This is a full-flavored blend with fire-cured Cavendish added for mellowing the robust king of Burley tobaccos. Then we added mild Cherry flavoring and a dash of Vanilla for a semi-sweet, pleasant, slow burning smoke. Our #1 selling blend.

BrandTewksbury & Company
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish
FlavoringCherry, Vanilla
Strength
Taste

Christopher Cruz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Christopher Cruz (2)
Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Sweet but still has an excellent tobacco flavor once the bowl is about half way through. This is one of the best cherry Aros I have ever had and recommend this to anyone looking for something sweet but still want to taste the tobacco coming through the flavoring

Pipe Used: Dunhill Shell Briar 3102

Age When Smoked: 1 Month

Purchased From: Tewksbury & Company

Cosmicfolklore Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cosmicfolklore (5)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This has been my go to smoke this summer. It's very nice on a sun pounding day, like we have here in the Heart of Dixie. Yeh, I first was attracted to the name of this tobacco. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the genre of literature, I do remember that it was reading the LOR when I first considered smoking a pipe. The weed is very mild, moist, and the taste kept escaping me. It is sweet on the tongue, but not heavy, berry-ish, with a hint of a burley hay taste. I kept going back and reading the description of this tobacco, but I just couldn't place the taste. It says cherry and vanilla, but there was an after- taste(pleasant) that I just couldn't place. And, then it dawned on me while I was out picking blueberries with my corncob clinched in teeth. This is a blueberry taste. And, after I mentioned it to my girls, they agreed. Whether it is truly a blueberry in there or just hobbit sweat , my mind now tells me that this is a blueberry blend. I like it, and it will stay in my rotation of aromatics. Also, I'm pretty sure that my feet are getting larger and hairier ;o) Happy piping!!

The Right Reverend Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Right Reverend (36)
Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Lets start with the good. Great name, great backstory, and the people at Tewksbury were wonderful to deal with, I would have no problem going back to them for other items. But, I guess it was all the hype - it was not as I expected. Strong cherry cough drop smell with vanilla and chocolate. I'm used to my cherry tobaccos smelling a little less... artificial. It smoked okay, surprisingly I found the flavor rather mild. It did leave an wonderful room note and I smelled pretty good from smoking it too (according to my wife) - but while I consider room note, I don't buy tobacco only for cologne so I would have to say it is good and I recommend it for a solid performance and a great name... but not out of this world, equivalent to other good cherry aromatics, inferior in the strongly artificial scent.

TheWoodwose Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheWoodwose (18)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

This is a perfect churchwarden tobacco. I would have given it 2 stars if it weren't for my Chacom.

The aroma is very strong (almost sickly sweet). It is pleasant to those around you. The tobacco also stays lit fairly well. However the flavor just wasn't as good as I would have hoped. It is has a bit of a weird aftertaste while smoking.

I smoked it out of several pipes, a Savinelli straight Dublin (with a filter and without), a Peterson bent bulldog, and my Chacom churchwarden.

The churchwarden seemed to mellow out the aftertaste so that it was barely noticeable but even then it was still present.

Overall, not a bad smoke especially if you like sweet aromatics.

Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

The tobacco taste is negligible, though the nutty burley and occasionally, the toasty cavendish peeks through at times. The rich cherry dominates the mixture, while the vanilla well compliments it in a subordinate role. Needs a bit of dry time, and even then, will goop the bottom of the bowl. Needs a few relights. Won't bite or get harsh. The flavor is pleasing to those who like a deep, smooth cherry, and after taste lingers for a while. The toppings do not falter at any time during the smoke, and it also burns cool and clean. The nic-hit is very mild. Will ghost a briar. I give this two stars because it burns too wet no matter what you do - and I am a dry smoker - but I give three stars for the flavor. The after taste is very pleasing as is the room note.

Blerrell's Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Blerrell's (5)
Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I could smell the wonderful aroma of cherry and vanilla from the package while pulling it from the mailbox. I was very excited to try it. So, I grabbed my Cobb pipe loaded it up and puffed away. The flavors combined together very well and it's a very nice smoke. It's a cherry and vanilla tobacco but, while smoking it, the tobacco gives a faint after taste of something that I couldn't put my finger on. So, I did some research on the internet and read reviews that collectively came up with blueberry being the faint after taste and they were right. This has quickly become a favorite aromatic tobacco to smoke. You will definitely want this one in your rotation if you like aromatics.

