Ribbon cut Virginia, mixed with two types of Black Cavendish and a touch of roasted Burley. Fresh sweet taste.

BrandOrlik Tobacco Company A/S
Blended ByOrlik/STG
Packaging50g Pouch, 50g Tin, 100g Tin
Mild, Medium
Puf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puf (10)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Rather heavily scented, when smoking this I often get remarks about the sweet, chocolate like odour it produces...base blend would be what other reviewers call "danish-style"....soft cool smoke with a faint sweetness. The flavouring is chocolate, with hints of caramel, in a mixture that is pleasant to my tastes; would not at all recommend this however if you are not into scented blends to begin with. Smokes and packs easily burning cool and steadily, but produces some moisture

Andya27 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Andya27 (9)

This one is a bit disappointing. It's just not all that much. Very little tobacco flavor. The Cavendish provides a pleasant aromatic flavor, but that's about it. There are many mild aromatics that are far superior to this, and it's basically collecting dust in the cellar.

Pipe Used: Various mm cobs

Age When Smoked: New in tin

Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I was recently gifted several tins of Orlik blends not available in the United States. Mellow Mix is one of them. It reminded me (particularly in the way it is cut), of the old Amphora blends. Lightly sweetened in a natural sort of way, this Orlik offering is one that I think will please fans of aromatics greatly, yet, not turn off those who normally smoke unsweetened blends.

Mellow Mix burns cool and clean with barely moist dottle. Due to its very low nicotine content, I had to work at puffing slowly to enjoy the flavor. I followed up with a bowl of Five Brothers to satisfy my nicotine craving.

TwelveAMnTX Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TwelveAMnTX (15)

Orlik Mellow Mixture is a confusing tobacco, mellow & very flavorful all in one very enjoyable smoke. The tobacco tin says it is a blend of mature and golden Virginia mixed with 2 types of Black Cavendishes rounded out with a toasted Burley.

The tin note is quite mellow, almost a sweet pastry like smell that is mouth watering. It is subtle at times but can also have an explosion of flavor in other puffs. I get a creamy taste of caramel, light chocolate & a fruity almost black cherry essence. The taste seems to change throughout yet maintains a mellow disposition if you keep to a slow sip.

The tobacco in the tin I have seems a little on the dry side yet still produces some moisture if smoked too fast. I first tried this blend a couple times in my MM Legend & did not fully appreciate the flavor until trying it in a briar.

A very good "Danish" style aromatic that's not too high in nicotine, but certainly an enjoyable smoke for someone who enjoys flavorful aromatics. It is now imported by STG/Lane & available in the US at several online retailers.

EDIT 9-17-15 : Upon further sampling & after stirring up the tin, I have noticed a difference in this tobacco. It is truly a Mellow Mixture if it is mixed well, I did not get the flavor explosions, just a more rounded flavor experience. I'm not sure if the black cherry flavor was accurate, I got more of a orange/lemon citrus-like taste mixed with a creamy caramel pastry flavor. It was much more enjoyable with the tobacco mixed up & less confusing of a smoke. Still as dry as it is when I rushed a bit I started to get some tongue bite, so keep the pace slow & mellow!

Pipe Used: Dr. Grabow Bent Billiard, MM Legend

Age When Smoked: fresh to few weeks old

Purchased From: freebie from local B & M

Cumarinophil Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cumarinophil (104)

While the Orlik Club Mixture has a casing barely noticeable, this Mellow version’s casing is just a bit more intense, but still mild within the Danish classic range, not per se an aromatic. The casing reminds me of vanilla shortbread or something, subtle, supportive and pleasant. Except that, both blends are pretty much the same. Low on nicotine, mild in feel if not pushed and at the same time quite tasty. Low maintenance makes the checklist for an all day smoke or neophyte recommendation complete. Really enjoyed it.

Too bad this one is hard to get outside of Denmark. Similar Offerings would be Stanwell Jubilee or Mac Baren Original Choice, maybe the Sweet Dublin line.

Ordered two tins from P&C based on the two previous reviews. I concur with all that has been said in those reviews. I picked up on the chocolate and what appeared to be a fruity, sort of pineapple taste. What I find very pleasing is that the aromatic component is not the typical Danish candy-like approach. This one was more subtle than that and I was able to taste tobacco flavor as well, albeit mild. It also had a smokey quality to the smoke that I enjoyed. It did not smoke hot nor was there any moisture issues. A solid smoke and I plan on adding a pinch to some of my favs from time to time which are more stronger in tobacco taste like G&W Brown Flake Scented; for that added chocolatey element. Very well done and priced nicely too!

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin meer lined briar