None provided.

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandDream Castle Tobacco Company
1.9
AmdisShikariBrone Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
AmdisShikariBrone (5)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This was the first tobacco I ever smoked, I picked up a large bag with my original pipe and found it to be actually pretty good, the cherry flavour was in there but it wasnt too sweet and I didnt get the propylene glycol feeling yet im sure its in there. I also left part of it in a bag for almost a year and after aging I have to say it was even nicer than the original opening. with the first pipe as well as the last, I got nothing but complements for the scent it left on me and on the area I smoked in, a few lasses even told me that I should use a pipe in the morning instead of cologne.

Pipe Used: meerschaum; Wood

Age When Smoked: Out of bag, as well as 10 months later.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

It takes forever to dry it out. Moist, it burns slow, but wet and leaves too much goop. There's a half way decent cherry taste, but nothing special. It tends to be bitey, and the chemicals coat your tongue. Not much saving grace here. There's a number of cherry blends that will please you more, and I recommend you try them. This isn't worth the money you save.

chestateegold Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
chestateegold (2)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

I was disappointing by this tobacco. I saw this tobacco for a good price and decided to give it a shot. It smelled good in the package, however was very moist. I couldn't really detect much of a cherry taste at all and this one had a good bit of tongue bite. The room note was very good though, and my girlfriend certainly agreed.

whippersnapper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
whippersnapper (6)
Overwhelming Extremely Mild Overwhelming Pleasant

I eyed this 1.5 oz pouch of baccy for quite awhile because I had never tried a cherry before. To spite my better judgement of buying anything with the brand name of "Super Value" I decided to go ahead an try it. The package note was VERY pleasant and even made my mouth water.

Upon opening, I immediately noticed that it was extremely wet. I stuffed a little in my bowl, { the wetness made that difficult to pack } and lit it up { well..... sorta } It was so moist that I couldn't even get it to burn. The little bit of taste I did get out of it was horrible. I'll not smoke it again. It now sits atop my dashboard over the heater vents where it makes for a nice air freshener.

DO NOT buy.

FireTi Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FireTi (5)
Strong Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

I bought this stuff because it said "all natural" and I wanted a bulk tobacco that was going to be mild and cool burning without any bite. This tobacco certainly lives up to the last 3 criteria, but I think they are lying about the "all natural" part. This stuff tastes and smells like it has chemicals added to it, like chemical preservatives or something like that. I suspect it is the same type of chemicals that they put in that Middleton's Prince Albert tobacco to keep it preserved. It gives it that sort of stale, cheap, after taste, after smell that is common with the drug store brands, and I'm pretty sure that it is the chemical preservatives that give it that flavor and smell. I gave this stuff a 4 star rating because they obviously engineered the hell out of it. This stuff is super smooth, with a perfect burn and a really good taste that is not too strong and not too mild. It smells great to everybody in the room. It smells great and tastes great, just like Middleton's pipe tobacco. But I promised myself a long time ago that I would only smoke all natural tobacco without any chemical additives because lets face it folks, that has got to be the healthiest way to smoke pipe tobacco. You've got to wonder if all those people getting mouth cancer and throat cancer and lung cancer are getting a prolonged overdose of chemical additives, not an over dose of all natural tobacco. Obviously there is some all natural tobacco included in this blend because there is no such thing as artificial tobacco, but I'm pretty damn sure that this stuff has chemical additives in it. And it's got so much damn nicotine in it that I would not be surprised if they fortified it with extra nicotine in order to try to get the poor old folks hooked on this stuff. They did a great job with the blend. They engineered the hell out of it. But there is no way in hell this stuff is 100% all natural tobacco with no chemicals added. I WISH THE GOVERNMENT WOULD MAKE THEM LIST THE INGREDIENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carbide Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Carbide (3)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

This is the only cherry pipe tobacco I've ever tried that you can actually taste the cherry in. Opening the bag, the aroma is delicious and very strong. The tobacco itself, however, is a bit mild. It has a pronounced tendency towards tongue-bite if you puff even a little to fast. The Room Note is wonderfully sweet, inviting people to come comment on how great it smells.

Overall, I would much rather have this than many other 'drug-store blends' and definitely would take this over any other cherry flavored blend that I have tried.

Dentist1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dentist1 (1)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Burns hot and wet. It's only redeeming quality is it's room note, which is quite pleasant.

Roddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Roddy (41)
Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

Bought a bag of this stuff and once I got it out of the bag I wasn't sure at first that the tobacco itself didn't come plastic coated. There was actually a sheen to it and it didn't even look like tobacco anymore. Unlike the Rum Cured version I can't even use this for blending in it's current state.

The smell in the bag wasn't bad. Setting it on fire however seems to destroy any taste. There was only a hint of cherry in the bowl and that dissapeared quickly. I had to relight it several times. DON'T SMOKE THIS IN A GOOD PIPE! If you must try it get yourself a cob.

With the massive amount of additive in this tobacco I doubt it will dry out in the next six years. People who like this stuff haven't tried smoking pine bark yet.

