Bright Virginia grades hand-blended with bulk-cured Black Cavendish. Flavored with Scottish Highland cream whiskey. Easy to fill and easy to smoke.

BrandA & C Petersen
Taste

Steden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steden (94)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium Very Pleasant

Considered on the specific department of aromatics, Caledonian Highland Cream is a prime quality blend. It is marvellously flavoured with vanilla-toffee-whisky notes on a confectionary way (in the good sense of the term), despite this casing is liberally applied it seems possess a sort of “transparent” virtue so you can detect the taste of the underlying good tobaccos, the whole effect is a sensation of great pleasure with a smoke able to caress your uvula and fill your nose with a superior aroma. Christmas is near, make a gift to your relatives and friends smoking this mastery product close them.

Very Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

Aromatic lovers will probably greatly enjoy this. I just had to try it because I heard it has a tobacco taste despite all the sweetness (Vanilla extract in a can!)

If I were desperate, I'd finish the tin. But, because my local tobacco club has a tobacco bar and members are invited to share their bounty, this one will be my offering for the month. I had the tin for several years but now that I've sampled the contents, I'm willing to let it go.

Quality leaf all the way and not hard to keep lit at all. I'm glad I smoked it in my Kaywoodie reserved for aromatics because the odor and taste will probably stay with the pipe longer than I'll stay on planet earth.

Now then, where's a spoon? After a whiff of this stuff in the tin, I'm thinking anything that smells that good surely must be edible.

Doctor Max Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Doctor Max (23)
Very Mild Medium Very Mild Pleasant

Had high hopes for this one I have to admit, based on reviews both here and other web sites. The packaging also looks very classic and classy. Opening the tin I was already slightly apprehensive; the rather nicely orange/brown melange had quite a few stems and veins mixed in, and tin note was surprisingly fruity for a whisky-flavoured tobacco, with notes of apricot and citrus peel. For the smoking experience, I would classify this in the Danish style. While the flavour is pleasant all through the bowl, it is very mild and straight forward. At best I get a nice round sweetness with notes of caramel and apricot seeds, at worst just steam... The tobacco also gave off quite a lot of humidity; I had my first drink in years! Despite this it did burn nice and easy all the way to the heel, leaving dark, almost black, ashes with little to no dottle. Had the flavour been stronger and more complex I would've rated this higher. If you're into mild-ish, easy tobaccos give this a go, for me it didn't do much.

Pipe Used: Missouri Meerschaum Corn Cob

Age When Smoked: New to 6 months

Purchased From: Dan pipe; http://www.danpipe.de/

Similar Blends: Mac Baren - Navy Flake, Borkum Riff - Highland Malt Whiskey, Erinmore - Erinmore Flake.

ELF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ELF (40)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Excellent Tobacco,of the Highest Quality Ingredients...If U like C+Diel,Pease,McClnds...U won't B disapointed! Nowadays most Tobacco Mfg's Rely on"Casing+Flovoring"2make a Mixture Palatable...Because they don't have Good-Core-Ingredients...This is not the Case,with A+C Peterson or the 3other mentioned in my Review. Have smoked a pipe for Almost 30Yrs+tried Literally 100-150Tin Mixtures alone. If U can find ANY..A+C Peterson Tin Mix's..BUY ALL that U can afford!.. I opened an A+C Scottish-Mixture from the 1960's(It was amazing!!) With All Changes Happening Within The European-Union;the List of Tobacco+Tob.Related Products are getting More Restrictive(INTO-North America)...If You find Tob-Treasures..BUY THEM While U Still CAN!

Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Returning to a past favourite of mine, I picked up a tin of No. 10 a couple of days ago and gave it another whirl.

It was exactly as I had remembered it. Beautiful tin aroma, not in any particular way hinting at Whisky, but with a nice, bright, fragrant note underlined by the Black Cavendish. Sweetness is going to happen here, the aroma says.

And it does; the taste is of tobacco with a little extra -- much unlike many other Whisky-flavoured blends which tend to go over the top -- it is mild, but not too much so, sweet with the BC and VA, with VA freshness and spice and just a hint of Latakia taste in there. The room note is beautiful; again the Whisky holds itself in the background and lets the tobacco do the legwork, only adding a beautiful, mature note to something already quite good; the Latakia only adds a little spice and is not really noticeable as such.

The leaf is approximately 50/50 Black Cavendish and both bright and red VA tobaccos with maybe up to 2 % Latakia; it's a mixed-length ribbon cut that is easy to pack (and can also easily be packed too tightly) and burns down nicely, gently and easily.

This is a blend I can very highly recommend to the beginner looking for aromatic blends; me, I still enjoy smoking it very much, but these days I am used to more strength and flavour, and that's why I don't give a full rating.

FALCON Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FALCON (12)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

my first tin tobacco i smoked.its creamy rich and very god

Highland Cream is a smooth, mild, aromatic blend, very much in the Danish tradition. There's quality leaf here, and the aroma is creamy, deep, sweet in a milky-chocolate sort of way, more similar to Bailey's (the liquor) than to other blends cased with Scotch (i.e.: A&C Peterson's own Highland MALT, with which Highland CREAM should not be confused, Radford's Old Scotch or Davidoff`'s Scottish Mixture).

I believe it is a mild smoke, but the density of the casing gives the impression of a fuller strength (that is, a medium smoke). It is not cloying or sticky. Room aroma is pretty nice, homey. There's really not much in the way of excitement, nor does it induce a deep, contemplative smoke. I find more the kind of smoke others enjoy, a "conversational" tobacco if you will.

As to the above description, I think they got it confused with another blend from the same company: Premier Crú. Similar to Caledonian Green, but less sweet and slightly more potent, Premier Crú does present the classic English tobacco composition of Virginia, very tamed Latakia and Orientals, and a dash of Périque.

So, don't be misled. Highland Cream is NOT an English style tobacco, and it's NO alternative to Dunhill's EMP. But if you are looking for a creamy, slow burning aromatic, this might just be the ticket.

Mr.Woods Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Mr.Woods (10)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I'm really not into aromatics, but this blend is one of the few that I would chose if I get in the mood. It has a tobacco taste to it, and the room note is just wonderful! It really "lifts" the the room!

From the first time i smelled it (in the smokers section of a danish train) I knew I must try this one! I did, fell in love with it, got tired of it and let it go.

If you're looking for something that will please almost anyone when smoked indoors, this is the one to go for!

Pipe Used: Stanwell, Ratos

Purchased From: PAK Sverige

CornCob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CornCob (94)
Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This is a lovely blend.Its like opening a bottle of 12 year old scotch, very much enjoyed when smoked slowly. It packed quite well, although i found it a little dry out of the tin, but that didnt seem to make any difference. It got a little hot towards the bottom, but that may have been my fault for smoking it a little fast. I will buy it again when i can find it.

OleFattGuy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
OleFattGuy (27)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This aromatic has a following in Sweden (and probably elsewhere) that makes it sometimes unobtainable in the shops! Clubs smoking only this weed have been formed which says something about the tobacco, but also about the monomanic minds of some people ;)

I can sit and sniff in the tin for hours. It just smells so wonderful. When stuffed in the pipe it is a sure crowd pleaser and strangers walk up to greet you with altruistic attitudes towards pipe smokers in general and especially you!

It is a wonderful smoke, however after half a tin I tend to get a "sweetness overdose" and start to long for a "rougher" baccy altogether, maybe a Premier Cru or a Red Rapparee or something. It is like eating a pound of milk toffee, you start to look for licorice in the candy jar. Or a whisky. But that doesnt stop me from a hearty recommendation of this, smoked to measure.