Only Tobacco is an entirely new blend. Sugar, water and selected Virginia tobaccos form the basis - mixed with Burley and a spicy touch of Orient tobacco. The play of colours is dominated by loose-cut golden Virginia tobacco and brown burley cuttings. The room-note is gentle, with a soft tobacco sweetness. Only Tobacco is designed for the experienced pipe smoker.

BrandMac Baren
Blended ByMac Baren
Blend TypeVirginia Based
ContentsBurley, Oriental/Turkish, Virginia
FlavoringSweet / Sugar
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Extremely Mild
Extremely Mild
Taste
Extremely Mild (Flat), Mild
Pleasant, Tolerable
1.2
dilan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
dilan (1)
Medium Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Tolerable

A tasty Aromatic. Some real tobacco punch. Unfortunately is prone to bite as well. I will probably try a little home-brew blending to reduce the nipping. Not heavily cased and has some real tobacco flavor underneath the sweetness. Not as smooth and rich as Golden Extra however.

Age When Smoked: 32

Purchased From: http://www.cigarettesworld.com/

DrDyson Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DrDyson (113)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Tolerable

Awful. Worse than awful. It has no taste, no body and no character. There's very little difference between smoking this and not smoking at all: it's a tobacco that gives you all the health hazards of smoking and none of the pleasures.

My dad used to say that smoking cigarettes with filter tips is like washing your feet with your socks on. I thought of this as I tried to detect any tobacco-like characteristics in my bowlful of Only Tobacco. If you puff hard – as you instinctively will, to try to extract something from it – it's as hot as hell. It burns quickly, so the experience is soon over. That's the only positive thing I can think of to say.

I can't think of a single reason for recommending this dreadful substance. A waste of money, in my view. I wish it were possible to give no stars, or a negative score,

Peppino Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Peppino (74)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

Well this hasn't got rave reviews and I guess I'll be the the 1st to say it's not terrible it's a semi-sweet virginia with what I detect is a slight berry taste at the light. It never really gets going in the flavor catagory. It never really starts to purr like a good virginia. Smokes dry and a clean ash but a very simple tobacco. I smoked the sample in 3 different pipes with the same results. Wouldn't rush out to celler any but not a bad tobacco but I don't see it getting much of a following IMHO.

Extremely Mild Very Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

Only Tobacco is only for people with no taste buds - there just ain't nuthin' there to taste.

Hot flavored air in your pipe anyone?

Philo Beddoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Philo Beddoe (140)
Very Mild None Detected Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

My local tobacconist gave me a free pouch of this to try. I want my money back! An absence of flavor and totally without any dishtinguishable traits. This is what I think a crushed cigarette would taste like in a pipe. I wonder why it was free?

Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Am I the only one to detect a mint flavour into this product? It seems so, but it's really the only thing I could taste in this otherwise completely dull tobacco. Pass this by without regrets.

Hermit 78 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hermit 78 (33)
Overwhelming Extremely Mild Overwhelming Tolerable

Wow. Maybe I got a bad pouch of this stuff, but I had a totally different experience with Only Tobacco than any of the other people whose reviews I've read. I found the tin aroma to be quite pleasant, but upon smoking Only Tobacco I wanted to retch. The smoke tasted like a gasoline-fueled brush fire. My mouth and nose burned, and my eyes watered. I tried drying it out a little, and noticed absolutely no improvement. I'm a regular smoker of MacBaren products, and this was by far the strongest and the worst blend I've ever tasted. Upon reading these other reviews, I'm half tempted to pick up another pouch just to see if it still tastes the same, but I honestly don't want to take the chance. I think I'll spend my $13.50 on a bag of lawn fertilizer instead, as it'd probably be tastier and definitely less caustic.

Studentowl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Studentowl (8)
Mild None Detected Mild Tolerable

Ummm... I is hard to think of anything good to say about this tobacco. Though it is made of obviously high quality leafs the blend is porly baclanced and remarkably unexciting. Though there is some sweetness there it is very muskey and deterates during the course of the smoke.

Jaybee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jaybee (76)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Very Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I received a pack of this in the mail. It is advertised as pure tobacco with nothing but sugar and water added. It tastes like it, although I'm not sure the sugar and water do any good. All in all a decent tobacco, but nothing distinctive.

lustra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lustra (170)

Mac Baren lists the following ingredients for this mixture: "sugar, water, tobacco." Couldn't these ingredients simply be dripped directly into the vein, thus getting around all the bother of pipe-smoking? Perhaps at the Piper's Old Folk's Home this is what we'll all be um imbibing. Until then, push your walker past this offering in favor of something with a little meat. Even Mac Baren Mixture Mild could out-wrestle this stuff.