This is a full-flavored blend with fire-cured Cavendish added for mellowing the robust king of Burley tobaccos. Then we added mild Cherry flavoring and a dash of Vanilla for a semi-sweet, pleasant, slow burning smoke. Our #1 selling blend.

BrandTewksbury & Company

3.7
Christopher Cruz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Christopher Cruz (2)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Sweet but still has an excellent tobacco flavor once the bowl is about half way through. This is one of the best cherry Aros I have ever had and recommend this to anyone looking for something sweet but still want to taste the tobacco coming through the flavoring

Pipe Used: Dunhill Shell Briar 3102

Age When Smoked: 1 Month

Purchased From: Tewksbury & Company

Cosmicfolklore Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cosmicfolklore (5)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This has been my go to smoke this summer. It's very nice on a sun pounding day, like we have here in the Heart of Dixie. Yeh, I first was attracted to the name of this tobacco. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the genre of literature, I do remember that it was reading the LOR when I first considered smoking a pipe. The weed is very mild, moist, and the taste kept escaping me. It is sweet on the tongue, but not heavy, berry-ish, with a hint of a burley hay taste. I kept going back and reading the description of this tobacco, but I just couldn't place the taste. It says cherry and vanilla, but there was an after- taste(pleasant) that I just couldn't place. And, then it dawned on me while I was out picking blueberries with my corncob clinched in teeth. This is a blueberry taste. And, after I mentioned it to my girls, they agreed. Whether it is truly a blueberry in there or just hobbit sweat , my mind now tells me that this is a blueberry blend. I like it, and it will stay in my rotation of aromatics. Also, I'm pretty sure that my feet are getting larger and hairier ;o) Happy piping!!

Jettech Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jettech (1)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable to Strong

If you are into aromatic tobaccos, this is a keeper. I normally smoke Boswells aromatic tobaccos. My wife loved the cherry/vanilla room note of this tobacco. I will be added it to my rotation.

deersunlimited Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
deersunlimited (2)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

An Aro lovers dream. When I opened the box from tewksbury I was already excited by the powerful sweet aroma of this weed. When I opened the bag I could not help but shove my nose into the bag and take in a deep breath of the wonderful smell of cherries and vanilla. This is a quite moist tobacco but even after 2 ounces I have yet to have any problems with it or having to re-light it.

This weed has a wonderful full cherry taste and by far the best cherry flavored I have had. I love this blend so much that I dedicated a churchwarden savinelli to it and I must say that the added "coolness" to the smoke from the churchwarden makes it even better. This is easily in my top 3 smokes.

The Right Reverend Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Right Reverend (32)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Lets start with the good. Great name, great backstory, and the people at Tewksbury were wonderful to deal with, I would have no problem going back to them for other items. But, I guess it was all the hype - it was not as I expected. Strong cherry cough drop smell with vanilla and chocolate. I'm used to my cherry tobaccos smelling a little less... artificial. It smoked okay, surprisingly I found the flavor rather mild. It did leave an wonderful room note and I smelled pretty good from smoking it too (according to my wife) - but while I consider room note, I don't buy tobacco only for cologne so I would have to say it is good and I recommend it for a solid performance and a great name... but not out of this world, equivalent to other good cherry aromatics, inferior in the strongly artificial scent.

Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (37)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Chocolate and cherries! Delicious aromatic blend. I don't know why I didn't get this first, rather than some of the rougher earlier tobacco I tried. But this is an easy, cool smoke and little to no dottle. If you smell the bag too much, I can see how it could start to smell a little like cherry cough syrup. But it's tasty!

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Pride

Purchased From: Tewksbury and Co.

Along with my previous review of Nosferatu, Hobbit's Weed did not live up to its hype. Yes, it is a very nice smelling aromatic, smoked cool and without gurgle or goopy residue. It was probably the better of the cherry-based aromatic I have ever had in over 35 years of pipe smoking. No discernible PG was a big plus. I did pick up on the "dash of Vanilla," but I feel it could have used more. Too mild of a blend for my everyday tastes (read body/tobacco flavor), but one that I would certainly revisit more frequently than just "on rare occasion." If you favor cherry-based aromatics, Hobbit's Weed is one of the better blends out there. By the way, the folks at Tewsbury are top notch with great customer service. Hobbit's Weed is a solid recommended with 3 stars..