Pipe Used: corn cobb

Purchased From: Tewksbury & Company Denver Colorado.

Stutter818 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Stutter818 (51)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Chocolate and cherries! Delicious aromatic blend. I don't know why I didn't get this first, rather than some of the rougher earlier tobacco I tried. But this is an easy, cool smoke and little to no dottle. If you smell the bag too much, I can see how it could start to smell a little like cherry cough syrup. But it's tasty!

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Pride

Purchased From: Tewksbury and Co.

Along with my previous review of Nosferatu, Hobbit's Weed did not live up to its hype. Yes, it is a very nice smelling aromatic, smoked cool and without gurgle or goopy residue. It was probably the better of the cherry-based aromatic I have ever had in over 35 years of pipe smoking. No discernible PG was a big plus. I did pick up on the "dash of Vanilla," but I feel it could have used more. Too mild of a blend for my everyday tastes (read body/tobacco flavor), but one that I would certainly revisit more frequently than just "on rare occasion." If you favor cherry-based aromatics, Hobbit's Weed is one of the better blends out there. By the way, the folks at Tewsbury are top notch with great customer service. Hobbit's Weed is a solid recommended with 3 stars..

Archer_Guy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Archer_Guy (2)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Success! Success! I have found my "Go To" aromatic! Been smoking a pipe for over two years, and had never found that aromatic that just says Wow!, gets the approval of the family, and I enjoy. Until now!

I usually avoid pipe smoking inside. However, the room note is very pleasing to both my wife and adult daughter in the house. They stated that Hobbit's Weed is welcome inside anytime. My wife came in after bowl was done and said it even smells sweet. When I asked them to describe the aroma, they said kinda cherry, vanilla-y sorta, but that whatever it did not matter, it was just enjoyable and great!

A very good thing is that there has been no tobacco smell the next day after having a pipe or two in the evening. Quite Amazing!

As for taste, there are many aromatics that have a fine room note, but have no taste to me. Normally, I prefer natural tobacco taste with medium to strong strength. I only did the aromatics to please the one's around me. However, Hobbit's Weed has come to deserve its own container on my desk at all times. The taste is of light cherry, not overpowering, but present enough to enjoy. The real bonus is I get a real satisfying tobacco taste, with what is quality leaf to me. so I get to enjoy the smoke even as every one around me does as well.

This is one tobacco you can smoke anywhere. I have it in my pipe pouch now.

As for as the company, Dave Tewksbury is fabulous! I had ordered my first 2 oz sometime after the Hobbit movie released, and they were overwhelmed with orders for a bit. Dave contacted me to let me know what was up, and since I had read the reviews here, I bumped my order to 8 oz. When my order arrived, my daughter had picked up the mail and said "that box smells great!". After the first few bowls, I quickly ordered another half pound so I would never run out! Tewksburey customer service is excellent. Go on, give it try and see!

Right Wing Piper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Right Wing Piper (11)
Mild Strong Full Pleasant

I had to see what all of the hype was about. What a disappointment this blend was. It doesn't require a master tobacconist to taste the combination of Lane BCA and Lane Very Cherry along with maybe a bit of vanilla cavendish. I favorite of neophytes everywhere, it's no surprise that it's no longer produced. Way over the top casing and zero tobacco flavor. Well, that purchase was clearly a mistake.

Pipe Used: Cob

Age When Smoked: N/A

Mr. Motoyoshi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr. Motoyoshi (68)

Probably the best cherry blend I've smoked. It is definitely on the sweeter side but not over the top. Unlike most sticky aromatics, the topping doesn't burn off after the first 1/4 of the smoke, but rather builds as you get deeper into the bowl. There is a nice play between vanilla and cherry despite being regarded as a cherry bomb.

I enjoyed this most in my cobs mostly as it really tends to ghost a briar.

