Super Value Cherry Cavendish is a bite-free blend of tobaccos with a sweet, zesty top note of cherry. Though a pungent Cherry aroma is present, it is mild to smoke and its fantastic room note of this blend is sure to garner compliments.

Notes: Dream Castle/Super Value pipe tobaccos are manufactured by Sutliff Tobacco Company.

BrandSuper Value
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
1.6
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

The cherry taste is decent, but slightly artificial. You get very little tobacco flavor here, out of some toast from the cavendish, a hint of sugar from the black cavendish, and a slight nuttiness from the burley. It takes forever to dry it out due to the high level of PG. Won't bite or get harsh. Moist, it burns slow and wet and leaves too much moisture and some goop. I suggest a bit of dry time first. Needs relights. Has no nicotine to speak of. The after taste is okay, and the room note is very pleasant.

mtitus83 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
mtitus83 (10)

The properties of this tobacco were very basic to me and not one property really stuck out which is not necessarily a bad thing either. Overall it was nice but I do not forsee me purchasing any more of this blend as I prefer something with a bit more body. I opted "Somewhat Recommend" because this may be enjoyable to others or someone looking for something neutral just starting out or as a cheap standby smoke.

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Omega (Briar)

Age When Smoked: 2 weeks out of bag

Purchased From: J&R Cigar; Selma NC, USA; www.jrcigars.com

whippersnapper Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
whippersnapper (6)
Overwhelming Extremely Mild Overwhelming Pleasant

I eyed this 1.5 oz pouch of baccy for quite awhile because I had never tried a cherry before. To spite my better judgement of buying anything with the brand name of "Super Value" I decided to go ahead an try it. The package note was VERY pleasant and even made my mouth water.

Upon opening, I immediately noticed that it was extremely wet. I stuffed a little in my bowl, { the wetness made that difficult to pack } and lit it up { well..... sorta } It was so moist that I couldn't even get it to burn. The little bit of taste I did get out of it was horrible. I'll not smoke it again. It now sits atop my dashboard over the heater vents where it makes for a nice air freshener.

DO NOT buy.

Old Puffer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Old Puffer (42)
Mild Very Mild Very Mild Unnoticeable

Fortunately, got this as a free sample from pipesandcigars. While I can't put down the tobaccos in this blend, it is drenched in glycol and WILL NOT DRY OUT. I tried to dry it for 3 solid days on a large cookie sheet and it never lost any of it's stickiness. It is super sticky goopy and makes me super glad that I don't inhale pipe tobacco smoke; but, because of this, I refuse to smoke it more than the once I used to formulate this review. Also, such additives to tobacco scare the daylights out of me health-wise.

Because if the stickiness, not sure if I packed it properly. However, it lit up OK and burned without much fuss. The Cherry flavor that was obvious from the pouch never came through in the smoking, either in the taste or the slipstream. BORING! Started getting gurgly after the half way mark and something wet and bitter came out of the pipe stem on to my tongue. That was enough for me and I gave up.

The only plus I can find for this blend is that it is mild, smokes cool and doesn't bite. Wish I could rate it a zero!

BigNick Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
BigNick (58)
Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

The smell is quite nice, very moist however. I thought the taste was alright. Not the best tobacco i have ever tasted, i found that if it is packed lightly the taste of the cherries and tobacco comes out more. If packed a little tighter, the cherry taste isn't really there. Its good on a budget, that's about it really.

(Addition), ok I've sparingly used this stuff since i bought it, which was 4 months ago,(about the same time i wrote the review). Then i just started back up, due to a lack of funds and i have actually used it to blend with other tobaccos, not good ones, just capt. black, white and gold. it makes a way more complex taste, i don't add that much at all, because if there is too much, it tastes even more horrible.

AmdisShikariBrone Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
AmdisShikariBrone (5)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

This was the first tobacco I ever smoked, I picked up a large bag with my original pipe and found it to be actually pretty good, the cherry flavour was in there but it wasnt too sweet and I didnt get the propylene glycol feeling yet im sure its in there. I also left part of it in a bag for almost a year and after aging I have to say it was even nicer than the original opening. with the first pipe as well as the last, I got nothing but complements for the scent it left on me and on the area I smoked in, a few lasses even told me that I should use a pipe in the morning instead of cologne.

Pipe Used: meerschaum; Wood

Age When Smoked: Out of bag, as well as 10 months later.

Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

This stuff comes very damp, and it never seems to dry out. It smells great, but has very little flavor and an ashy finish. It is incredibly inexpensive. Decent fodder for a corn cob.