TheWoodwose Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheWoodwose (17)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a perfect churchwarden tobacco. I would have given it 2 stars if it weren't for my Chacom.

The aroma is very strong (almost sickly sweet). It is pleasant to those around you. The tobacco also stays lit fairly well. However the flavor just wasn't as good as I would have hoped. It is has a bit of a weird aftertaste while smoking.

I smoked it out of several pipes, a Savinelli straight Dublin (with a filter and without), a Peterson bent bulldog, and my Chacom churchwarden.

The churchwarden seemed to mellow out the aftertaste so that it was barely noticeable but even then it was still present.

Overall, not a bad smoke especially if you like sweet aromatics.

ColonelStJames Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ColonelStJames (14)

I read all the reviews about this blend on here, so I thought I'd take a chance and order some. Man, am I glad I did! I have been looking for a nice cherry aromatic, and I've tried all the OTCs I could stand. None of them were even tolerable, but this...well this is CHERRY!!! From the moment it comes out of the mailing packaging the whole room smells like those delicious chocolate covered cherries. The room note is wonderful, and I was ready for a bad tongue biter becase of its sweetness. Not even a little bit of a bite, and the flavor certainly doesn't disappoint. Very satisfying! My only problem with Hobbit's Weed is that it is so good that I'm afraid Tewksbury will run out of it. I got eight ounces, but from now on, I'll be ordering it by the pound! YUMMY!!

Archer_Guy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Archer_Guy (2)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Success! Success! I have found my "Go To" aromatic! Been smoking a pipe for over two years, and had never found that aromatic that just says Wow!, gets the approval of the family, and I enjoy. Until now!

I usually avoid pipe smoking inside. However, the room note is very pleasing to both my wife and adult daughter in the house. They stated that Hobbit's Weed is welcome inside anytime. My wife came in after bowl was done and said it even smells sweet. When I asked them to describe the aroma, they said kinda cherry, vanilla-y sorta, but that whatever it did not matter, it was just enjoyable and great!

A very good thing is that there has been no tobacco smell the next day after having a pipe or two in the evening. Quite Amazing!

As for taste, there are many aromatics that have a fine room note, but have no taste to me. Normally, I prefer natural tobacco taste with medium to strong strength. I only did the aromatics to please the one's around me. However, Hobbit's Weed has come to deserve its own container on my desk at all times. The taste is of light cherry, not overpowering, but present enough to enjoy. The real bonus is I get a real satisfying tobacco taste, with what is quality leaf to me. so I get to enjoy the smoke even as every one around me does as well.

This is one tobacco you can smoke anywhere. I have it in my pipe pouch now.

As for as the company, Dave Tewksbury is fabulous! I had ordered my first 2 oz sometime after the Hobbit movie released, and they were overwhelmed with orders for a bit. Dave contacted me to let me know what was up, and since I had read the reviews here, I bumped my order to 8 oz. When my order arrived, my daughter had picked up the mail and said "that box smells great!". After the first few bowls, I quickly ordered another half pound so I would never run out! Tewksburey customer service is excellent. Go on, give it try and see!

mrdctaylor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mrdctaylor (1)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Delicious, delicious, delicious. I think it contains pheromes as well. After smoking this for the first time, my wife grabbed my beard with both hands and buried her nose in it. This is a good thing.

The smell of the tobacco by itself is incredible and the room note is amazing as well. I ordered 2oz, and now that I've tried it I am going to order 8oz more!

It burned well and stayed lit. It wasn't too wet by any means. I experiences no tongue bite. It was a very pleasant, fragrant smoke.

bteddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bteddy (20)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Enough has already been said about this outstanding tobacco, it is all true. As I have a preference to heavy lat blends and will only occasionally change to an aromatic, this is one of the few I turn to. To me the casing is a little too much, but this seems to settle down after some airing and time, leaving a tasty all day blend with NO bite. This reminds me of my first taste of pipe tobacco some 40 or so years ago, back then it was drugstore stuff in pouches, but one has to start somewhere. Hobbbit's Weed is on a different level, but the cherry flavoring still stirs memories. All in all, a tasty treat that if given to new smokers will grab them sure as hell. Love the flavor, a keeper for sure.

