A mild, satisfying blend of quality tobaccos.

BrandSmoker's Pride
Blended ByLane Limited
ContentsBurley, Cavendish
Strength
Taste
1.9
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I have smoked exactly one pouch this and would probably not buy it again unless it were the only option. It is very dry in the pouch, and smells of a mild tobacco. I don't discern any particular "note" in the pouch.

Smoked , it tasted like a slightly milder Prince Albert. There is a temptation to puff too fast to try to get more flavor out, and it goes from an "ok smoke" to really hot quickly.

This one falls in the "better than nothing" category for me. I can smoke it, but there are OTC blends I like more

Very Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Age won't help this blend much, but a few years worth of it is better than nothing. It's just a flat, harsh and bitey mixture when dried. Smoking it moist only gooks up your bowl, and maybe it's not quite as harsh then. If you have it around, mix it with something else: perique or latakia or both. I know people buy it because it's cheap (including your truly some years back), but there are other cheap blends that are better, so don't let the price talk you into buying it. Possibly my least favorite of the SP line.

pipemakingfool Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pipemakingfool (2)
Mild Mild Mild Tolerable

For a cheap tobacco this is very pleasant and served nicely as a change from the English blends I tend to smoke. I must recommend that instead of purchasing this and smoking it right away,cellar it for at least a month before dipping into it and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at what this turns into.

Roddy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Roddy (41)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

While this tobacco is very plain it isn't nearly as bad as one would have guessed. Add some Latakia to it and you have a pretty good smoke.

The bag I bought was much drier than I expected. Most of these bagged tobaccos are covered in something to keep them from drying out. Maybe this bag was on the shelf for a couple of years? At any rate I found it to be quite pleasant even on it's own.

Believe me when I say you could do a lot worse.

Harpua0077 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Harpua0077 (31)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Mild Tolerable

I know, I know why not recommended it is cheap to get 3.49$ However even at 3.49 I rather get the whiskey flavor. The natural burnt hot and the room note was tolerable at best. It didn't burn well in any pipe I have which is about 12 pipes. I'll be making some soon though. Lets see ontop of the burning issues it doesn't like to stay lit, it leaves quite a bit of dottle. It just wasn't an enjoyment to me. My personal notes give this a 2.1 for uninteresting.

Extremely Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Unnoticeable

No body, no taste, no room note for the smoker (not much for the non-smoker either). Nice price; if you got some enjoyment out of smoking hot air as it is less than $12 per pound bag. Sorry to say, but I can't even recommend this to a new smoker. Since it doesn't even meet you half way, I'm afraid it would turn a newbie off from pipe smoking as they mutter, "What's the point?"

Dan, Cordoba Man Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dan, Cordoba Man (9)
Very Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

Well, good for mixing. Cheap. Good in a Cob. That's about it. Burns better than the corner store brands, but tastes less. It's a toss between the two if I'm outta the good stuff.

Papillon6 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Papillon6 (17)
Medium Medium Overwhelming Tolerable

Ok, if anyone takes pride in smoking this one your taste buds are no longer active. I bought a large bad of this stuff thinking it would be ok compared to their Vanilla blend which I quite like but this tastes like bitter fermented wood chips. Don't know if the bad was old or what but I ended up using it as kindling for a camp fire, I'm not joking. It was the worst $10 i've ever spent. It's natural in taste but seems bitter as heck to me. Sorry to disappoint but this stuff tastes and smells as cheap as it is. It must be discarded old tobacco they kept in a barn with cow manure. It smells like urine out of the bag, sorry to be so negative about it but it really ruined my day off...yuck!

briarbeater Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
briarbeater (1)
Extremely Mild None Detected Very Mild Pleasant

This an extremely neutral blend. I too feel it is mostly burly. I smoke this stuff two ways... straight in a cob, while working, or mixed with a strong burley blend to dilute the casings I am always promised are not present.... a little "Hair of the dog", without the teeth! This is Prince Albert before the royal promotion. My wife enjoys the aroma, and can't tell the difference between this and the Prince.

Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

For a time, some of the blends in the Smokers' Pride range were readily available in Mexico City. Regular was perhaps the best of the lot. Slightly dry and stale in flavor, it nevertheless delivered a passable tobacco smokiness (Burley). The added Cavendish (Burley again) makes it, in my opinion, richer than either SWR or PA, but it should be smoked slowly because it can bite. A very simple, undistinguished smoke, good enough to move about when nothing else is available.

Dougster Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dougster (31)
Mild None Detected Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

Well, its tobacco, and its cheap.

More of a natural cavendish, if such a thing makes sense. It isn't bitey, doesn't have a burley type flavor, isn't really sweet, doesn't really stand out one way or the other.

I got a huge bag of this stuff about a year ago and I've used it in blends of my own devising, and have smoked it on its own now and again. Its another of those no-brainer smokes good for mindless puffing. As others have said, its good in a cob.

A classic two-star. Its not disagreeable, but its pretty mundane.

Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

This is an incredibly inexpensive blend that makes a decent corn cob blend. Take it fishing, rake the yard, work on the car, etc. It can have an ashy finish, but what do you want for the money?

EconoPipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
EconoPipe (15)
Very Mild None Detected Mild Pleasant

Another winner from Smoker?s Pride. Not only does it taste great, smell great and smoke great it?s cheap too! Definitely one of the better budget tobaccos out there. This tastes like straight tobacco with no flavoring or casing added. It is very mild and similar but not as good as Prince Albert or John Rolfe. It smokes cool, does not leave any goop in the pipe, does not bite at all and even has a pleasing aroma. It smells a lot like Price Albert but not as strong. If there was a down side to this tobacco it would be it?s strength. It just is a little milder than I like. I like Price Albert a little more in that respect. But none the less, this will be a staple in my rotation, as I am sure I will never tire of the straight tobacco taste of this blend. I am starting to like the Smoker?s Pride Blends as so far the only one I did not like at all is the Cherry and I might even give that another try as tastes do change.

Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I grabbed a pouch of this about a month ago while on a business trip out of town. I had run out of the good stuff and found this in a 7-11 type store just off the highway. I was initally too embarrassed to admit I smoked a few bowls, but since WNDE has fessed up to smokin' this tobacco, I guess I will too.

Indeed this Burley tobacco is cube cut in very similar fashion to Sir Walter. It is milder in taste and does not get quite as bitter as you travel down the bowl.

This stuff will never enter my top-10 (or, top 100), but it was interesting. Okay, I feel better now. Confession is good for the soul.

WNDE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WNDE (69)
Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

This blend is about as simple as it gets. No frills, no thrills, just plain old tobacco. The taste and aroma remind me of Sir Walter Raleigh Regular, although I think I like this a little better. It appears to be another predominantly Burley blend. It smokes well and doesn?t offend but it just doesn?t stimulate either. This would be good to use to mix into stronger blends that you want to cut the taste of.