None provided.

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandDream Castle Tobacco Company

2.1
cloudsnrings Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cloudsnrings (1)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild Very Pleasant

like everyone, i selected pipe tobacco based on the recommendations of others, buying sample packs, or cheap stuff. Found a few that i loved from reputable companies. then one day i discovered a fellow pipe smoker at work, he's been doing it 40 years plus. seen him in his truck on break smoking, smell filled the parking lot! the ladies at work love running up to him just so they can smell that pipe aroma on him. I asked him one day, what the hell are you smoking?! he told me," oh some cheap stuff i get at the smoke shop." so went down there, it was this stuff for $3. i had my share of cheap stuff, stood there thinking i know this is a bad idea- but bought it anyway. I HAVE HAD MORE COMPLIMENTS ABOUT THE AROMA WITH THIS THAN I HAVE HAD WITH ANY OTHER TOBACCO! just recently sitting outside during our towns 4th of july celebration having a smoke, people were looking around and asking whats that, that smells so good, my niece answered its my uncles pipe. Ive never had trouble lighting it or keeping it lit, ive never opened a wet bag of it either. i open, fill, light, smoke, enjoy, collect compliments, thats it! burns nicely and completely. my friend said the cherry was better, I like both! my recommendation- keep searching for a tobacco that suits you, my search is over!

gryf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gryf (2)

Dry it first, or you will end up with some serious goop in your bowl. good taste. awesome room note. very good smoke on a budget.

Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

Dry it first or you'll have a bowl of goop at the bottom. Puff slow and you should avoid tongue bite. It's a rather unremarkable all day sweet smoke, but I've had worse, some being from this series. There are much better vanilla blends on the market, but this is okay for a budget smoker.

dt753 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dt753 (12)
Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

My local tobacco dealer has been out of my usual every-day aromatic for a couple weeks, so I picked up a bag of this to "get me through" until his next shipment arrived. I thought for the low price of $14, it would be hard to go wrong. Boy, was I mistaken.

Right out of the bag, it's a little wet and doesn't want to stay lit. It has very little taste. Were it not for the tongue bite, there would be almost nothing to write about.

"Vanilla Steam" would be a better name for this (if it had more vanilla flavoring).

Anybody want a slightly used free bag of tobacco?

kymidnight Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kymidnight (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Was given a bag of this. Very moist. Some people will want to dry it. Bite isn't bad, but keeping it lit without drying can be tricky. Very sticky. Solid vanilla flavor, not much else. Overall a decent, but cheap tobacco. The wife really likes the smell, which is a plus (Got an extra star just for that :D ) Not a great tobacco, but it's ok and I think it will blend with something else pretty well.

Taerin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taerin (20)
Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

The flavor is very nice and sweet. It comes very wet with very heavy casings, so you have to let it dry out a bit when you get it. This was my first and favorite tobacco for quite some time until I got into English tobaccos, and then later discovered high quality aromatics (Boswells). I brought this down to 2 stars as my expectations of aromatic tobaccos has increased. I ended up giving this stuff away for free.

The Persian Slipper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
The Persian Slipper (29)
Extremely Mild Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

I lit this blend in one of my cheap pipes (after five matches) and puffed this pipe weed for about a minute and then tapped it out. This is horrible stuff. The Federal Government should order this to fire proof the Pentagon, as it is very difficult to burn. Absolutly horrible to my palate. But, it's cheap and it would be well for a VERY new newbie. Do not smoke this in anything but a cob. Or, if you're an old hand at the briars, not at all. Sorry, but this won't be going in the slipper.

Storm Watch Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Storm Watch (25)

It's cheap. It's vanilla. It gets two stars.

All the same there are many things I don't like about it. Not the least of which is that this stuff is sticky. You could grab a hand full of this stuff and roll it up into a ball and it would stay that way. Roll it across the floor and let your cat play with it. It even looks wet.

Doesn't like to light easily. Doesn't like to dry out easily. Leaves nasty gooey stuff in your pipes. Did I mention it's vanilla and cheap? Get a cob if you are going to smoke this stuff.

Roddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Roddy (41)

For most people this will not be an all day long smoke. It's fairly sweet and smoking more than one or two bowls a day will start to get to you. Unlike others who have reviewed this tobacco I found no bite at all but there was a rather unpleasant sent in the nose after more than two bowls a day. It's nice to have around if you don't smoke too much of it. I've only just cellared a few half pint jars and will update in six months to a year on any changes. If you like Vanillas it can't hurt to have a pouch laying around just don't overdo it or the taste will start to change on you.