tihspeed Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tihspeed (3)

Wow, just wow... I'm a new smoker, and I have only tried two previous tobaccos, those being Carey's amaretto and light vanilla... I chose this blend based on its name and recommendation value. Boy was I surprised on how well this smoked. I kept feeling at first I was just enjoying it because of the high remarks it received, then it was the flavor... finally I just resolved on the superior smokability and the enjoyment of savoring a bowl of this at the end of a long day. My wife(the non smoker) even says this is better than my previous choices. My co-workers even remark that they might purchase their own pipes to follow along with this amazing smell. I had troubles purchasing from their web site, i had to call them in person and make a phone purchase and I was very delighted to speak to this establishment... They welcomed my business and created my user account over the phone and helped me with shipping in no time... I believe ill be tossing out out other smokes from Carey's and sticking with this ultra blend... I'm not really telling you anything other than has been previously posted in these review pages... but just give it a try, you'll join the band wagon in very short order...

atb602 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
atb602 (3)

Well, everything that has already been said about this one is spot on. The guys at Tewksbury were awesome to deal with and this tobacco is fantastic! I ordered 8oz right away based on previous reviews and that was not a mistake! I will be keeping some of this on hand at all times! Highly recommended! Also the room note is fantastic, the wife raves about this one! Win-win!

aaxiom Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
aaxiom (2)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I have tried for months to find this stuff, losing interest on and off until I realized that only ONE place carried it. It's a custom blend of that one tobacconist, as I discovered.

First, this is probably the finest aromatic pipe tobacco I've ever tasted. I'm not a fan of aromatics in general, as they tend toward being goopy and loaded with humectants and mold inhibitors. Dave Tewksbury (the proprietor) has confirmed that no chemicals or additives are added to any of their blends. It's a blend of black cavendish and burley in a ribbon-cut which is slightly sticky to the touch. The aroma out of the bag is rich with cherry and vanilla.

Second, the flavor is absolutely outstanding. It's slightly understated with no tongue-bite. I had a fully-loaded large bent- egg meerschaum that smoked all the way down to the bottom of the bowl with absolutely no moisture whatsoever. I was outside in 40 degree temperatures, a ripe environment for a lot of condensation, too. I must admit that it smoked far more quickly than I expected, but I also was just a bit aggressive admittedly. The taste of vanilla and cherry was really a delight for about 7/8 of the bowl. The last 1/8 was your standard black cavendish and burley. It had a smooth finish.

Third, it never smoked very hot at all, was pleasant all the way to the bottom, and my wife noted that the deck smelled very pleasant (I only smoke a pipe outside) -- so it has a nice "room note" as this was an absolutely STILL DAY outside with no wind whatsoever. It lit on the first wood match and remained lit throughout. There was no dottle at the end, and it burned to completion, leaving a nice light brown ash.

This had to be one of the finer bowls of pipe tobacco I've enjoyed in a very long time in the aromatic category. Even though I prefer English blends, this is going to be enjoyed frequently.

The customer service of this establishment is phenomenal. I ordered a pound on a Friday evening when they were slammed, and my parcel arrived on Monday morning. Pleasant, courteous, and obviously in love with what they're doing. Dave Tewksbury's commitment to quality and service should be a model to be emulated by any tobacconist.

Hobbit's Weed... by Tewksbury & Company. Highly recommended if you're a fan of aromatics. If you're an English blend smoker, it's a nice standby if you're in the mood for something a little lighter.

vespa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vespa (12)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I received 2oz's of this fine blend from my Brother-Inlaw early last week after his trip to Denver. I savored every bowl till I ran out on Fri. I went to Tewksbury's web-site, but the site was down, so I called their number. The gentleman who answered the phone ( Brian by the way ) was getting slamed since I called about 20 mins before closing time. He took my number said he would call back as soon as thing eased up alittle. I thought to myself, that may may not hear back from him on Fri evening. Get this after he closed up shop Brian called me back took my order for a 1/2Lb and said he'd get my order out first thing in the AM. He did and I received my order this afternoon, which blew me away because I live in Virginia. If more places had customer as OUTSTANDING as Tewksbury & Co. the world would be a much better place for it. Now that I've babbled long enough I guess I should say something about this fine weed. Ithas passed the room note test with the warden ( Thats the wife by the way ). Every bowl I've smoked has been long 1-2hrs depending on the pipe size, dry no puddling or dampness. Hell it's all been said by much wiser sage pipe smokers than myself. One last thing then I'll shut up. The holidays are right around the corner, and if your an English blend smoker as I am this would be a good blend to smoke if your around others who might be put off by your Lat Bomb. I will keep this in my regular rotation just because it's so damn good. If I could I'd order this fine blend by the Hogs Head.

