The perfect smoke. This light-tasting aromatic tobacco is a special recipe of Cavendish and Virginia tobaccos mixed with broad-leaf Carolina. It has a very pleasing aroma and is blended mildly for both the palate and the tongue.

BrandAshton
Manufactured ByOrlik Tobacco Assens
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
Packaging50g Tin, 100g Tin
Strength
Taste

I concur with my fellow reviewers. Unlike Type 5, the flavoring here (perhaps some vanilla and caramel, with roasted chestnuts?) has been discreetly applied--probably a topping rather than doused in sauce. Thus, the taste is far more natural and tobaccoey. I find it a tad mild for my liking, but as a social tobacco it's very good. No one complains, and the smoker still feels he/she is actually smoking pipe tobacco.

There is a certain resemblance with Captain Black White, but I find Type 6 to be more refined and classy, definitely smoother. A nice choice for the aromatic smoker, and not at all a bad change of pace for the natural tobacco enthusiasts.

Medium Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant

Not a bad tobacco, but a bad casing. Luckily it's mildly flavored and sometime you get to taste the base tobaccos, but when the topping/casing gets in front, the pleasure of smoking vanishes. I wish I could define that flavoring, but it doesn't resembles anything I have tasted before.

pop-pop's pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pop-pop's pipe (96)

A high class Captain Black white! All the positives of the Captain, without the negatives. I like it!

360KiloCat Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
360KiloCat (12)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

I cannot get enough of this tobacco! From time to time here in Moscow, it shows up at a local tobacconist, and when it does and I happen to be there, that cash register starts ringing! Great taste - flavored just enough to make it pleasant without adding any sort of artificial taste or masking the tobacco with a candy or liqueur flavor. If I were sentenced to being able to smoke only one tobacco blend for the rest of my life, this would be it!