Old Puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Puffer (42)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

Fortunately, got this as a free sample from pipesandcigars. While I can't put down the tobaccos in this blend, it is drenched in glycol and WILL NOT DRY OUT. I tried to dry it for 3 solid days on a large cookie sheet and it never lost any of it's stickiness. It is super sticky goopy and makes me super glad that I don't inhale pipe tobacco smoke; but, because of this, I refuse to smoke it more than the once I used to formulate this review. Also, such additives to tobacco scare the daylights out of me health-wise.

Because if the stickiness, not sure if I packed it properly. However, it lit up OK and burned without much fuss. The Cherry flavor that was obvious from the pouch never came through in the smoking, either in the taste or the slipstream. BORING! Started getting gurgly after the half way mark and something wet and bitter came out of the pipe stem on to my tongue. That was enough for me and I gave up.

The only plus I can find for this blend is that it is mild, smokes cool and doesn't bite. Wish I could rate it a zero!

BigNick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigNick (25)
Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

The smell is quite nice, very moist however. I thought the taste was alright. Not the best tobacco i have ever tasted, i found that if it is packed lightly the taste of the cherries and tobacco comes out more. If packed a little tighter, the cherry taste isn't really there. Its good on a budget, that's about it really.

(Addition), ok I've sparingly used this stuff since i bought it, which was 4 months ago,(about the same time i wrote the review). Then i just started back up, due to a lack of funds and i have actually used it to blend with other tobaccos, not good ones, just capt. black, white and gold. it makes a way more complex taste, i don't add that much at all, because if there is too much, it tastes even more horrible.

smokeybandit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
smokeybandit (12)

This is not a terrible tobacco, but its not good either. Really, I couldn't taste much of anything when I smoked it. The tobacco is rather wet and the smell is pleasant, but the flavor does not come through when I smoke it. It's not a terrible blend, but not something I would really recommend either.

proc2000 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
proc2000 (7)

After smoking 10 bowls from the 12oz. bag I have updated my review...

The smell of cherry upon opening the bag is quite strong, but pleasant. Lightly flavored tobacco that smokes easily. The smell doesn't translate into taste. The cherry flavoring is there, but is extremely light and disappears by the last 1/3rd of the bowl where it takes on an almost cigarette ash consistency/taste to it. Good? Not really. Marginally adequate if you really want to smoke something. Pass.

kyscco15 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
kyscco15 (3)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium Tolerable

It is okay for the price ($12 for a 12 oz bag). However, I would only buy this again if I couldn't get Middleton Cherry Blend.

The aroma when opening the bag is very pleasant. When going to decant it into a tobacco pouch, though, I would recommend wearing food handler gloves, because it is moist enough to stick to hands. It packs down both in the bag and into the pipe tightly due to the moistness, so if you have the patience (and the willingness) to age or dry it, I would recommend it.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

It comes very wet in the pouch and has little cherry casing. However, it also has little tobacco flavor either, so you basically end up smoking the equivalent of mulch with a bite.

This tobacco has no positive attributes at any price. Do yourself a favor and move on.

Nick O'Teen Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Nick O'Teen (90)

If this were the only tobacco available, I could finally quit smoking.

Just awful.

Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This stuff comes very damp, and it never seems to dry out. It smells great, but has very little flavor and an ashy finish. It is incredibly inexpensive. Decent fodder for a corn cob.

Aldo Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Aldo (31)
Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

Probably the best of the inexpensive Cherry flavored tobaccos. Fairly lightly cased, nothing like a "cough syrup delivery system" like the Smokers Pride brand is.

I couldn't smoke much of this either but it is the best in it's class by a longshot. I left some to dry out for a couple of months and it is somewhat more manageable....you can actually taste the tobacco behind the flavoring.

This is about the only cheap Cherry Cavendish around that doens't make me ill, I actually enjoy the very, very occasional bowl of this weed.

omegapd Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
omegapd (81)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I believe this is now marketed under the name Admiral's Choice Cherry Cavendish. It is sold through CVS Pharmacy and comes in an 8oz can with a pop-top lid instead of the large bulk bag it used to come in. Opening the tin, it has a distinct smell of cherries, but like the above reviewer stated, it's not anything offensive. It's a mix of brown, black and some light yellow ribbon cuts and comes way too wet. I bought this about 3 months ago and smoked a few bowls until the sweet tooth I had didn't last anymore. I opened it up again today and it's still almost sopping wet. It smokes okay though, if you don't mind the re-lights and sizzling noise and has a decent flavor I wouldn't think of as cherry with some spice notes as you get down the bowl. Could I smoke a bunch of this? No. But to the smokers who stick to the drugstore stuff, this is probably just as good as CB Cherry and much cheaper.

Greenleaf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Greenleaf (7)
Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

I have concluded that Super Value is the most overlooked drugstore brand on the market. Surprisingly, this well-balanced cavendish provided a smooth smoke and a clean cherry flavor. The brown leaves are free of the "cough syrup casing" found in other inexpensive cherry blends. The result is a light cherry taste from a tobacco that won't leave a swamp in your heel and an inferno on your tongue. I recently smoked fully nine bowls of this in a single day and experienced negligable tongue-bite. Also a plus is an even and manageable burn that you can set your watch to. I found this one at a cigarette shop for less than the pack of Camels that I went in for. I'm glad that I took the time and the $2 to pop this cherry.