Ripe Virginias are added to Toasted Cavendish to create a more complex mild smoking blend. The aroma is an Elegant Vanilla with the natural sweetness of Toasted Cavendish combine for a smooth and rich smoke. According to Peter Stokkebye; The toasting process takes the tobacco to a much higher heat, locking in the natural sweet tobacco flavors and eliminating any tongue bite.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringVanilla
Strength
Taste
peterpiper111 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
peterpiper111 (4)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I can't begin to say how delicious this blend is. This stuff smells fantastic. Pack it in your pipe, light it up. Cool burning, hints of vanilla, NO BITE at all or burning your tongue...this stuff is delicious!

I can't stop smoking this blend! Seriously, I am ordering the PS factory full of sweet vanilla! this is unbelievably good! The room note will get the attention of EVERYONE around you.

Seriously, this is the best tasting aromatic I have EVER experienced. This stuff is cheaper than Captain Black and hundreds of times better...try it! You will fall in love, so will the people around you!

Pipe Used: Kaywoodie Briar

Age When Smoked: 23

Purchased From: Pipes & Cigars

Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

OK, right off, if you are not an aromatic lover, you might as well leave as I am going to give a glowing review of this aromatic. But then I would question why you are reading reviews of aromatics to begin with.

This blend is a very pleasant surprise for me. It dispells all the negatives that one reads about aromatics. It does not burn hot, in act I don't think one could get tongue bite from this even if they wanted to. Second, it is not goopy or wet and leaves no crud in the bottom of the pipe. Yes, one does taste the vanilla flavor so it does taste like it smells in the pouch, but you also taste the VA tobacco in it as well so you get the best of both worlds. It is simply a great aromatic, it produces a rich and creamy smoke that has lots of flavor, the room note is to die for, and it smokes dry to the bottom of the pipe to a dark grey powder ash. In the pouch it smells very sweet and rich, it is a mix of colors from light brown to dark almost black ribbon cut tobaccos, and it is moist but not overly so. it can be smoked without drying out with no issues. It packs easy in the pipe, it lights up very easy with one charring light and then one more light and then it stays lit well, burning slowly down to the bottom. On average it might take one relite. It is cool on the tongue and it's nice as you can smell your own room note. I can smoke this all day long without any cloying of my taste buds and my pipe is still dry afterwards. I highly recommend this blend and consider it the best vanilla blend out there, even as good or better as MB Vanilla Cream which I have smoked for many years. If anyoone claims that aros are not any good, try this one and you will change your mind.

ctyankeepiper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ctyankeepiper (13)

The 1st non drug store blend I ever smoked, and is still one of my favorites. No bite, very nice flavor, perfectly moist, and real pleasant room note that's girlfriend approved. Even bone dry fresh out of the cellar as I'm smoking it now, it's still a decent smoke, but is better fully hydrated.

Sunday Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sunday (14)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Personally I think this is a very good aromatic, not necessarily a "sweet vanilla" taste so to speak of but still very flavorful with a nice room note. Definitely recommend this to everyone one like me who has relentlessly purchased tobaccos hoping to find a better taste or blend than the last one.

Pipe Used: Country Gentleman

Age When Smoked: fresh out of the mail box

Purchased From: wvsmokeshop.com

Old Puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Puffer (42)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Although our eternal (unreachable) search is for the perfect tobacco, and I am convinced that we would choose more than one if we found the right tastes, SW comes very close to one for me. I am not a strong fan of aromatics but I tried this baccy out on a whim and it surprised me with a rich, smooth, satisfying taste. Not too strong but with appreciable flavor. Easy to pack. No bite. Not hot in the bowl. Lights easily and keeps burning well. And it leaves the air with an atmosphere reminiscent of an unobtrusive air freshener (my words, not my wife's).

The only small fault I have with this is that it gets a little heavy at the bottom of the bowl. As with almost any tobacco that I have puffed, it needs a wee drying out before use.