Your Brother in smoke.

5/5 Stars

Ciall agus neart Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ciall agus neart (7)

I had heard nothing but good things about this tobacco so i decided to give in and give it a try. I am certainly glad i did so. This tobacco is very smooth with the littlest hints of cherry. The room note is amazing. This could be a new favorite for me as far as aromatics go. i would also recommend the Nosferatu from Tewksbury another tobacco that is simply incredible.

thehaggis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thehaggis (18)

I won't go over well trodden ground with my review except to say that smoking Hobbit's Weed is incredible. Sip it, puff like a choo-choo.....doesn't seem to significantly affect the way this beautiful blend smokes. Ordering from Tewksbury is a pleasure, their customer service is superlative and I cannot say enough about how much they make you feel like a highly valued customer whether buying 2 oz or 20 lbs. I wish my local tobacconist was 1/100th as pleasant......

Greyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greyson (3)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Pleasant to Tolerable

Like many others, I noticed the tobacco because of its name, but I figured it couldn't be just a gimmick because of all the highly rated reviews. So I took a chance on it - great move!

More experienced smokers have done a much better job than I could of describing the tobacco, so I wont go into that. What I will say is that I'd tried a few tobaccos before I got Hobbit's Weed, and while I saw the value of the pipe smoking experience... I liked it, but I wasn't loving it. It wasn't until I tried this blend that I knew I could get real enjoyment and pleasure out of pipe smoking. It's a really good smoke, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

If you're put off by the name, or you don't normally like aromatics, don't let it stop you. Give Hobbit's Weed a try, I don't think you will be disappointed.

seriousdan2000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
seriousdan2000 (3)

Before I give you my thoughts on this tobacco I just want to say a quick word about the company Tweksbury & Co, that sells this fine blend. Having ordered from numerous companies and sellers I have to say that they are hands down the friendliest customer service people I have ever dealt with. They were professional, helpful and just as nice as could be. On top of that I ordered my 2 ounces late in the day (their time) but still received my order in a couple of days. I didn't even pay for expedited shipping! Anyway, on to the review.

I, like so many others before me, purchased this tobacco just because of the name. It's now on my very short list of aromatics I would recommend to people who normally do not like aromatics. It's mildly sweet and wonderfully smooth. It does not have that saturated, syrupy tasted that so many blends like this suffer from. It smelled a little strong when I first opened up the baggie it came in but the taste is perfectly balanced.

It's also worth noting how well this tobacco burns in the bowl. Even though it seems a little moist when you first receive it it stays well lit through the whole bowl. I still aired it out for about 30 minutes or so (habit) but it really needed nothing beyond that.

Will purchase again for sure!

ibnmusic Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ibnmusic (3)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Smoking Hobbit's Weed for the first time as we speak…(Writing)

This was my tweet few minutes I lighted my Peterson churchwarden with Hobbit's Weed: #Tewksbury&Co's #HobbitsWeed is an amazing experience…Immediately brought me to the Shire…With Mid Earth music on the bkg…Just Simply Great!

First, I'm notna fan of cherry-based pipe tobaccos… but this is something… After reading lots of reviews abot this I had no other choice to grab my phone and call Tewksbury & Company and order their sampler… that included this pipe tobacco…

Even before opening the bag, cherry and vanilla aromas were very notable… the only thing I could say that it wasn't expecting is the sample bag size where the pipe tobacco came in. Is a thin bag and for those who like to pack their pipes straight from the bag it's just a minor. So I just packed my pipe the old-fashioned way. I'll have to say that this kind of pipe tobacco use better experienced if it is smoked with a small bowl pipe. The lighting process When's good. No tounge or nose bite at all. And immediately the flavors and the taste started to come out. I have to say or being a mild to medium flavor, taste and strength pipe tobacco, it's really really great… From start to finish the whole thing is just perfect experience and for sure I will buy a pound of this smoking wonder

Se my pipe smoking blog in youtube: ibnmusic Follow me in twitter: @ibnmusic And in facebook.com/ibnmusic

Krosham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Krosham (11)

I ordered some of this based on the name (geek) and reviews here. The customer service at Tewksbury & Co. was outstanding. A good experience even before I got the tobacco in hand.

