Ribbon cut Virginia, mixed with two types of Black
Cavendish and a touch of roasted Burley. Fresh sweet taste.

BrandOrlik Tobacco Company A/S
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Packaging50g Pouch, 50g Tin, 100g Tin
Strength
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Full
Puf Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Puf (10)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Rather heavily scented, when smoking this I often get remarks about the sweet, chocolate like odour it produces...base blend would be what other reviewers call "danish-style"....soft cool smoke with a faint sweetness. The flavouring is chocolate, with hints of caramel, in a mixture that is pleasant to my tastes; would not at all recommend this however if you are not into scented blends to begin with. Smokes and packs easily burning cool and steadily, but produces some moisture

Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I was recently gifted several tins of Orlik blends not available in the United States. Mellow Mix is one of them. It reminded me (particularly in the way it is cut), of the old Amphora blends. Lightly sweetened in a natural sort of way, this Orlik offering is one that I think will please fans of aromatics greatly, yet, not turn off those who normally smoke unsweetened blends.

Mellow Mix burns cool and clean with barely moist dottle. Due to its very low nicotine content, I had to work at puffing slowly to enjoy the flavor. I followed up with a bowl of Five Brothers to satisfy my nicotine craving.

Ordered two tins from P&C based on the two previous reviews. I concur with all that has been said in those reviews. I picked up on the chocolate and what appeared to be a fruity, sort of pineapple taste. What I find very pleasing is that the aromatic component is not the typical Danish candy-like approach. This one was more subtle than that and I was able to taste tobacco flavor as well, albeit mild. It also had a smokey quality to the smoke that I enjoyed. It did not smoke hot nor was there any moisture issues. A solid smoke and I plan on adding a pinch to some of my favs from time to time which are more stronger in tobacco taste like G&W Brown Flake Scented; for that added chocolatey element. Very well done and priced nicely too!

Pipe Used: Butz Choquin meer lined briar