I highly recommend this. After going through about 6 ounces it has become one of my top 5-6 baccys and will probably remain there for a looong time. It should also be a good recommendation for a newby to get started with.

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 9

After Taste = 9

Raw Score = 52

Rated Percentage = 87%

Comment = Very Smooth, Very Mild, good vanilla Flavor, a bit sweet on the Finish

Ndfmcfc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ndfmcfc (5)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I am new to pipe smoking (less than a month), so by no means am I qualified to review....but review I will. This is my first vanilla, and I like it very much.when first opening the bag, the aroma is exquisite. Definite vanilla. To look at, it is wonderful too. Great contract with the light brown and near black cavendish.

Char light was easy, but, as opposed to other reviews, I did have a little difficulty keeping it lit. The room note is very sweet, but the smoke is just right. I have tried a Bourkam Riff cherry, and this is much smoother. Definitely one I will smoke in my future rotation. Comparable to my beloved Suttcliff Molto dulce, and will rotate the two.

Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

an outstanding vanilla blend, sweet with natural toasty pancake flavor, very mild and gentle on the tongue, I LOVE IT. Try this one if you like vanilla blend, you cant go wrong with PSB

Taylor3006 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taylor3006 (47)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a very nice smoke, well behaved, no bite, and burns well to bottom of bowl with no relights. No goopy mess like you get with many aromatics. A very nice vanilla that is not overpowering and the room note is quite good. The tobacco itself is just a tad on the strong side for me (I prefer steamed black cavendish tobaccos) but otherwise its a great smoke. Recommend this blend to beginners, a good first smoke for sure.

Sailorjack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sailorjack (56)

The name is a bit of a misnomer. It is not as sweet as the name may imply. Yes there is a nice subdued underlying sweetness but not the gloppy overly sweet mess that might make you afraid to try this blend. You actually taste real tobacco particularly some nice Virginias. The vanilla is also lightly applied and adds more to the aroma than the taste. Over all this is a very tasty blend that will be enjoyed by all except the anti-aromatic snobs and the nic-heads. Smokes dry with no bite and is not overly mild. I could easily see this being an everyday smoke for many.I smoke mostly Va/Pers but this is a very nice change of pace and it's dirt cheap to boot. Enjoy!

fxf819 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
fxf819 (2)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Was really looking forward to this tobacco. Smoke it too fast then tongue bite. Smoke it too slow then it doesn't stay lit. Glad I didn't pay much money for it. I plan on smoking all of it just not my first or second choice. Just very little flavor. Disappointed.

Big Nick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Big Nick (72)

This stuff is simply fantastic! Mild, sweet, and flavorful. Damn cheap too! I can fully agree with Strongirish and his assessment below. Peter Stokkebye's Sweet Vanilla is in my top five best aromatic smoking experiences! A true hidden gem!

ozarksnick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ozarksnick (1)

I am currently a very new pipe smoker, as in less than a month. Being out in the boondocks I've been trying the drugstore varieties and have not been terribly happy.

On the recommendation of another pipe smoker I ordered an ounce of Sweet Vanilla online.

I like this tobacco very much. It didn't bite my tongue at all. I love the smell, I love the taste.

ruffinogold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ruffinogold (82)

I cant believe theres less than ten ratings for this blend . A very pretty looking blend thats super easy to lite and keep lit . It isnt heavily cased but isnt super mild ... it's just right . You taste the Va and taste vanilla and the room note is nice . This blend burns cool and dosent bite and has a little ' tang ' at times from the Va . This is good stuff . strongirish is right ... this can be smoked all day .. w/out any issues . I really enjoy the full mouth of smoke you get from this blend . I could stand it a little heavier all around but there is nothing not to like in this blend imo . P.S. is one of the great companys for sure .

Old Northern Smoky Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Northern Smoky (33)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Pleasant

Funny, though it is labelled Sweet Vanilla, I'd swear I smell hints of raspberry in the pouch, mouth and room note. My wife said the same thing.

