of this tobacco, its so true.

ADz Pipes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ADz Pipes (6)

Was sent some of this as a gift from the US, and its cheap n cheerful stuff, not over gunky and easy light, with pleasant taste with no bite, and no after taste! Room note is very pleasant and sweet to non smokers, wife rating is high, generally a mild but not tasteless drug store basher!

Liked it and I am getting very particular now my pallet has changed more to English.

CenTex Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CenTex (15)

OK, I'm an aromatic smoker so this review must be read in that light. I bought a bag of this at CVS based on the online reviews here. It was very wet on opening. Strong cherry smell. Despite being wet, it lit up well and burned with only one or two relights after the initial charring light. I like the flavor, encountered no bite, generated very thick clouds of smoke. Room note passed the wife's approval. I poured the contents of the bag into a jar and let it air out for several hours. Remained moist, burns well. Several bowls into the bag and I am planning to go back for more when I run out. If you like aromatics and want a good cherry flavor, then this is a good buy. If you don't like aromatics, well, why even bother reading this review?

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Picked this up with the AC Vanilla and enjoyed it on its own. Very wet, very sweet, it overpowers the tobacco. I prefer this blended 50/50 with the AC vanilla cavendish and with Prince Albert tossed in to give it some kick. On its own the cherry has no tounge bite, even with heavy pulls on the pipe. Great starter tobacco for new pipe smokers, very forgiving stuff. Nice and cheap, blended I use this as an everyday smoke and keep the "good stuff" for when I have time to sit, relax, and take my time smoking. Keep airtight because it loses its flavor quickly. I recommend this for novice smokers mostly but think that experienced smokers will enjoy the taste of cherry that doesn't overpower you like the Paladin or Middleton cherrys do.

chetking Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chetking (54)

There are certainly some good deal bulk poly bag tobacs found in groceries, drug stores and cigarette smokers' outlets and Admiral's Choice Cherry Cavendish blend is absolutely one of them. Carried by my neighbohood CVS Pharmacy, this one is enjoyable enough to prompt me to try other blends under the Admiral's Choice flag. Overall, this is an uncommonly low priced tobacco line especially given what tobac excise taxes are these days in New York State.

This mild cavendish is genuine, smokes cool and has just enough of a cherry casing to hold my loyalty since I'm a confirmed sweet aromatic lover. To kick it up add a couple of ounces of heavily cherry flavoured Paladin from Pinkerton of Owensboro, KY. Such an additive just makes this Admiral cherry extra pleasantly worthwhile. Truth to power this is a "sleeper" alternative and the smoking bloke's true bargain. Happy hunting.

Rewster66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rewster66 (15)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

I know this is a considered a drugstore tobacco but I really like it. Not exsquisite in any way but a very pleasurable smoke. Smoke it hard it will bite. Probably never be on many peoples list of top smoke's but it is what it is intended to be, a good bang for the buck.

Archie Medes Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Archie Medes (1)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant

I am smoking this as I write. The smoke that billows from the bowl of my Savinelli Long John is like a swirl of lace. The light scent of cherry fills the room quickly, which is appreciated because I had a bowl of 3-alarm chili last night. Only joking. But this is a good smoke. My taste buds don't complain at the end of the day. For a cheap tobacco, US$5.65 including tax, this is truly nice stuff. I'm one of those guys who has a pipe in his mouth all day long, and I have to say that I never get tired of the flavour, the gentleness as it passes through my nostrils, and the relaxing character of the blend. Two thumbs up.

Helmsman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Helmsman (18)

An upper end, less expensive smoke as far as drug store blends go. It is to moist. I assume it is all those perservitives. It took me five days to dry it out.

Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

Another good one for puttering about in the yard, or shop. Smells great, but of course it is wet. A Grabow maybe, but a cob would probably be even better. It is cheap and readily available where I live.

PipeNeophyte Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PipeNeophyte (10)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

As far as drug store cherry tobaccos go, this is the best. Take this tobacco for what it is... A good, cheap, thought-free smoke. All the Admiral's Choice blends are good for beginners and for keeping around as an all-day staple. The giant tubs never seem to bottom out and the quality of the smoke is simple and not TOO goopy... Though I still wouldn't pack one of your nicer pipes with the stuff. If you want some unpretentious simplicity, Dr. Grabow and the Admiral work well as a team.