This is an exceptionally mild, sweet and smooth vanilla flavoured tobacco with a hint of ripe fresh cherries

BrandGawith, Hoggarth & Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish

2.0
loosewatches Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
loosewatches (108)
Extremely Mild Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Extra Strong

Here's one I would never have bought, but got instead as a free sample. Cherry is not a good flavor for me. The addition of vanilla in this case didn't help. As far as cherry aros go it's better than most. The flavor is mild in extreme, unusual for a GH product. The room note is putrid.

Not the worst I've had by far, and I may finish the ounce before I die, but it's not likely.

Extremely Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

I must be getting my tobacco from the same place as loosewatches because I also received a sample of G&H Cherry & Vanilla with a recent order.... I smoked half a bowl then quickly sent the rest back.

thesmoggypipester Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
thesmoggypipester (24)
Very Mild Medium Medium to Full Very Pleasant

I love love LOVE this stuff, it was one of the first tobaccos i tried, and although quite a few tobaccos have come and gone in my rotation this one is always there. The aromas out of the pack are absolutely stunning, strong vanilla scent topped off with cherry, normally i hate anything artificially cherry flavoured, but this is the exception. very cool burning, long lasting enjoyment. My favourite of all aromatics, give it a go even just to say you have tried it. im sure you will not be dissapointed.

pipesmoker1979 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipesmoker1979 (4)

I love this tobacco and smoke about 50grams a week. i like the taste and the strengh and my girlfriend loves the smell. I would recomend this to both new pipe smokers and experianced pipe smokers. One excellent tobacco

Smoke_Ring Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note

Burn = 8;

After Taste = 8;

Raw Score = 48;

Rated Percentage = 80%;

Comment = Smooth, Mild, too much Cherry but no Vanilla Flavor, has a little After Taste.

Dr.sadik Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dr.sadik (100)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

dark moist black cavendish blend which is cased with a decent refined cherry and vanilla. although the blend was kinda sticky from the pouch however it gave me no problem as far as the packing and smoking goes. the strength is mild and the taste was considerably sweet which was to my liking. the room note is acceptable by many. it behaves well in the pipe and on the tounge as far as i am concerned and a nice pace of change for aromatic smokers.

Lukasaurus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Lukasaurus (9)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

For a long time, this was the only tobacco to touch my pipe. I know a few people are put off by the heavy topping, but to me its fantastic, what a great aromatic should smell like.

The room note is one of my favorite of any tobacco I've tried; light, sweet, aromatic and smooth. Clear notes of vanilla and cherry are apparent.

Tongue bite is minimal and I found this product to burn fairly evenly.

Perhaps seems an odd choice for my first 4 star rating but I cant deny loving it. It was the tobacco I learnt to properly smoke a pipe with ( I think everyone has one of those if theyre honest), perhaps that explains the attachment.

Great value for money, Cant reccomend enough if youre a fan of aromatics.

Northern Pipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Northern Pipe (5)
Very Mild Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This tobacco I find quite pleasant, but not much more. Like a lot of the G&H tobaccos I buy loose, I find it very moist, but not so much to cause trouble. The cherry and vanilla is very evident when smelling the tobacco, I find it smells delicious. When smoked there is only a suggestion of the flavouring on the palatte and otherwise the taste is fairly weak. I do however feel this is a decent tobacco and would recommend it to new smokers who perhaps don't want to dive in at the deep end with stronger tobaccos.

DEN-C1956 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DEN-C1956 (24)
Mild to Medium Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

this is a very nice tobacco....i saw it on the shelve at the newsagents....i thought....shall i?...yes i thought buy some....and its very nice...easy to smoke...and a nice aroma..i found myself having bowl after bowl of this tobacco..nice and sweet...even my neighbours made a comment,'what a nice aroma' they said last summer when i sat out in the sunshine with the pipe and this tobacco....and the smoke drifting in the air...im going to have some more of this very soon.excellent tobacco.

Camp Freddie Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Camp Freddie (10)
Very Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

A smooth, but ultimately bland smoke. It smells delicious to everyone else, but I can't pretend to be able to taste much once lit. Having said that, it's hard to dislike it, as it's so inoffensive. Use it as a beer garden blend, people nearby will thank you.

Steerpike Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steerpike (60)
Extremely Mild Very Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

When I was first smoking a pipe, after smoking a bit of clan, a friend told me to try this. I'm sure he meant well, but as he didnt actually smoke a pipe himself I should have known not to trust him.

Clan is an aromatic I enjoy, as it tastes of tobacco, and the vanilla and licorice simply complements this. But this has no taste of its own, except sweetness and tongue bite. The smell is pleasing enough, but I smoke for myself, not for an audience. It burns rather hot, bites, and tends to drip as it is so sticky.

I have since found some flavoured aromatics I can enjoy, but this one is very disappointing. Kids may want to eat it, I'm sure its less toxic than most other candy...

Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

call me a sucker! I am a fan of G&H et al, but this one did not do it for me. Everytime I was beginning to taste tobacco, the topping overpowered it. I'll stick to real cherries, thank you! Now where did I leave my tin of Bob's Chocolate Flake?

Rating 0 out of 5 points...

Skilling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Skilling (80)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

As the prior review stated, the smoke is very flat and uninteresting.

Vanilla & cherry coke in a pipe, although the soft drink may burn better.

Studentowl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Studentowl (8)
Extremely Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Though the smell of the tobacco when being packed is of a very strong cherry smell with a tiny hint of vaniler. The smoke its self is very flat and generaly uninteresting though does burn quite cool.

Shadowfax Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Shadowfax (4)
Mild Mild Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

For a cool outdoor smoke. Really if you are in cool outdoors with an urge for a nice mild smoke that does not upset your mood for a meal afterwards this is it. Especially for the cherry and vanilla lovers who are hoping for a mild aromatic smoke without suffering the tongue bite. Go ahead and take deep and quick puffs still it wont go strong on you but remains cool and mild.

Grizzly Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Grizzly (6)

On visiting a nearby town I called into a newsagents who I knew had a greater than average selection of OTC tobaccos. After deliberation I chose this blend as I was missing my favourite aromatic Connoisseurs Choice.

Must say I was pleasantly surprised upon opening the plastic wallet to be greeted by a lovely waft of Cherry and Vanilla, even the OH remarked upon it straightaway. Packs easily and I found that my pouch didnt need any drying out as some aromatics do. Now I am pretty rubbish at smelling tobacco as I smoke it but the OH said how pleasant the aroma was. I had to take her word for it until I smoked it indoors, went out of the room and then re-entered whereupon I could pick up the Cherry and Vanilla aroma.

I found that the smell did not carry through to the taste although occaisonally I thought I could detect some cherry sweetness coming through. Also if puffed hard this can bite although if you take it slow you wouldnt have any problems. No messy gloop at bottom of pipe either so all in all not a bad experience. It wont replace connoisseurs choice in my rotation and would possibly buy it again, however I do believe that there may be other aromatic tobaccos which are better.

adjman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
adjman (7)
Mild Very Mild Mild Very Pleasant

Firstly let me say I am very new to pipes and thought this would be a good starter. I have found it to be quite pleasant, but even after several smokes, and slowing down, it does still seem to have quite a lot of tongue bite. (yes I have broken my pipe in carefully using the rule of thirds ;) )

It does go out quite a lot, despite careful packing, but seems to have been a good choice none the less as it was very pleasant and gives me hope that as I explore more blends/brands I shall find even more pleasure to be gained from other, better tobacco.

Yogimu Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Yogimu (4)
Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

I think I've just remembered why I avoid tobaccos topped with fruity flavours! This should be an ice cream, not a tobacco.

Objectively: Burns slowly, tendency to bite or go out so it's hard to find the sweet spot where the smoke is cool and flavoursome, makes the room smell nice, left me feeling like I'd just dropped some hot ice cream in an ash tray then ate it by mistake.

If you like aromatics, you'll probably like this (hence somewhat recommended) but it's not for me. I'll be avoiding such nonsense from now on.

goldfinger63 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
goldfinger63 (13)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

when you open the pouch you are hit with a very strong pleasant smell of cherry and vanilla.very moist and real pain to light.reminds me of cherry coke.i find this blend is flat.the room aroma is strong.cherry is not for me.

jimmyblues Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
jimmyblues (3)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Smells beautiful out of the pouch, but doesnt smoke very well. I found this a real pain to light evenly, and to keep lit. Every so often you get lovely taste of the smooth cherry and vanilla, but more often than not it is just a flat and unpleasant smoke. Bites like a b!tch too. Sad, because there are the occasional notes of beauty from this, but not common enough to make it worth the effort.

Susanna Hoffs Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Susanna Hoffs (74)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Pleasant

Usually the starting point for any would be pipe smoker. Well, it was for me anyway..

Smells wonderful, and it is what it is, a relatively cheap and easy going pungent aromatic.

Comes with the stereotypical pitfalls of such a blend though, and that's ton's of moisture and goop/bitterness at the end of the smoke.

Not the worst though..

I usually mixed this with coffee caramel for a real bonanza of people pleasing..

Davies Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Davies (2)
Mild Medium Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This was the first tobacco a tobacconist recommended to me. I was fooled by the sweetness of the cherry and the hints of vanilla but was a little disappointed with the smoke. It was too cool for my liking and went out pretty quickly. In terms of aroma it was fairly pleasant but I wouldn't buy it again. I didn't like how sticky/moist the blend was or the heavy sweetness of it. It is a good blend for a beginner because it'll show him what sort of blend he'd really like.