A bright-red Virginia with a good amount of Cyprian Latakia blended with a mixture of Turkish, fire cured Virginia and Perique. Good later in the day and evening smoke.

BrandThe Smoker
Blended ByMel Feldman
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Perique, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Medium, Medium to Full, Full
Tolerable to Strong
Medium None Detected Medium Tolerable to Strong

I have always appreciated the strength (backbone) of Mel Feldman's blends and while Easy Chair sounds laid back enough, it is actually another fairly stout Smoker blend.

One of the previous reviewers indicated his tongue failed to find any Perique. Perhaps Mel forgot to slip some into a batch or two, but it sure found its way into my tin. Traditional English with some power and a little pepper from the Perique pretty much sums up Easy Chair.

My tin was about five years old and I am not sure whether this blend is even produced by Mr. Feldman anymore due to the Cyprian Latakia shortage.

pmonroeb Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pmonroeb (92)
Medium to Strong None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

My favorite amongst The Smoker blends I tried in my sampler. A very good latakia blend that has a complex flavor, not overwelmed by the latakia. The flavor starts out more smoothly than many latakia blends and builds nicely to the bottom. Several of The Smoker blends I tried had that aromatic sweetness like Frogmorton, but that is missing here, just a straight English mixture.

This one will not be a regular for me, but I will keep some around for a change of pace.

calabashsmoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
calabashsmoke (12)
Medium to Strong None Detected Full Tolerable

This is a medium to full strength English blend. The description of the blend includes Virginia, Turkish, Latakia and Perique. If there is Perique present I failed to detect it so please do not be put off by this description if you dislike Perique. My overall impression is that the Virginia, Latakia and Turkish produce a very smooth, sweet smoke that burns fairly consistent to the bottom of the bowl. The mixture picked up in strength slightly towards the end however this was not enough to make the tobacco bite. A well balanced English blend that won't send you reeling from an overdose of Latakia.