Now...when I received the package at the office I immediately locked in in the bottom of my file cabinet. The package remained unopened buy I could smell the cherry/vanilla casing in the room anyway. Over the course of the day I made myself a cup of tea and it sat on my desk for about 20 minutes cooling off a bit. When I had my first sip of tea it tasted of cherry/vanilla as well.

At this point I thought....oh crap. I don't mind lightly cased tobaccos but what have I gotten myself into. I am not even much of an aromatic fan either. Oh well....fingers crossed that the reviews here know what they are talking about.

Smoked it.....loved it! The people nearby loved it. The cherry flavor that I was afraid would be overpowering was present in almost perfect amounts. Surprised the hell out of me. Still has a tobacco taste to it as well. Not bad at all. A great "get away with smoking it in the house" tobacco.

I will be ordering more.

juvat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
juvat (36)

In the ziploc baggie this blend smells exactly like cherry chapstick. The room note is equally impressive. If you've ever wanted to smoke a cherry blend but found the others taste to either be non-existent or medicinal, then this blend is for you. Its cherry taste is obviously artificial, but its not overly sweet or objectionable. The description on the jar at the Tweksbury store states that it has a dash of vanilla, but I haven't been able to taste it. Smoke wise, its very smooth and mild. It never bit or burned my tongue but there was some gurgle towards the end of the bowl, along with the requisite "wetness." However, I dont find any of that to be a deal breaker.

Overall, there isn't anything exceptional about this blend. Rather, its just a smooth smoking aromatic with a mild cherry taste and good room note. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to hate either.

Pascal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pascal (1)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

After smoking Hobbit's Weed, I joined tobacco reviews specifically to write a review on this wonderful blend. I have all but given up on aromatics since I was in a terrible slump at finding any that I could find much good to say about them. I definitely prefer the English blends.

However, I bought four ounces of Hobbit's Weed a few weeks ago based on all of the positive reviews. When it arrived, I thought it smelled delightful but I put it aside for later, as I was not to eager to smoke another aromatic that would probably let me down.

Today, I gave it a try in a MM cob and I am happy to report that I have FINALLY found the most wonderful aromatic to add to my rotation. The taste was wonderful, with just the right amount of sweetness. Definitely not overwhelming as so many others are. It packed easily stayed lit with just two matches, and had ZERO bite. The room note was given a thumbs up by the wonderful wife, she said it was one of the most pleasant pipe tobaccos in a while and was not suffocating or overpowering.

I am so pleasantly pleased with Hobbit's Weed that I am placing another order with Tewksbury for much more of this wonderful blend, and I believe I will try a couple of their other blends too.

htduck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
htduck (23)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought this tobacco because I was looking for an aromatic I could smoke in a pipe my Angel Wife gave me. I really liked the name so I chose to step on out there. I smoke a lot of Orientals and usually they aren't too groovy of a smell to the Angel Wife and others in the room. The reviews led me to think I could enjoy it from time to time in the company of folks I didn't wish to offend. What a great surprise this stuff is. She asked me what was that great tobacco I was puffing? This stuff is good. Easy to light, puff hard or sip, no gurgle, no bite and lots of thick creamy smoke, which I love. I bought a pound thinking I could send it to my pipe mentor if I just couldn't do it. Sorry, Jack P, I'll send you a few ounces but this is too good not to keep in the cellar. Is it as killer as my Orientals? Maybe not but I gave it 4 stars because IMHO I think any pipester would enjoy this smoke and that's a rare thing.

pipincool Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipincool (3)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

like many others, i tend towards english blends like esoterica - pembroke, and so to bed. since i live in the midwest, i started out sampling all the iwan ries brands/flavorings. i have my favorites, but with high state taxes and delivery fees, i ventured out to experiment with new aromatics.