Pipe Used: cobs and briars

ColonelStJames Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ColonelStJames (14)

I read all the reviews about this blend on here, so I thought I'd take a chance and order some. Man, am I glad I did! I have been looking for a nice cherry aromatic, and I've tried all the OTCs I could stand. None of them were even tolerable, but this...well this is CHERRY!!! From the moment it comes out of the mailing packaging the whole room smells like those delicious chocolate covered cherries. The room note is wonderful, and I was ready for a bad tongue biter becase of its sweetness. Not even a little bit of a bite, and the flavor certainly doesn't disappoint. Very satisfying! My only problem with Hobbit's Weed is that it is so good that I'm afraid Tewksbury will run out of it. I got eight ounces, but from now on, I'll be ordering it by the pound! YUMMY!!

bteddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bteddy (23)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Enough has already been said about this outstanding tobacco, it is all true. As I have a preference to heavy lat blends and will only occasionally change to an aromatic, this is one of the few I turn to. To me the casing is a little too much, but this seems to settle down after some airing and time, leaving a tasty all day blend with NO bite. This reminds me of my first taste of pipe tobacco some 40 or so years ago, back then it was drugstore stuff in pouches, but one has to start somewhere. Hobbbit's Weed is on a different level, but the cherry flavoring still stirs memories. All in all, a tasty treat that if given to new smokers will grab them sure as hell. Love the flavor, a keeper for sure.

vespa Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
vespa (18)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I received 2oz's of this fine blend from my Brother-Inlaw early last week after his trip to Denver. I savored every bowl till I ran out on Fri. I went to Tewksbury's web-site, but the site was down, so I called their number. The gentleman who answered the phone ( Brian by the way ) was getting slamed since I called about 20 mins before closing time. He took my number said he would call back as soon as thing eased up alittle. I thought to myself, that may may not hear back from him on Fri evening. Get this after he closed up shop Brian called me back took my order for a 1/2Lb and said he'd get my order out first thing in the AM. He did and I received my order this afternoon, which blew me away because I live in Virginia. If more places had customer as OUTSTANDING as Tewksbury & Co. the world would be a much better place for it. Now that I've babbled long enough I guess I should say something about this fine weed. Ithas passed the room note test with the warden ( Thats the wife by the way ). Every bowl I've smoked has been long 1-2hrs depending on the pipe size, dry no puddling or dampness. Hell it's all been said by much wiser sage pipe smokers than myself. One last thing then I'll shut up. The holidays are right around the corner, and if your an English blend smoker as I am this would be a good blend to smoke if your around others who might be put off by your Lat Bomb. I will keep this in my regular rotation just because it's so damn good. If I could I'd order this fine blend by the Hogs Head.

Your Brother in smoke.

5/5 Stars

seriousdan2000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
seriousdan2000 (3)

Before I give you my thoughts on this tobacco I just want to say a quick word about the company Tweksbury & Co, that sells this fine blend. Having ordered from numerous companies and sellers I have to say that they are hands down the friendliest customer service people I have ever dealt with. They were professional, helpful and just as nice as could be. On top of that I ordered my 2 ounces late in the day (their time) but still received my order in a couple of days. I didn't even pay for expedited shipping! Anyway, on to the review.

I, like so many others before me, purchased this tobacco just because of the name. It's now on my very short list of aromatics I would recommend to people who normally do not like aromatics. It's mildly sweet and wonderfully smooth. It does not have that saturated, syrupy tasted that so many blends like this suffer from. It smelled a little strong when I first opened up the baggie it came in but the taste is perfectly balanced.

It's also worth noting how well this tobacco burns in the bowl. Even though it seems a little moist when you first receive it it stays well lit through the whole bowl. I still aired it out for about 30 minutes or so (habit) but it really needed nothing beyond that.

Will purchase again for sure!

ibnmusic Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ibnmusic (3)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Smoking Hobbit's Weed for the first time as we speak…(Writing)

This was my tweet few minutes I lighted my Peterson churchwarden with Hobbit's Weed: #Tewksbury&Co's #HobbitsWeed is an amazing experience…Immediately brought me to the Shire…With Mid Earth music on the bkg…Just Simply Great!

First, I'm notna fan of cherry-based pipe tobaccos… but this is something… After reading lots of reviews abot this I had no other choice to grab my phone and call Tewksbury & Company and order their sampler… that included this pipe tobacco…

Even before opening the bag, cherry and vanilla aromas were very notable… the only thing I could say that it wasn't expecting is the sample bag size where the pipe tobacco came in. Is a thin bag and for those who like to pack their pipes straight from the bag it's just a minor. So I just packed my pipe the old-fashioned way. I'll have to say that this kind of pipe tobacco use better experienced if it is smoked with a small bowl pipe. The lighting process When's good. No tounge or nose bite at all. And immediately the flavors and the taste started to come out. I have to say or being a mild to medium flavor, taste and strength pipe tobacco, it's really really great… From start to finish the whole thing is just perfect experience and for sure I will buy a pound of this smoking wonder

Se my pipe smoking blog in youtube: ibnmusic Follow me in twitter: @ibnmusic And in facebook.com/ibnmusic

Krosham Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Krosham (11)

I ordered some of this based on the name (geek) and reviews here. The customer service at Tewksbury & Co. was outstanding. A good experience even before I got the tobacco in hand.

