None provided.

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandDream Castle Tobacco Company

1.7
mldub Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mldub (2)
Very Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Tolerable

I'm kind of new to pipe smoking and I enjoy it so far but this wasn't so great. I got it as a gift from a friend, "Here to help you get started" he said.... Well if this is what I have to go off of for tobacco smoking then I think it would help me stop instead.

I opened the pouch and it smelt pretty good, so I started to pack my pipe. A few minutes later I'm on my back porch lighting up, the first puff was underwhelming by far and it only seemed to go downhill from there. It has a very neutral taste bordering on bland, and it burns rather hot for me. I couldn't just give up on it immediately though, over a few days I smoked several more pipes of it and it never got any better sad to say.

But all in all it was free which is great and as I'm still getting used to the tobaccos out there I think this may help calm down other blends as it was so lackluster on its own. As this is a natural blend I shouldn't fault it as much for the mild flavoring but the taste of the tobacco isn't stellar either. So, I don't recommend smoking it alone however in a mix it may help tame other bold flavors.

Old Puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Puffer (42)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

Lucky for me, Pipesandcigars sent this as a sampler so I didn't have to waste my money to try it out. Another baccy heavily laden with a casing of anti-freeze that comes sticky-goo and will not dry out which Dream Castle seems to be noted for.

Tried to dry on a cookie sheet for over 24 hours to no avail. Tried smoking it anyway. Packing was a chore due to the stickiness, lit OK, stayed lit OK but started to gurgle within the first quarter of the bowl. Taste and room note were not offensive and did not leave any bad taste or odor in either the pipe or the mouth. Gurgling just got worse and worse and had to wipe the bowl out after the finish.

If it were not for the humectant, would make an OK blender for harsher and bad tasting baccys but, this stuff scares me health-wise, and I will never bother to order more.

Loser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Loser (10)
Medium to Strong Extremely Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

I just got back from the post office where i was expecting a box of cigars but instead found a white envelope. i didn't expect this so i figured it was from someone in the youtube pipe smokers community. after i read a couple reviews i remembered signing up for a free sample online not remembering "ya' get what ya' pay for"

I opened the pouch and gave it a wiff, it didn't smell too bad so I stirred it up, still not too bad but i've smelled better. the common note on here is that it's quite wet/sticky,I too find the same result. I closed the bag and read a few more reviews to get a general idea of what i was getting myself into, then I went to get my meerschaum as I am fresh out of corncob pipes. i'm typing this little by little as I must go outside to smoke it. so now i'm going to pack up my pipe.

it packs like a turd in a punchbowl.. soaked and lumpy... plenty of hard stalks (stems) to go around... thank "god" this meer isn't anything special to me. and now time to go outside and see how good anything called "super value" can be.

Using the 2 match lighting system I got the bowl fired up immediately and had no trouble keeping it lit. the bowl started to gurgle right away and i noticed tongue bite kicking in just as quickly. i decided to try and find some flavor but it just wasn't there. i tried a few more times and a very slight hint of something came through but i couldn't figure out what it was. I decided mid-way through this pipe that i was done giving "Super Value" a chance and dumped it out. the sound of it hitting the sidewalk was quite loud. DO NOT EXPECT A VIDEO ABOUT THIS BLEND! I would only recommend you give this tobacco to an enemy because if you give it to a friend they'll likely hate you for it.

IS THERE A ZERO STAR RATING ON HERE?!?

CJBas Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CJBas (26)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I bought a 12 oz. bag of this in North Carolina years ago for blending, packed as much as I could tightly in a pint Mason jar, used the remaining, and then forgot agout the jar. I was satisfied with its blenting properties at the time. It's good for toning down a too sweet aromatic or a too heady Balkan or English.

Recently I found the jar, 25 years later. What hat been a tolerable blending tobacco 25 years ago has become a superb blending tobacco over time. It has little effect on whatever tobacco it's being blending with, only takes the edge off if need be. And, after 25 years, now makes a very pleasant smoke all on its own.

Cancerman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cancerman (13)
Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

This is some really bizzare tobacco. I get a free sampler of this every time I order up a few pounds from pipesandcigars.com and I tried it yesterday for the first time. It's like smoking....nothing. It has no taste hardly at all, no nicotine whatsoever. If it weren't for the smoke coming out of my mouth I'd say the pipe went out LOL. If you really stoke the pipe and get it hot it kind of burns your mouth and nose, but goes away quickly leaving no nicotine buzz. If you want to smoke all day long this may be your bacca, but it's not for me. I like a good tasting tobacco, latakia, virginia, even a mild aromatic is better than 'nothing'. On the flip side, if you have a blend that is too strong in taste or nicotine, or perhaps too heavily cased, this stuff would be a fantastic blending tobacco to thin out other tobacco. I didn't know what a mild tobacco was until I tried this, you should try it at least once. I have some extra if you want some!

Captain bob Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Captain bob (38)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

I previously reviewed this in an apparent duplicate entry of this blend at this location on this site: http://tobaccoreviews.com/blend_detail.cfm?ALPHA=N&TID=2014

Perhaps the Moderator can properly combine these Reviews in one place.

extreme122 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
extreme122 (5)
Extremely Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This tobacco came with a 2 pipe purchase from pipesandcigars.com, so expectations were low.., i tried it on a Dr. Grabow filter pipe, result, flat tobacco, somehow sweet but dull. No bite for me even if i over puff. Room smell is very light and nice. English Lovers abstain to try it!, Aromatic lovers, you can find a better choice even if your low on budget !, somehow i would recommend it just for newbies.

rsvp2rip Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rsvp2rip (27)

This was the first tobacco I smoked in a pipe years ago and it will probably be the last. I never found it to bite (didn't know what tounge bite was until I tried Capt. Black) and it doesn't have a cloying flavor. It tastes like sweet tobacco with a hint of vanilla maybe? The finish to me is more grassy like a good burley will finish. Whatever, it is certainly availible everywhere here and at a price of $2.00 a pouch it is very afordable. Not a contemplative smoke, but if you suck on your pipe all day every day you can do a lot worse.

Another of my forays into "budget" tobacco. It reminds me of a toned down version of Walgreen's Black and Burley. This is understandable, as the Super Value brand is blended by Altadis as are the Walgreen blends.

This is a very mild Cavendish cut Burley/Virginia, with a bit of toasted black Burley Cavendish added to it. It is mild with a bit of sweetness because of the toasted Cav. It burns surprisingly dry, but can burn a little hot, so sip gently on it.

The downside is that it has an ashy finish, and can bite pretty badly. That will keep it from being a regular for me. It is a commendable option if you are on a tight budget, or live in the middle of nowhere. Thank goodness for the internet!