This unusual aromatic and earthy blend of the finest tobaccos available offers both smokiness and rich flavor with a pleasant smoothness. Now improved with greater smoothness, better flavor and a hint of Black Raspberry! Blended with smoke ring makers in mind, this blend is both smokey and gentle as a room aroma. The flavor is entirely unique and pleasant to all. Packed well and smoked in a thick walled pipe will give opportunity to get the fires going hot enough to make great clouds of smoke and rings to your hearts content.

Notes: Previously sold as "Middle Earth Blend"

BrandThePipeRoom.com
ContentsBlack Cavendish
FlavoringRaspberry
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste
Mild, Medium
Smokey45 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Smokey45 (16)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I can remember purchasing this blend from piperoom.com (who is, very sadly, now out of business) right as the "Lord of the Rings" movies were coming out. As noted, it was called "Middle Earth Blend" back then, but due to some oddball copyright laws or some such nonsense, they had to change the name to "King Arthur Blend."

I have loved everything about this pipe tobacco. The aroma right out of the bag, the wonderful billows of aromatic smoke upon the first puff, and the overall satisfyingly relaxing smoke that it is. Now, I happen to be a pipe smoker who loves a good English blend, and I can never get enough Latakia. So, with that in mind, I for one cannot understand some of the snobbery out there against a good, solid, tasty, aromatic such as this. I love a good single malt scotch like Laphroaig, but I also enjoy a nice cold glass of lemonade on a hot summer day! Everything in it's place, right?

I bought a pound of this blend from piperoom.com a little over a year ago, and cellared it. I'm glad I did, because now, there is no longer any to be had. Frankly, I think piperoom.com might have made a few changes to the blend when they changed its name, as I recall it being tastier when it was MEB. However, if you can still find some out there, NAB IT! My wife loves the smell of it, as do all around me when I light up a bowl of this rich, earthy, sweet rasberry tasting tobacco! I have several pipe smoking relatives, and they love this blend as well.

I will miss piperoom.com, they had some amazing house blends!

DoctorThoss Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DoctorThoss (146)
Very Mild Strong Medium Pleasant

This is an overly moist aromatic that smokes hot and will bite if you aren't careful. What saves this blend is that it has a VERY interesting flavor profile and a wonderful room note. It really does taste somewhat like berries, and if you try hard enough you might actually catch a whiff of tobacco flavor somewhere, too. I bought four ounces of this stuff and put it in jars, but I don't plan on buying any more of it once it's gone. For those who really like strong aromatics, however, this might be a keeper.

Glorfindel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Glorfindel (80)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

King Arthur Blend:

The piperoom has a winner here. It's not their most popular blend by accident.

Yes, it is a fruity aromatic as it claims to be and lives up to it's calling. The vanilla and raspberry come through but not in an overbearing way. The cavendish makes for a nice cool, even smoke that have I haven't been able to make bite yet.

There is a mild tobacco taste if you look for it and desire that aspect, but again, its billed as a fruity aromatic and it simply is that.

80% aromatic aroma, 20% tobacco taste.

Dry this one quite a bit before smoking. The high moisture content can make this one burn a little hot and wet at first upon arrival. However, it was still a pleasant experience even before I figured out it needed drying.

Again, never a bite and every one of my non-smoking friends rave about the room aroma - they love it and so do I. Clear raspberry notes with vanilla backing it up.

Wonderful, another of my regulars!

Perhaps this blend has changed in more ways than just its name. I tried a couple of bowls a year or so ago and found it to be an extremely sweet tasting and bitey blend. Not long ago, I ordered a batch for a friend up in Canada and likewise got a small pouch for myself figuring I'd give it another go. I'm glad I did. It was much better and will be a bell ringer for the aromatic lovers among us. As a very rare change of pace, I'd smoke this one again.

Middle Earth/King Arthur is a mild aromatic with no nicotine punch. It has a light taste that certainly does remind me of black raspberries. If you try hard, you'll also taste the tobacco.

Kerdy Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kerdy (43)

What can I say that hasnt been said about this tobacco already? It is a wonderful aromatic blend that I find would be a great regular smoke. I only ordered a small amount of this and try to save it for when I have the time to really enjoy smoking so that I dont waist any of the experience. Nice amount of creamy puffs of smoke come with this, but not too much (like that could happen). Even if you are not a regular aromatic smoker, give this one a try. If you dont like it, send the rest my way.