Now...when I received the package at the office I immediately locked in in the bottom of my file cabinet. The package remained unopened buy I could smell the cherry/vanilla casing in the room anyway. Over the course of the day I made myself a cup of tea and it sat on my desk for about 20 minutes cooling off a bit. When I had my first sip of tea it tasted of cherry/vanilla as well.

At this point I thought....oh crap. I don't mind lightly cased tobaccos but what have I gotten myself into. I am not even much of an aromatic fan either. Oh well....fingers crossed that the reviews here know what they are talking about.

Smoked it.....loved it! The people nearby loved it. The cherry flavor that I was afraid would be overpowering was present in almost perfect amounts. Surprised the hell out of me. Still has a tobacco taste to it as well. Not bad at all. A great "get away with smoking it in the house" tobacco.

I will be ordering more.

juvat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
juvat (36)

In the ziploc baggie this blend smells exactly like cherry chapstick. The room note is equally impressive. If you've ever wanted to smoke a cherry blend but found the others taste to either be non-existent or medicinal, then this blend is for you. Its cherry taste is obviously artificial, but its not overly sweet or objectionable. The description on the jar at the Tweksbury store states that it has a dash of vanilla, but I haven't been able to taste it. Smoke wise, its very smooth and mild. It never bit or burned my tongue but there was some gurgle towards the end of the bowl, along with the requisite "wetness." However, I dont find any of that to be a deal breaker.

Overall, there isn't anything exceptional about this blend. Rather, its just a smooth smoking aromatic with a mild cherry taste and good room note. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to hate either.

Pascal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pascal (2)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

After smoking Hobbit's Weed, I joined tobacco reviews specifically to write a review on this wonderful blend. I have all but given up on aromatics since I was in a terrible slump at finding any that I could find much good to say about them. I definitely prefer the English blends.

However, I bought four ounces of Hobbit's Weed a few weeks ago based on all of the positive reviews. When it arrived, I thought it smelled delightful but I put it aside for later, as I was not to eager to smoke another aromatic that would probably let me down.

Today, I gave it a try in a MM cob and I am happy to report that I have FINALLY found the most wonderful aromatic to add to my rotation. The taste was wonderful, with just the right amount of sweetness. Definitely not overwhelming as so many others are. It packed easily stayed lit with just two matches, and had ZERO bite. The room note was given a thumbs up by the wonderful wife, she said it was one of the most pleasant pipe tobaccos in a while and was not suffocating or overpowering.

I am so pleasantly pleased with Hobbit's Weed that I am placing another order with Tewksbury for much more of this wonderful blend, and I believe I will try a couple of their other blends too.

htduck Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
htduck (28)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought this tobacco because I was looking for an aromatic I could smoke in a pipe my Angel Wife gave me. I really liked the name so I chose to step on out there. I smoke a lot of Orientals and usually they aren't too groovy of a smell to the Angel Wife and others in the room. The reviews led me to think I could enjoy it from time to time in the company of folks I didn't wish to offend. What a great surprise this stuff is. She asked me what was that great tobacco I was puffing? This stuff is good. Easy to light, puff hard or sip, no gurgle, no bite and lots of thick creamy smoke, which I love. I bought a pound thinking I could send it to my pipe mentor if I just couldn't do it. Sorry, Jack P, I'll send you a few ounces but this is too good not to keep in the cellar. Is it as killer as my Orientals? Maybe not but I gave it 4 stars because IMHO I think any pipester would enjoy this smoke and that's a rare thing.

pipincool Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipincool (3)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

like many others, i tend towards english blends like esoterica - pembroke, and so to bed. since i live in the midwest, i started out sampling all the iwan ries brands/flavorings. i have my favorites, but with high state taxes and delivery fees, i ventured out to experiment with new aromatics.

hobbit's weed being highly touted, i ordered 4oz. it came to my p.o. box quickly and i could smell the casing before i put the key in the lock. not a great sign.

the tobacco was very moist and is drying as we speak. and i'm not at all a fan of cherry. though i like cavs, i prefer the tobacco.

