Virginia/Perique mixtures are among the simplest, oldest and most enduring blends. And for good reason: the sweet, warm, full and even sharp earthiness of Virginia is balanced by the cool, slightly sour, complex and wine-like quality of Perique. We set out to realize the full potential of this classic mixture, using as a base the top available grade of American Virginia from Virginia itself, together with a generous measure of the original Louisiana Perique from the last remaining farm in the world. The proportions were chosen for the best balance. The result is a tobacco that discloses surprising complexity, a full, soft mouth, and has a pleasant natural tobacco aroma. It can be smoked all day with relish, but without burning the tongue, and yields a clean white ash. A sweetheart of a tobacco.

BrandStone Pine Tobacco Company
Blend TypeVirginia/Perique
ContentsPerique, Virginia
PackagingGlass Jar
Voxslain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Voxslain (1)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable

At first, it seems rather mild and just a hint of unique flavoring, but as it burns, things change. You start to notice a sort of fruit, perfume flavor as well as a nice, sweet, almost brightness from the Virginia. I expected very little bit, which there was not much, but there was a, peppering, sort of thing. I felt it in the back, on the soft palette, in my nose after retrohaling, and on my gums. That is why I put "medium to full" on the taste. The pepper or spice almost takes over. I even felt a bit on my face. I enjoyed smoking it and would smoke it again.