A delightfully refreshing blend of Burley and Virginia with a touch of Latakia.

BrandClan Shaw
Taste
Taerin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Taerin (20)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

As the reviewer said before me, this blend has lots of sublety in the flavors, you really have to smoke it a lot to get a good feel for this blend. It is very easy to smoke, burns better than any blend I ever tried and has the smallest amount of bite of any tobacco I have ever tried. This is a very high quality tobacco that everyone should try at least once.

Sceny Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Sceny (66)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This was sent to me as a sample with an order of other tobacco, so I decided to try it with an open mind. It's described as a light, refreshing blend, and I would tend to agree. Certainly, it's much milder than the full English blends such as My Mixture 965 or Raven's Wing. It smells nice, in a standard tobacco way, and there's a hint of sweetness there. A mix of medium brown tobaccos cut fairly short, it packs and lights easily. For the first 1/3 of the bowl, I can taste a light sweetness mixed with a nuttiness that has to be from the burley. I don't really sense the Latakia much, but maybe I'm too used to heavier mixes. The second and last thirds are very similar to each other. The flavor becomes more complex and nutty, though it's still refreshing and light, and there's still a hint of sweetness. It burns clean and dry right to the bottom, needing an average number of relights. While light and refreshing, there is subtlety here, with a complex flavor that needs to be smoked slowly to be appreciated. I could easily go through several pipes of this without knowing it, as it is totally bite-free. I'd recommend this to anyone wanting a break from full English blends, or just someone who wants a nice, light, all-day mix made with quality tobacco.