A traditional English blend, royal and noble. The tobaccos are a wonderfully balanced blend of typical English types. Vintage English offers the taste and aroma you daydream about when you're stuck in the office.

BrandFinck's Cigar Company
Blended ByPeter Stokkebye
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia, Latakia
Strength
Taste
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Full
2.7
Thatcher Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Thatcher (58)

This appears to be Peter Stokkebye?s bulk blend ?English Luxury,? relabeled by Finck?s. A nice English blend that could almost serve as a low-cost bulk alternative to Margate or similar blends.

WNDE Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
WNDE (69)

I found this to be a bit of a disappointment. I?ve smoked much better from Finck. The quality of the tobacco in my pouch was rather poor, it was brittle and had too many stems. The taste was of an average English blend. The ingredients do balance out rather well; the Latakia isn?t very strong but noticeable. It has a mild smokiness and a hint of sweetness. It tasted alright but just didn?t excite me in any way. There was absolutely nothing remarkable about this blend in any way.

Elcid Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Elcid (16)

I've tried a few of Fincks' other English blends, with decidedly mixed results (either loaded with PG or just bland) but Vintage English is the exception.

The mixture is quite dark, with only a few lighter leaves visible. Packs fine and burns quite cool. The latakia is prominent, but balanced by the other ingredients. It has a complexity that seems to stay with it until almost to the bottom of the bowl. A smokey/peaty kind of thing, with a bit of tang. I was just . . . surprised. It has replaced Margate in my rotation. I'm not an all-day smoker, but I imagine VE would well serve as an all-day mixture.

It's possible/likely that VE is something else relabeled with the Fincks name, but I'm darned if I can figure out what. Recommended.