The remarkable Dane with the unique vanilla aroma. Bright and mild Virginia Tobaccos blended with our super mild Black Cavendish create a mixture of outstanding quality. Our smooth vanilla flavor adds extra character and a perfect balanced taste and room note.

BrandAlsbo
Strength
Taste
2.7
Medium Medium to Strong Medium Pleasant

The vanilla flavor is pretty decent with no chemical taste. I did notice an alcohol topping of some kind, but it didn't detract from the flavor. I also got a hint or two of the taste of the tobacco itself, something not always evident in blends of this genre. It needs to be puffed slowly or you'll risk a little tongue bite. Not really an all day smoke unless you're heavy into vanilla flavoring, but it's pleasant enough for a dessert smoke.

Medium Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Alsbo Vanilla. The unlit aroma of this is superb , it reminds me of a traditional old fashioned sweet shop ! The mix is mainly medium brown in colour with a few jet black pieces thrown in for some character . It lights up with superb ease and once lit you will realise that this is quite special ! The taste I can only describe as "soft" , The actual smoke is not overly thick nor is it too faint in construction , it is just satisfying in build and the flavour is brilliant , all the way you get a perfect full Cavendish taste with an excellent Vanilla/Cream topping which does not become too sickly nor gloopy .Tongue bite does not occur unless I strain the hell out of it and even then it's quite minor when it does happen (which is rare) . If I choose to inhale this sensual smoke it goes down with great ease and a good Vitamin N amount (for me) , Nicotine is about that of Mac Baren Vanilla flake , which I found to be great . At the end of the bowl I find a pleasant lingering aftertaste of Vanilla which is a nice bonus ! From my point of view , if you enjoy a Vanilla aromatic then you wont go wrong with this !

Pipe Used: Comoys

Purchased From: Smoke King

zenpipe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
zenpipe (3)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Bought this in a smallish town in Latvia. I don't know how old the pouch was, but the tobacco felt a bit dry. I'm getting more of a cherry aroma than vanilla, along with the tobacco flavor. Maybe because it was "aged" in the store where I bought it? Quite nice room note, I'm getting more vanilla here than in the flavor. Tin note is sweet and has a very nice vanilla note. Flavorwise, I'm getting wood and smoke, along with hints of milk chocolate. I haven't experienced any tongue bite or such.

Javierchu_cai Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Javierchu_cai (6)
Mild Very Strong Full Pleasant

Artificial flavor, bites and burns very hot with high humidity.

Very bland, has in its favor as it has very good room note.

Hans Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hans (1)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Medium to Full Tolerable

I'm a new one in the Pipe-smoking scene and somebody said I had to taste a Vanilla tobacco because he really loved the smell of it. Then it always comes down to choosing the right tobacco. This particular tobacco had a nice room-aroma, the retailer told me. Unfortunately my friends didn't really notice any good aroma. Also the taste was pretty strong, with really almost no scent of vanilla in it. Further probably due to the black Cavendish in it, it was a pretty strong tobacco, but no specific vanilla one unfortunately. Really am going to try some oter vanilla ones, but let this one pass-by. So on the room-note: it wasn't a strong room-aroma, but it wasn't a pleasant one.

Tomo1978 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tomo1978 (1)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium to Full Very Pleasant

Im a beginner and was searching for aromatic tobacco suitable for my needs for some time now. After Mac Barren Vanilla and Borkum Riff Whiskey Bourbon this one is by now the best for me. Recommended for aromatic lovers. No tongue bite , really pleasent for smoking.

Pipe Used: Lorenzo

Plihopliheri Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Plihopliheri (8)
Mild Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

Back when I still smoked flavored blends, this was my favorite Vanilla flavored tobacco. I liked the aroma, but it burned a bit hot at times. Then, it came in tins, and once opened, the tobacco dried out rather quickly.

Edit: I found my old tin, and now I wonder: Have I reviewed another brand here? The tin says: "Aalsbo Mixture / Mild Tobak / Vanilla", and it is "manufactured and packed by Peter Stokkebye, Denmark". I could not find any trace of this online. Was it an earlier, now out of production Vanilla blend by PS?