This tobacco starts off with a nice sweet flavour and room note, but it is short lasting. Before I get through one quarter bowl, the flavour and room note have greatly diminished.

The right moisture, it lights and stays lit. It is very well behaved and will not bite.....I don't think it knows how.

You could smoke this all day long but I think I'd get bored after one bowl.

A replacement for Captain Black it is not. At least the Captain maintains its flavour and room note until less than a third of a bowl remains, whereupon the Captain can get sour. But Sweet Vanilla won't sour. It stays smokable right to the end.

Would I buy it again? No. I'd buy the Capt'n. first, but for the newbie, and the not-hard-to-please, it is just fine.

Rumplestilzken Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rumplestilzken (2)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

This isn't bad. It has a very smooth taste of what i can only describe as baked vanilla. It burns fairly nice, and not hot at all. you can taste the tobacco along side of the vanilla however, it does smoke a little wet, and it would be better if you let it dry out a little.

Worth a try to anyone who enjoys vanilla tobacco, but wants a more savory vanilla as opposed to a sweet tooth cure (such as Vanilla Custard from Altadis).

It is safe to assume english smokers would take kindly to this blend.

constantsmoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
constantsmoker (61)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Tolerable

This blend has either changed substantially since prior reviews were posted or I bought a 'bad batch'. Of all the Stokkebye vanilla-topped offerings, I found this one to be the harshest. Contrary to the descriptive advert blurb, it was punishing to my tongue/mouth, no matter how carefully or deliberately I smoked it. This might be an okay tobacco if you are extremely careful or don't mind frying your tongue. IMHO, Stokkebye's Vanilla Cream and French Vanilla are far superior and more satisfying blends, and provide cooler, more flavorful smokes and pleasant room notes.

giturra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
giturra (31)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant

This one is probably one of my favorite tobaccos. I'm mostly an aromatic smoker, and I have to say that this is probably one of the best aromatics I've ever smoked, it's creamy and mild, carefull though, in case you like strong tobacco, this is probably THE mildest mix I have tried. In my case, I was seduced inmediately, the aroma is great without being overwhelming, it's almost like drinking warm vanilla-caramel milk. probably the best of the vanilla series that P. Stokkerbye hast to offer, the black cavendish vanilla, didn't really impressed me, the vanilla gold it's also very good, and I agree that if you like Mac Baren Vanilla cream, this one will really become a favorite! I bought mine in argentina and it was ridiculously cheap also. I strongly recommed it, now if you are a hardcore english latakia smoker, you probably won't be as impressed as I was. otherwise...Enjoy!

p.smoker Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
p.smoker (16)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

this tobacco is great.it has a nice taste of vanilla.the aroma is wonderful and pleasing to others.if you like mac barens vanilla cream, i`m sure you will enjoy this.if your an aromatic lover like myself,you owe it to yourself to try this tobacco.it lites easy and smokes cool.i had no bite at all with this one.i have a pound of this cellared for the furtue.

SFC/E7 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SFC/E7 (93)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

Peter Stokkebye has out done himself on this blend. This is a bulk tobacco that keeps it's taste for quite along time. The tobacco is a bit moist but nothing to be overly concerned with as the tobacco is easily packed but may take a couple of matches to keep it lit at first. The ribbon cut of the brown and gold Virginia?s are added to Toasted Cavendish to give this just the right amount of gentleness so there is no tongue bite along with Stokkebye's toasting process added with the Vanilla and the natural sweetness of the Virginia?s makes this an excellent tobacco

The taste of the Virginia?s only gets sweeter as the tobacco slowly burns to the bottom of the bowl. I smoked this tobacco at an outdoor function during an NRA Pistol Match and had people coming up to me all the time asking what tobacco I was smoking as smelled so delicious.

As a connoisseur of the Aromatics I will say I love it and have been smoking it for quite sometime now. Although, for those who do not like an aromatic this probably would not be for you.

I love it

Keep your pipe cool, smoke it slow, enjoy it longer