hobbit's weed being highly touted, i ordered 4oz. it came to my p.o. box quickly and i could smell the casing before i put the key in the lock. not a great sign.

the tobacco was very moist and is drying as we speak. and i'm not at all a fan of cherry. though i like cavs, i prefer the tobacco.

however...having enjoyed smoking pipes since '71 i know that if you smoke a cased tobacco several times, your senses forget about the casing quickly.

the secret to this blend - and as all tobaccos smokes better and cleaner somewhat dried out - is that the flavors meld with the burley/cavs to create a smooth, yes, emphasize smooth, tasteful, enjoyable smoke that gets better the further you get into the bowl. i will definitely re-order.

jeff394 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jeff394 (5)

I purchased a few ounces of this tobacco a few weeks ago, and am pleasantly surprised. After the true light, the cherry and vanilla really start to come through and melt in to a sweet, buttery smoke, while keeping the tobacco flavor in the background. Tends to bite if I push it too hard, but that says more about my smoking ability than it does about the tobacco. If you're an aromatic smoker, you cannot pass this blend by. I'm just getting my feet under me when it comes to pipe smoking, and have only tried a handful of blends, but I know that I do like this toby. If this was what they smoked in the Shire, they could have certainly done a lot worse.

BossSauce Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BossSauce (9)

My wife caught a whiff of this while we were out strolling in the park and made a remark about it smelling good. I saw two gentlemen setting about 200 yards away on a park bench and knew right away that it was a couple of my church buddies. Fun coincidence, but it paid out well when I discovered that the blend my friend was smoking was Hobbit's Weed.

I finally made it down to Tewksbury to buy some and am sure glad that I did. I smoked up my 2oz. quickly and have gone back for more. I usually smoke English blends, but this is a keeper and I plan to keep some stocked in my cellar for when I'm in the mood for a delicious and satisfying aromatic blend.

rumper66 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rumper66 (1)
Mild Mild to Medium Full Pleasant

Greetings,

Most reviews you could take or leave. HOWEVER I too read the reviews for the Hobbits Weed. I decided to try this blend for myself and happily EVERYTHING is true of what you have read below.

The flavor on the senses in your mouth or after a nose jet or two and it hooks you. NO BITE at all. With morning coffee, after a meal or just plain relaxing this is the way to go.

I visited Jake at Tweksbury and Company a number of times now. I would highly recommend this blend to any pipe smoker.

For those of you outside of the Denver area I urge you to risk a buck of two and try a bowl. You just can't say I didn't warn you it is a pleasure in every way. You will look forward to "Pipe time" again and again.

Boomer-Z Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Boomer-Z (22)

Hello,

I purchased this toby based on reviews here and on the Pipe Smokers Forum (PSF). I just recieved my order so I thought I would dive in.

On first opening the bag the smell is of a medicinal cherry smell with a undertone of vanilla. Cough syrup comes to mind.It is not overly wet as some aro's nor is it too dry. It packed well into my MM Acorn Cob. It only needed only one relight to get through the whole bowl. (My fault, I put it down to answer the phone.)

The initial flavors after being lit are cherries and vanilla, but the tobacco flavor is always in the background. It is neither overly sweet or to vanilla. Both seem in great balance. As I smoked through the bowl the flavors melded together and become a bit more complex. It never gurgled or got the "topping" flavor I sometimes get with flavored baccy. It didn't bite once which surprised me because I can be a puffer...I know the bite is my fault then...

Overall this stuff is good. I am an English Smoker primarily, but have been trying other things. I won't smoke this all the time but when I want a nice well balanced flavored tobacco I will certainly reach for this. Went well with coffee.

Last note. I ordered the tobacco from Tewksbury & Co. on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I recieved it Friday after. great service and fast shipping. I highly recommend you give them a look.

Enjoy. Boomer-Z

mtnhkraz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mtnhkraz (4)

I had found this review here and emailed the company. They emailed me back and explained that they can ship me what ever I wanted and to call. So I did.

This was a 4oz purchase, and I am glad that is what I grabbed. This tobacco is wonderful. I am not much of an aromatic guy and this sounded from the reviews that it was very light. It is.