Pipe Used: Georg Jensen

Alvis Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Alvis (8)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

My very first pipe tobacco. I immediately liked the smell as I opened the pouch.

It has a very nice natural tobacco and vanilla taste and some whiskey undertones. The room note is pleasant and is as a pipe tobacco should be. I recommend this blend as a cost effective tobacco. I had not issues with the burning of this blend, tongue bite or gunk in the bowl. Unlike the Also Black which I found did seem to burn a little hot and did get wet towards the end.

?pe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
?pe (41)
Very Mild Strong Mild Pleasant

I don't often smoke aromatics, although I tend to have an aromatic open when I'm trying to be sensitive to the sensibilities of those near me.

Alsbo vanilla looks like a cheap and nasty pouch aromatic and I expected it to bite and taste of chemicals (sure, Vanillin is a chemical, but I hope you know what I mean).

My prejudice was unfounded and I was quite impressed with this pouch tobacco. There's nothing complicated about this smoke, It's just a lovely soft vanilla from start to finish. It didn't bite and it wasn't gloopy, although I suppose if one puffed too hard or too fast this could change.

I keep some handy to throw into other aromatics that I'm not so keen on.

MFERLINI Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
MFERLINI (1)
Mild to Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

Good "morning" tobacco... for starting good the day!

TImothyRuin Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TImothyRuin (2)
Mild to Medium Strong Very Full Overwhelming

This is the tobacco I wanna smoke when there is good looking chikcs around, who understands after a good man!! For me arome is pleasant, and roomnote is mind melting.

Ofcourse there is a lot of syrup, but good blend, with small bite.

and tin aroma is candy-a-like!!

paulwfromtheden Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
paulwfromtheden (14)

Not bad. There is a pleasant taste and arome, but on the downside it a) Smokes very hot b) Smokes very wet c) Has a reasonably strong tonge bite. Not the worst aromatic in the world, but not the best either. It will be some time before I try it again.

emmacaru Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
emmacaru (2)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

This tobacco was my first try. After this I tried some others. This is very mild and it gives you couple of tongue bites. Maybe because I was a bit inexperienced smoker. When I went to other brands I did not have the same effect. I went to try Alsho again and I had the same tongue bites.

In my opinion this is very mild that as a result you try to smoke it a bit faster and therefore that is why you get the tongue bites.

Taste is mild. Even if you smoke it slowly and try to let the smoke out of your nose, the taste will be mild.

Room note is pleasant to tolerable.

Good point with this tobacco is that I usually smoke it in the eve before going to bed. Since it is not strong it does not leave too much smoke smell on your face skin, clothes on mouth. Good if you have a nagging wife or girlfriend !!

Gran Grifón Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gran Grifón (9)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

If you got a leather tongue, this is your tobacco. It´s a good begginers choice to notice what is a tongue bit, but also a full pleasure taste. If you can smoke this, you can smoke everything. It´s one of the few tobaccos that really tastes vanilla, maybe because the satured flavoring. Just say: A cheap and easy burning blend but a little wet smoking.

joseph Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
joseph (46)
Mild to Medium Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

Fairly good aromatic; there is certain a number of better vanilla tobacco's available, therefore I was in doubt if I would rate it 2 or 3 stars.

ROMMER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ROMMER (17)
Mild Mild Medium Very Pleasant

Yes I have to agree with my other 4 star buddy here, a cracking baccy. A mild and pleasant aromatic that will leave the pipe well flavoured and ready for another bowl of the same. All you mild baccy lovers need to take your hats off at this one.

Steerpike Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Steerpike (60)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

Just like the other Alsbo aromatics I've tried, the tobacco is smooth and extremely mild, and its dosed with a really generous helping of syrup- in this case vanilla. Seriously, people at the other end of the street will be turning around and sniffing...

For some reason the vanilla flavour gives this blend a little more body than the other Alsbo tobaccos, slightl more full, I find it a bit more satisfying. Again, it will take a few bowlfuls before the flavour has built up enough to taste of vanilla all the way to the end, and it is a very leasant smoke, as mild aromatics go. Does what it says on the tin.

uponthehill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
uponthehill (8)
Mild Medium Medium to Full Pleasant

Good taste, nice scent, burns properly. Simply a good tobacco.