We mixed delightfully mild Black Cavendish with light pressed Burley tobaccos to produce this best-selling blend. Tobacco aroma; Full-bodied vanilla flavor enlivens the essence of this mild, tasteful blend.

BrandPeter Stokkebye
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley
FlavoringVanilla
CutCurly Cut
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste

The black cavendish is very mildly vanilla-ish. The burley is toasty, earthy and nutty sweet. The vanilla topping is mild. I get a sense of alcohol in the topping that I can't quite identify that I found a little distracting, though it wasn't bad. The toppings lose a little of what strength they have in the final quarter of the bowl. Has very little nicotine. Burns a little too fast even when puffed moderately, and will bite if pushed too hard. Leaves just a little moisture, but no dottle. Needs few relights. The after taste is average. An all day smoke.

I'm not usually a fan of P.S.'s Aromatic-type tobacs. I do like some of their flake-types quite well. Bought this from outwesttobacco.com in Idaho over the internet. This is much better than average in it's category. The vanilla flavor tastes more like a bourbon-vanilla and it is a bit much right out of the pouch. Fill your pipe, give it the charing light, and let it sit for a while. After 15 or more minutes light it up again and enjoy a very nice Aromatic with real tobacco flavor.

Hunter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hunter (52)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

I told my wife when I get deployed to Iraq to send me this in bulk. This isn't my "if I could only have one tobacco..." blend, but it is an all-around pleasant every day, all day smoke.

The vanilla isn't nearly as obvious as I'd like, but it does make itself known. This is not overpoweringly cased, but has sufficient flavor to keep me interested. It has a pleasant aroma, so it plays well around other people.

I probably tend to smoke a bit fast and this burns a little wet, but has no real bite.

Not my favorite tobacco ever, but I keep quite a bit of it around. A good blend for the car or just sitting around the house. No major shortcomings, but no really significant strengths either. This is one of my default blends.

Cheers! Hunter

romaso Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
romaso (43)

This is a decent vanilla.

I heard from Outwest Tobacco that this is being discontinued by Stokkebye.