I can not believe that subtle hints of cherry and vanilla that mix together as you smoke through the bowl. It makes you want to smoke fast, but I try to stop and settle down and enjoy it. Enjoy it I do. Very very much.

I will definitely purchase more of this tobacco in the future. I do not want to run out of this ever. This is truly a great smoke if you enjoy cherry and vanilla. These are not even my favorite flavors and Hobbit's Weed is so far the best tobacco I have smoked.

Grab some today. You won't be sorry.

Shire Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shire (3)

I saw the reviews for the Hobbit Weed here and decided to give it a try. So glad I did. Of course, being a Tolkien fan, I had to try it anyways. This stuff is my new favorite. It burns nice and cool. I sometimes find myself puffing my pipe too fast and heating the bowl, but the Hobbit Weed ran cool even with my abuse. I've had very, very little tongue bite from this stuff. In fact, out of curiosity I puffed a lot once just to see how much bite I could get. Barely noticed. And the flavoring. Mmm. It's kind of buttery to my taste buds, and the flavor lasts a long time after the smoke. If you haven't tried this, do yourself a favor and get some. 6 oz. costs about $24 and it is worth every penny. Tolkien fan or not, they could call this stuff Donkey Poo and I'd still love smoking it.

Bloodhound Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bloodhound (2)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This is my #1...It leaves you wanting more. It starts off smooth and mild. If you puff it quick it can bite, but if you relax......ooooh the flavors. A light casing of Cherry & Vanalla not too sweet and not goopy. Good to see this one on the web...Tewksbury's is a great shop and this is a very nice blend.

OlFacty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OlFacty (11)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

First off, Tewksbury & Company is one of the finest stores I have been in. Where else can you go to buy the finest pipe tobacco and cigars, and at the same time have a full selection of Colorado wines and fly fishing supplies? This is the store for the finer things in life!!!

I purchased this blend as it was the store #1 selling blend, sampling it in the store it proved to be a vary enjoyable blend, but I chose to wait to comment until I could sit down and really enjoy a full bowl.

Moisture content was just right out of the store, and the aroma was full of vanilla and cherry, the blend made me hungry for cherry pie with ice cream.

Packing was very nice (besides the single stem that I came across). The tobacco held a light nicely and smoked straight through the bowl leaving a mid-gray ash.

Emerging flavors were sweet and creamy similar to the bag aroma. The tobacco burned cool and stayed lit through the whole bowl.

So far I have not received any comments on the room note but from what I noticed (and it was wonderful) the aroma was sweet and very pleasant. I will follow up as I get comments from others.

I would recommend this to all, this will become one of my stocked blends. I can see why this is there #1 selling blend!

P.S. When you make a trip to Denver stop in and see Dave and his wonderful shop. Oh yeah, I do not work for this company, but am just so impressed that I had to give them the plug. ~ http://www.tewksburycompany.com ~

SteamPowered Boy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SteamPowered Boy (1)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Well, I'm a fairly new pipes smoker and in the process of trying different blends, I ordered some Hobbit's Blend as part of the the sampler that Tewksbury offers.

Honestly, I'm not liking it so much; the casing seems excessive and I just wasn't able to enjoy it for much more than 15 minutes or so. I liked several of the other selections in the sampler quite a bit more than this.

Tewksbury & Co are a great company and fantastic to deal with, but in the future their Bar Harbor and Nosferatu blends are getting my money; I'd be unlikely to order Hobbit's Weed again.

michaellifts Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
michaellifts (1)
Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

First of all I must say I read all of the great reviews on this tobacco and I could not wait to get my hands on some. I smoke mostly english blends. I wanted to get an aromatic that actually taste great. All of the reviews rave about the great flavor. I placed my order on the phone and the gentleman at Tewksbury and Co. was just about the nicest guy in the world. I received my order from CO to VT in just 3 days. I opened my mailbox and immediately smelled the most fantastic cherry aroma. I opened the box and stuck my nose deep into the bag of tobacco. What an amazing aroma. The smell of cherries and vanilla is fantastic. I packed my bowl and lit up. Right off the bat there was the flavor of cherries which went away rather quickly. It was replaced with the flavor of dark cocoa. Every now and then I would get the taste of cherry again but not very often. I tried a couple of different sized pipes with this tobacco and have had the same results. I just don't get the full cherry flavor. I found that smoking Hobbit's Weed while sipping a cup of coffee brought the flavor out a bit more but I'm just not getting it. The aftertaste is a little bit funky. Every now and then there is just a brief hint of cherry and then more funk. Almost a plastic like aftertaste. The room aroma just can't be beat though. I really want to love this tobacco but I can't seem to. Other than flavor this tobacco is a 4. I say just give it a shot. A lot of people love it just not me.