however...having enjoyed smoking pipes since '71 i know that if you smoke a cased tobacco several times, your senses forget about the casing quickly.

the secret to this blend - and as all tobaccos smokes better and cleaner somewhat dried out - is that the flavors meld with the burley/cavs to create a smooth, yes, emphasize smooth, tasteful, enjoyable smoke that gets better the further you get into the bowl. i will definitely re-order.

jeff394 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jeff394 (5)

I purchased a few ounces of this tobacco a few weeks ago, and am pleasantly surprised. After the true light, the cherry and vanilla really start to come through and melt in to a sweet, buttery smoke, while keeping the tobacco flavor in the background. Tends to bite if I push it too hard, but that says more about my smoking ability than it does about the tobacco. If you're an aromatic smoker, you cannot pass this blend by. I'm just getting my feet under me when it comes to pipe smoking, and have only tried a handful of blends, but I know that I do like this toby. If this was what they smoked in the Shire, they could have certainly done a lot worse.

OlFacty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OlFacty (11)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

First off, Tewksbury & Company is one of the finest stores I have been in. Where else can you go to buy the finest pipe tobacco and cigars, and at the same time have a full selection of Colorado wines and fly fishing supplies? This is the store for the finer things in life!!!

I purchased this blend as it was the store #1 selling blend, sampling it in the store it proved to be a vary enjoyable blend, but I chose to wait to comment until I could sit down and really enjoy a full bowl.

Moisture content was just right out of the store, and the aroma was full of vanilla and cherry, the blend made me hungry for cherry pie with ice cream.

Packing was very nice (besides the single stem that I came across). The tobacco held a light nicely and smoked straight through the bowl leaving a mid-gray ash.

Emerging flavors were sweet and creamy similar to the bag aroma. The tobacco burned cool and stayed lit through the whole bowl.

So far I have not received any comments on the room note but from what I noticed (and it was wonderful) the aroma was sweet and very pleasant. I will follow up as I get comments from others.

I would recommend this to all, this will become one of my stocked blends. I can see why this is there #1 selling blend!

P.S. When you make a trip to Denver stop in and see Dave and his wonderful shop. Oh yeah, I do not work for this company, but am just so impressed that I had to give them the plug. ~ http://www.tewksburycompany.com ~

pinko Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pinko (52)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Hobbit’s Weed is as mild as any aromatic has ever been, and smells great when it burns. The flavor is primarily cherry and vanilla, and it will leave your pipe smelling like cherry and vanilla after a while. Best kept to dedicated aromatic pipes.

It is cut well, burns easily, and is not prone to biting. For what it is, it’s a very good blend. That said, what it is only works if you’re a fan of very mild aromatics with no attendant tobacco flavor. There’s no strength here, it will not send anyone into a nicotine dream. There’s also no complexity - it’s cherry aromatic from start to finish.

Somewhat recommended - if your all day smokes are these soft, heavily flavored aromatics Hobbit’s Weed is definitely worth a spot in the rotation. If not, it quickly loses its shine and becomes fairly boring. For me, it’s fine as an occasional crowd pleaser but no more.

Ian K Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ian K (26)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

As a smoker of mainly English blends this was a rare dabble into aromatics form me having tried a few in the past and been rather a hit & miss affair. Hobbits weed definately goes into the hit category. Tin and room note are both very pleasant..A cherry Cigarillo flavour/aroma. This is a good quality tobacco, no stems or stalks and the cut uniformed throughout the packet, beneath the casing the tobacco flavour is good, the right amount of burley giving your palate the right amount of body to the smoke, lights & stays lit perfectly all the way to the bottom of the bowl and is accompanied throughout with that cherry / vanilla flavour.

Pairing it with a sweet tea seems to bring out the best, As I found with coffee it took on a slightly bitter taste. Another plus as described in other reviews if found it neither too sticky nor sickly sweet which other aromatics can often be guilty of.

Six months down the line and jarring has done very little to this blend, tasting a little bitter now the casing has flashed off so buy it smoke it don't sit on it!

