This aromatic mixture is rich, buttery, has a fantastic room aroma, subtly sweet and full of real tobacco flavor. It is also one of the most complex aromatic tobaccos you'll ever taste. I can't tell you exactly what is in it. I have my secrets? Only 3 people in the world know! I can say that there are a11 different tobaccos in Nevada '64. This stuff belongs in a tin but do you really want to pay 9 bucks for it??? Why the name you ask? Simple? I finished the blend on Nevada Day when we became a State in 1864.

BrandVegasSmokes
Blended ByFreddy Vegas
ContentsBurley, Virginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Taste
Rodricus Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Rodricus (22)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

I smoke the last remaining of this wonderful blend, which is practically imposible to get these days.

Nevada 64 is a well balanced aromatic tobacco. Not overwhelmly cased, not a sugary experience, with a subtle nicotine kick. The unlit smell is very nice and nutty. Some vainilla and wood notes are perceived. It is all too ready rubbed, so this can tend to smoke hot if one get too carried away. But if you find a confortable pace little juices will form and no tonue bite will emerge.

For the price, this was a very good deal. Lets hope Freddy overcome his business losses and produce it again.

flaminbill' Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
flaminbill' (57)

This is one of the few aromatics that I smoke with any regularity -- mostly because I purchased three pounds of it.

It is loaded with PGL so sometimes moisture level is a pain. It does not bite at all and has a pleasant taste.

I tried to use this as a blender, but it seems like adding a small amount to any blend makes the Nevada 64 the dominate taste.

I would recommend this to aromatic users, but I won't be looking very hard for anymore Nevada 64 when my stash is gone.

traveler Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
traveler (40)
Medium Very Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

First of all this isn't a flake, it's a ribbon cut.. and I can taste a goodly portion of burley in here, not just cavendish.

That said, this is a very good smoke, one that you can really get your mouth around. It IS slightly salty. A round, full-tasting burley blend. Nothing fancy but solid and satisfying.

Reminds me of eating a good, cold roast beef sandwich piled high with sliced beef and not a lot of condiments to detract from the genuine flavor.

Ignore the description and try this one.

Daniel Morlan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Daniel Morlan (50)
Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Freddy Vegas gave me a sample of this stuff, and it is quite good. Very, VERY good. It is an aromatic, but it smokes cooler than most, DOES NOT GOOP, and well... On with the flavor:

There's a faint salty-sweet, creamy taste to this blend that I can only describe as being kind of like butter and butterscotch. It has a slight hint of nuttiness, and the flavor is very, very good throughout the entire bowl. (The last 20 or so puffs, like ALL tobaccos, gets a little harsh, but I still attribute that to my lack of expertise.)

Whenever I can buy a pound of this, I will put it in a canister, and enjoy it for a long time to come. This is one of my favorite non-goopy, non-lakeland aromatics. In fact, I'd venture to say that I like this one above all other "Captain Black" styles... My second choice in this respect is one called "Sweet Savannah" from McCranies, but that's another story, and another review.

For all you pipesters out there who like a good aromatic, DEFINITELY try this one.

DJM

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Nevada64 is a dark blend. It packs well and has a nice bag aroma. Lights easily and burns well.

The flavor is chocolate, with a hint of creaminess. Unfortunately, there is some kind of an 'edge' in there that detracts from what could be a very good blend.

It tastes similar to Brown's Extra, but is inferior to it. Maybe with age it will improve. If so, I will update my review.

Don't get me wrong - this isn't bad tobacco, it's just that this same blender has better offerings.

UPDATE: I feel obligated to update this review. My opinions of the tobacco remain unchanged, but there seems to be some problem with the retailer. This blend is only available at vegassmokes.com People on message boards have been complaining of orders unfilled after long periods of time, and no answer to emails or phone calls. I experienced these problems as well, but it seems to be getting worse.

Also note - the tobacco did not improve with a few months aging. I had high hopes, but it was just not meant to be.