ho dirty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ho dirty (10)
Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong

I saw the reviews for this tobacco and am a fan of Tolkien, so i bought some. It arrived quickly. It smelled like being trapped in a box of ludens cough drops. The tobacco was moist but not soaked. It packed well, and lit easily. It burned very cool, and evnly. The reason for my rating is that after one bowl i could smell nothing but hobbits weed for two days. making me ill. Not to mention ghosting a cob beyond repair. I smoke mainly aro, but this was too much. I still feel quesy when i smell cherry. I wanted to like it, but be warned.

DrThunder Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrThunder (2)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

After visiting the Tewksbury store in Denver, CO, I picked up some Hobbit's Weed, Maraschino Cherry, Custard's Last Stand, and Hot Buttered Rum. I believe the pre-weighed bags between the Maraschino Cherry and Hobbit's Weed had the wrong label's on them on my first batch, as at first I was overwhelmed by cherry, where the maraschino was a smoother better blend. The second order of Hobbit's Weed was indeed more to my liking and more subtle on the cherry (its still in there though). I intend to age some of this for a while, but keep some in the rotation as it is very good as it is. Overal a very decent aromatic, but I tend to smoke the Hot Buttered Rum a little more, and people RAVE about the Hot Buttered Rum room note...Hobbit's weed has gotten a few good comments as well.

beaupipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beaupipe (100)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

This is indeed a very pleasant aromatic from a very cool little shop. I used to stop in at Tewksbury & Company on occasion when I was doing some work in Denver. The shop is right downtown on Writer's Square and provides the odd commercial trinity of fly-fishing gear, Colorado wine, and tobacco.

Even though this is a pretty decent aromatic, it is also ultimately a store blend of other aromatics. Tewksbury & Company has a limited selection of tobaccos—and what they do have is dominated by Altadis bulks. The last time I was there they had a single tin—a lonely round of Irish Oak ordered for some local who had mysteriously disappeared. Hobbit's Weed, I'm told, is one of a handful they blend themselves from available resources.

Hobbit's Weed is a mild, cherry-vanilla scented aromatic with a Black Cavendish base, supported by Golden Cavendish and perhaps a little unflavored Burley. It is a little sticky to the touch, but with proper drying, the humectants don't seem to affect the smoke too much. It's really a pleasant smoke and those who already like tobaccos in the Cherry Cavendish family might enjoy this a whole bunch. I smoke it only rarely and in certain moods, but I have to say that it is always appealing. A regular or all-day aromatic smoker could do far worse than this tasty stuff.

Both the shop and the Weed are well worth visiting if you find yourself in Denver.

VAman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
VAman (26)
Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

i was very glad to see one of dave tewks' blend on this site. as a denver native, and a pipe smoker. If you like a well flavored aromatic, that is as intricate as it is pleasent then hobbits weed is the blend for you.

PuffyMacdoogal1546 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PuffyMacdoogal1546 (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I live in Colorado, so Tewksbury & Company is where I go to get my pipes and tobacco and not to mention the owner is quite pleasant to talk to.

I chose Hobbits Weed, because of the name first (because I am fond of Tolkein's works) and then the smell out of the jar was quite pleasant. It has a light cherry flavoring and a light vanilla flavoring.

It lights up just fine and the Burley keeps this blend from burning too hot. The tobacco together with the added flavors make a really good aroma. I find myself puffing and sniffing the smoke at the same time :) The nicotine is there, but not hugely strong, so u won't get any headaches or what not.

The bowl lasted for 2 and half hours. There is very very low moisture content, so your smoke doesn't become sour or soggy. I was very relaxed and clear headed and my beard smelled like cherry and vanilla :) I recommend this blend as part of your everyday rotation, if you are found of mild aromatics.