Pipe Used: Meerschaum and Vauen 9mm

Grovesy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grovesy (28)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

So my dear saint of a wife was in Denver last week and she picked me up some Hobbit's Weed from Tewksbury. I have heard all about it, both good and bad, and was excited to give it a try. Upon opening the bag, I smelled what other reviewers have stated. The sickly sweet, medicinal cherry cough syrup smell. Oh no! I don't do cherry tobaccos, I despise cherry tobaccos. Well I put some HW out and let it dry for about an hour, and grabbed a cob. First light...blueberries...tamp.....light....not bad. Guess what? It was good, it was downright enjoyable, and it held its flavor throughout the bowl. I normally do more aros in the summer and I think this would be a great summer blend. I'm sure it will ghost the hell out of a pipe so keep it in a cob.

Pipe Used: Cob

Papillon6 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Papillon6 (24)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

After hearing all the hype and a fan of Tolkien inspired blends I had to give this now fairly old Aro a try. I recieved the shipment in 2 days from Tewwesbury and am very happy with their service. Using both the "three layer" and "Frank" method of filling it lit and stayed lit evenly all the way through even though it seemed quite moist like many cased tobaccos tend to be. Now I've tried Cherry and Vanilla aros rescently but Hobbit's Weed is DEFINATELY more of a blueberry like other reviewers have recognized. It kept it's taste throughout without being overpowering. The tobacco flavour still came through the whole time. Many Aros I've tried can either lose it's flavour or become overpowering as you smoke through. I also recommend this as an indoor blend that won't offend other's but is very welcome on outdoor hikes. Seems like good quality tobacco was used and I will be ordering more when my 2oz are out. Tewkesbury also sells Wine, wonder if they will ship out of state? Nope; according to their website you can only get their wine 'in-house' Being from and in Upstate NY I'd love to try some colorado wine.

Pipe Used: Kaywoodie Drinkless Billiard style

Age When Smoked: freshly opened 2oz bag.

Purchased From: Tewkesbury

Similar Blends: Nothing really, it's listed as cherry flavoured but is very blueberry like..

Jamdangler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jamdangler (3)
Mild to Medium Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I am not usually an aromatic smoker, but I do on occasion like to have a tin of something that smells of sweet fruits or vanilla. This is where this baccy comes in. Tewksbury & Company is located in the town I call home, and of course I had to go in to my local tobacco shops. I am very reluctant to buy the sweeter flavored varieties as they generally are not that nice to my palate. If it were not for the glowing reviews here I probably would never have touched the stuff. This is a pleasant experience for the most part. It is heavily flavored, and for this reason there is only one pipe I will even consider smoking this in. I enjoy it from time to time, but more because I want to smoke that one pipe than because of the enjoyment of the smoke. If it is sipped easily it won't bite. It also will burn clean. Remember though, it will make everything else you smoke in that pipe taste of cherry vanilla soda. As a bonus it does have a room note similar to fresh baked brownies.

Autumn joy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Autumn joy (48)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

OK Hobbits weed I did manage to try this tobacco. First of all I don't think for the shipping and cost of this blend its worth it. This tobacco is simply an aromatic that is a cherry and vanilla mixture, I just find this blend to be a couple of Lane aromatics mixed together to form this blend. Overall I was not super impressed by this blend and I feel it only gets enjoyed because of the name. The tobacco is fair but I just cant see giving this a nod. I really love aromatics but this one just well stinks. I think Boswells PA Dutch Treat is a much better aromatic then this stuff is. Overall the bag note is a cherry with hints of vanilla, The tobacco was easy to work with but was a bit moist even being two years old it is still very moist. I packed this loose and it worked out well. The tobacco does not burn to hot or anything and the taste is really a cherry taste with hints of vanilla. The room note on this aromatic was very pleasant though. I would somewhat recommend this but there is a lot of other great aromatics out there that are better then this.

Pipe Used: Nose Warmer

Purchased From: Forum Member

Similar Blends: Boswell PA Dutch Treat, Lane Limited Very Cherry.

Bassrep Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bassrep (25)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

BELIEVE the "hype" cause it ain't hype. This is a wonderful tobacco. I read the reviews and sounded like I couldn't go wrong. I didn't. The "tin note" was good enough to eat but I resisted and put some in a pipe instead. Nice aro things going on and, equally, I enjoy the tobacco flavors as well. Smooth. From start to finish won't bite, even with me puffing away rather energetically cause the stuff is THAT good.