Ring88 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ring88 (9)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I also got this in a free pouch from a order I got. I kind of like it it's not bad I smoke it in a corn cob. It is a little wet in the pouch you may want to let it air dry for a little bit. I like the Vanilla that I smell and can really taste after the first light. I had no real problem keeping the pipe lit as I do some times being a new pipe smoker. The room note was nice, If you walk out and then walk back in about ten min. later you can smell the sweetness in the air still and I kind of like that. I only smoke tobacco that has a good room note in my place the others I smoke on my little deck. I liked it I'm happy that I got it for nothing as a freebee so I will enjoy my 1.5 oz and maybe get a bit more just to have on hand to make my place stink good..

Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

I received this as a free gift with a large tobacco order. Why, I do not know, since nothing in my order would indicate that this stuff would work for me. Perhaps they were just trying to get rid of it. I do enjoy a few aromatics but they have to be of high quality. This one isn't.

I wasn't going to smoke it but it smelled so good in the bag! A little synthetic but still nice. It also smelled nice in the room. But there the fun ended. The taste was so mild, it was like smoking hot air. I used 6 pipe cleaners to dry the gurgles in one bowlful. Folks, there's a good reason this tobacco stays wet even though the pouch isn't sealed when it's sold. Humectants galore in this one. It sounded like I was smoking through a hookah!

As an innocent bystander, this gets 3 stars. If you actually smoke it yourself, 1 star... and that's a gift. Low quality tobacco + high humectant content = zero smoking satisfaction. Captain Black is a definite step up.

Fredbert Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fredbert (2)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

If you can get past half a bowl of this goopy stuff, you are lucky. The smell isn't bad, but no real flavor. Cheap but not worth it.

Nick O'Teen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nick O'Teen (90)

Better don your tongue armor.

The lowest of the low grade vanillas. Fortunately the pouch can double as an airsick bag. You'll need one after smoking this abomination.

cavendish guru Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
cavendish guru (6)
Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

I'm in a bine here.If this makes sense, this stuff tastes good about the first 5 or 6 bowls, and then it tends to start tasting very pungent, and not like that of the other vanillas i've tried. I'm new at pipe smoking, and only 18 years old, but I know my pipes to say the least. When I first got a pouche of this, I was in shock and felt it to be the best blend ever made.That is until I tried the smokers pride vanilla cavendish.This stuff is so very moist, and almost resembles that of a fine pinch of Skoal Vanilla Long Cut. If you are a firm believer in aromatics and can't live without vanilla, try it but don't say I didn't recommend Smoker's Pride to all of you.

scootpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
scootpipe (9)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I bought a package of this tobacco with very high hopes. I hoped that I would really enjoy it so that I could make it my everyday smoke, because the price is right. I may have over paid for it but at $2.29 who cares.

Packing the pipe wasn't difficult but it wasn't easy either. The bag aroma is nice, almost perfume but very nice. It smoked/burned well. I hate to admit it but I REALLY LIKE THIS STUFF. It's not real strong on the vanilla like I thought it would be. I personally like it better than captian black and I'm a cap't black fan. So at half the cost I may leave the cap't to sail alone.

I hope to try the other Super Value tocac's soon. If only they would give the stuff a different name. But me being the tight wad that I am I guess I'll just have to live with the cheap looking "super value" package.

Aldo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Aldo (31)
Mild Strong Full Pleasant to Tolerable

After enjoying the Dream Castle Black and Burley, I gave this one a try. While the room and bag aroma were pleasant, the good experience ended there.

You might as well skip packing the bowl, and just apply your lighter directly onto your tongue. I even tried a second bowl of this, just to be fair, before I threw out the best of the bag.

Greenleaf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greenleaf (7)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This Dream Castle concoction was not quite the vanilla that I've been dreaming of. Like a double-edged sword, this tobacco cuts both ways: through the full, round flavor of vanilla, the familiar fist of tongue-bite is more than ready to T.K.O. an unsuspecting smoker.

As I have rolled the dice at the high stake of $2, I am duty bound to devise a use for these saturated candy leaves. Might be worth experimenting with drying the tobacco and blending it with a benign drugstore blend such as Carter Hall.

Either that, or I could make the wiser decision of fleeing the hot-burning scene of that "briar crime" so that my palate may live to taste another day.

In summation, the pouch is perhaps good for two bowls and the remainder may be prominently displayed amongst your tobacco collection as a cautionary tale for you and your posterity.