Virginia/Perique mixtures are among the simplest,
oldest and most enduring blends. And for good
reason: the sweet, warm, full and even sharp
earthiness of Virginia is balanced by the cool,
slightly sour, complex and wine-like quality of
Perique. We set out to realize the full potential
of this classic mixture, using as a base the top
available grade of American Virginia from Virginia itself, together with a generous measure of the original Louisiana Perique from the last remaining farm in the world. The proportions were chosen for the best balance. The result is a tobacco that discloses surprising complexity, a full, soft mouth, and has a pleasant natural tobacco aroma. It can be smoked all day with relish, but without burning the tongue, and yields a clean white ash. A sweetheart of a tobacco.

BrandStone Pine Tobacco Company
ContentsVirginia, Perique
PackagingGlass Jar
Strength
Taste
Voxslain Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Voxslain (1)
Mild to Medium None Detected Medium to Full Tolerable

At first, it seems rather mild and just a hint of unique flavoring, but as it burns, things change. You start to notice a sort of fruit, perfume flavor as well as a nice, sweet, almost brightness from the Virginia. I expected very little bit, which there was not much, but there was a, peppering, sort of thing. I felt it in the back, on the soft palette, in my nose after retrohaling, and on my gums. That is why I put "medium to full" on the taste. The pepper or spice almost takes over. I even felt a bit on my face. I enjoyed smoking it and would smoke it again.