Super Value Vanilla is an easy-burning, smooth-smoking blend of mild tobaccos with a pleasant vanilla aroma.

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandSuper Value
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.0
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

Dry it first, or you'll have a bowl of goop at the bottom. Puff slow and you should avoid the harsh note. It won't bite, though. It's typical of blends in this genre. Has little tobacco flavor outside of a toast note or two, and not much nicotine. Burns a little slow and needs some relights. Has a decent, short lived, thin vanilla after taste. Pleasant room note.

crapgame1967 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
crapgame1967 (55)

What can I say...just some very ordinary vanilla flavor over some ordinary tobacco...nothing really special here....added this to my ":All Things Vanillia" jar. Maybe if you had a good burly to mix this with you may have something better!

Pipe Used: MM

Purchased From: local tobacco/lottery shop

gryf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gryf (2)

Dry it first, or you will end up with some serious goop in your bowl. good taste. awesome room note. very good smoke on a budget.

kymidnight Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kymidnight (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Was given a bag of this. Very moist. Some people will want to dry it. Bite isn't bad, but keeping it lit without drying can be tricky. Very sticky. Solid vanilla flavor, not much else. Overall a decent, but cheap tobacco. The wife really likes the smell, which is a plus (Got an extra star just for that :D ) Not a great tobacco, but it's ok and I think it will blend with something else pretty well.

The Persian Slipper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Persian Slipper (30)
Extremely Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

I lit this blend in one of my cheap pipes (after five matches) and puffed this pipe weed for about a minute and then tapped it out. This is horrible stuff. The Federal Government should order this to fire proof the Pentagon, as it is very difficult to burn. Absolutly horrible to my palate. But, it's cheap and it would be well for a VERY new newbie. Do not smoke this in anything but a cob. Or, if you're an old hand at the briars, not at all. Sorry, but this won't be going in the slipper.

Ring88 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ring88 (10)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I also got this in a free pouch from a order I got. I kind of like it it's not bad I smoke it in a corn cob. It is a little wet in the pouch you may want to let it air dry for a little bit. I like the Vanilla that I smell and can really taste after the first light. I had no real problem keeping the pipe lit as I do some times being a new pipe smoker. The room note was nice, If you walk out and then walk back in about ten min. later you can smell the sweetness in the air still and I kind of like that. I only smoke tobacco that has a good room note in my place the others I smoke on my little deck. I liked it I'm happy that I got it for nothing as a freebee so I will enjoy my 1.5 oz and maybe get a bit more just to have on hand to make my place stink good..

Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I received this as a free gift with a large tobacco order. Why, I do not know, since nothing in my order would indicate that this stuff would work for me. Perhaps they were just trying to get rid of it. I do enjoy a few aromatics but they have to be of high quality. This one isn't.

I wasn't going to smoke it but it smelled so good in the bag! A little synthetic but still nice. It also smelled nice in the room. But there the fun ended. The taste was so mild, it was like smoking hot air. I used 6 pipe cleaners to dry the gurgles in one bowlful. Folks, there's a good reason this tobacco stays wet even though the pouch isn't sealed when it's sold. Humectants galore in this one. It sounded like I was smoking through a hookah!

As an innocent bystander, this gets 3 stars. If you actually smoke it yourself, 1 star... and that's a gift. Low quality tobacco + high humectant content = zero smoking satisfaction. Captain Black is a definite step up.