A blend of light Virginia, light burley and mild black cavendish.

Notes: Due to the new EU laws, this is now called Special Dublin Light.

BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Blended ByOrlik Tobacco Company A S
Manufactured ByScandinavian Tobacco Group
Packaging40 grams pouch
Strength
Taste
2.0
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Sweet Dublin - Light/White.

This is one of those blends where I find myself enjoying it at first but then I become a bit bored with it. I don't think it's horrible, but neither do I think it's something great.

The mixture inside the pouch scores an immediate thumbs-up concerning the moisture: impeccable! The contents appear to be mainly Burley and Virginia; it's prominently a medium brown in colour with the Black Cavendish looking to have been added very sporadically. The nose from the pouch isn't 'strongly' aromatic; the whiskey is easy to smell but it's not very heavy.

Firstly, as I said, I enjoy it for the initial part of the smoke; I like the weight of the added flavour as it gives a gentle whisky note, but it's not too alcoholic tasting. Aside from the whisky flavour, I like the taste of the tobacco's; they're of a nice balance, with only a little sweetness as there's not a tank load of Black Cav' in there. The hierarchy of the tobacco's run as so on my palate: Burley first, Virginia second, and Black Cav' last. To me, the nicotine's quite mild with it having to be strained to become anywhere near medium.

Sweet Dublin Light is quite a decent enough blend, but it becomes a touch laborious after awhile to me.

Two Stars.