Pipe Used: Brog w/9mm

Age When Smoked: Straight from Tewksbury

Purchased From: Tewksbury

Similar Blends: I suppose by the word/word definition of "similar" you could say Cult Blood Red Moon? However, I really think that Hobbit's Weed stands head and shoulders over SO many aros..

natibo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
natibo (166)
Mild Strong Medium Very Pleasant

I mixed this with cube cut burley, as I often do with aros. I found it quite pleasing. Many cherry/vanilla blends lose there flavor quickly, burn hot, or taste nasty. Not this one. I may be one of the best cherry/vanilla blends I ave tried. UK tobacco stores seem to also have excellent cherry/vanilla blends.

PTR9189 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
PTR9189 (1)
Mild Medium Full Very Pleasant

I want to say this company has earned my business. They made a mistake in the money process and sent me the tobacco and some cash with a sorry letter saying they made a mess up. That's a good honest company.

Pipe Used: corn cob

Age When Smoked: 25

Purchased From: Tewksbury & Company Denver, CO

Mild to Medium Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I was happy to receive a good sample of this from a forum friend who surprised with a new cob and about an ounce sample of this. This is a good aromatic as aromatics go. To explain what I mean by that is more complicated.

There are two types of aromatic smokers. Those, like myself, that enjoy a tobacco taste with a little something different due to light use of a topping. Then there are the aromatic smokers who like topping and could care less about underlying tobacco taste.

Hobbit's Weed is, without a doubt, for the latter category of aromatic smoker. It is heavily topped with a cherry liquer type of topping. This is not a cough syrup or fruity cherry topping, but the cherry is present. It is tasty, but not really to my liking, because as I stated I am of the other camp.

How I rate a tobacco like this is how the topping fares throughout the smoking experience. If a tobacco is all topping, to me the topping should remain from beginning to end or else you are left with hot air once it departs. Hobbit's Weed passes this test as well. The topping will last to the end. To me, this gets it three stars in its own right.

The final test for me on this is whether I like the topping and is where my objective test varies from my own subjective experience. In this case, I would say that I would rather have a bowl of Gawith Hoggarth's Top Black Cherry than a bowl of Hobbit's Weed. So this leaves Hobbit's weed at three stars for me, but this could easily be a four star blend to you. It will come down to how the topping strikes your fancy. I will say that It is unlike any other topping I have tried and it certainly was not offensive in the least to my tastes.

Waldo123 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Waldo123 (2)
Very Mild Mild Mild Very Pleasant

This was my favorite for a while. I now prefer Bar Harbor, but I think both tobaccos change in smoothness and taste as they age and dry. Perhaps I should buy some more and see if a fresh batch renews my love of this tobacco.

Pipe Used: Vauen Hugg

Age When Smoked: 48

ho dirty Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ho dirty (10)
Mild Extra Strong Overwhelming Tolerable to Strong

I saw the reviews for this tobacco and am a fan of Tolkien, so i bought some. It arrived quickly. It smelled like being trapped in a box of ludens cough drops. The tobacco was moist but not soaked. It packed well, and lit easily. It burned very cool, and evnly. The reason for my rating is that after one bowl i could smell nothing but hobbits weed for two days. making me ill. Not to mention ghosting a cob beyond repair. I smoke mainly aro, but this was too much. I still feel quesy when i smell cherry. I wanted to like it, but be warned.

beaupipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
beaupipe (102)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

This is indeed a very pleasant aromatic from a very cool little shop. I used to stop in at Tewksbury & Company on occasion when I was doing some work in Denver. The shop is right downtown on Writer's Square and provides the odd commercial trinity of fly-fishing gear, Colorado wine, and tobacco.

Even though this is a pretty decent aromatic, it is also ultimately a store blend of other aromatics. Tewksbury & Company has a limited selection of tobaccos—and what they do have is dominated by Altadis bulks. The last time I was there they had a single tin—a lonely round of Irish Oak ordered for some local who had mysteriously disappeared. Hobbit's Weed, I'm told, is one of a handful they blend themselves from available resources.

Hobbit's Weed is a mild, cherry-vanilla scented aromatic with a Black Cavendish base, supported by Golden Cavendish and perhaps a little unflavored Burley. It is a little sticky to the touch, but with proper drying, the humectants don't seem to affect the smoke too much. It's really a pleasant smoke and those who already like tobaccos in the Cherry Cavendish family might enjoy this a whole bunch. I smoke it only rarely and in certain moods, but I have to say that it is always appealing. A regular or all-day aromatic smoker could do far worse than this tasty stuff.

Both the shop and the Weed are well worth visiting if you find yourself in Denver.