A pleasant companion, never harsh or rough, Quiet, soothing, always agreeable, the pipe is a fine pal when filled with this ever-civil, mellow, peach-flavored blend.

Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish
FlavoringPeach
Strength
Taste

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (110)
Mild Medium Medium Pleasant

The best peach blend I have had to date. I smoke a wide variety of tobaccos, from English to Virginia to Aromatics. I like how the topping is not totally overdone, but the peach taste remains steady throughout the bowl. DGT's pretty well, too.

Govern Yourself Accordingly!

Pipe Used: Peterson Pipe of the Year

Age When Smoked: 1 year

Purchased From: Iwan Ries

russ Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
russ (24)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

In opening the tin I found the peach aroma nice-not too heavy. The moisture content was also just right. Loaded the pipe, and began. As I smoked the entire bowl--from top, mid down to the bottom I detected all the way through a nice melding of the fruity, and burleys going on. It did not bite, and as I kepte smoking I had thought my pipe had went out. In fact I was through the entire bowl, and it burned down to a nice white ash. I found it NOT to be clowing, or goopy. In fact it is one of the few aromatics I have tried that is not goopy. If you like aromatics I suggest this for a nice break from from some of the other vanilla, chocolate etc. stuff. One other reviewer had noted they thought perhaps this blend is made in a way that has the casing infused. I can say I agree. For me the peachy taste was always going on along with a nice burly flavor coming through also. Over all I can say I liked it. I would purchase this again if someone asked whether, or not I would.

Capt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Capt (120)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

If you are searching for a non-cloying peach aromatic, this is it. McClelland's aromatics are some of the best, and this is an example why.

There will always be a tin of this in my cabinet.

happy jack Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
happy jack (25)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I must say after reviewing this site I am thrilled to be a reviewer. Before I review this brand, I want to express that I have no bias towards the reviews of others. As we all know a good smoke is the one YOU enjoy, though it may not favor all, it favors you, and thats what makes us united. The pleasure of pipe smoking,... Okay, enough of self introduction. Pal o'Mine is an exceptional all day smoke, one you can smoke for days before rotation. Im impressed with this blend, and confess that it is a blend with one desiginated pipe, " a corn cob". you can sip this and lower your blood pressure very quickly, the aroma is wonderfull, there is a hint of fresh fruit and pure tobacco, how wonderfull McClelland is at blending, after a good light a few puffs and a gentile tamp, I rarely ever have to relight, I enjoy this riding home from work. just because it is mild do's not mean it's not tasty, there is no dottle or bite, even when your puffing away, my pipe never over heats, and I think the cob gives this blend justice, never under estimate simplicity, 3 stars for sure, I love McClelland blends, and will be partial to many of there tobaccos. Happy Jack

SSNVet Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SSNVet (1)
Medium Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

This is absolutely the best peach blend that exists. The fruity smell in the tin translates directly to the smoke. When smoked in a leisurely fashion, I find that the taste lasts the entire bowl. There is also a fair amount of nicotine in this tobacco, which makes it quite satisfying. Love it!

FlatCapMatt Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
FlatCapMatt (19)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

I had never had a peach tobacco before, so I jumped at the chance to try this one. I'm not disappointed. The smell from the tin is pleasant. It reminded me of some peaches and cream flavoured oatmeal I used to eat as a kid. It does have an artificial peach smell to it which can be good or bad, depending on your own experiences with peach flavoured foods/tobaccos.

It smokes well in my pipes. I don't recall having to relight my pipe an excessive amount of times. The taste is nice, but not overpowering. Pipe stem tends to get a bit wet though.

My wife likes the room note, so it passes that test.

Overall I like this blend and would purchase it again.

Pipe Used: Stanwell Bjarne Nielsen, Missouri Meerschaum

Age When Smoked: Only a few months old, fresh tin.

Purchased From: http://www.tobaccoblends.com.au/en/

wolfdreamer Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
wolfdreamer (25)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I don't smell peach to me this brand smells like wine flavouring. It's mild but yet more tasteful than some aromatics. It's not sweet enough or creamy for my taste but I can see why people like it. I think it's worth a try. If you are into say chocolate or more dessert type flavours then you may not like it. Again I didn't pick out the peach but it could be just the batch I received.

ELF Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
ELF (35)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

Very nice Tobacco/Pleasant,Mild,Room note Outstanding!!!Not like most aromatics;Flavoring is well-infused into Mix.GOOD BALANCE... I have a suspicion Mcld's,have steam-pressed this Mix...I find no tongue bite,and doesn't Bowl Me over.....When i had 1/2 left of my 50g tin...I filled the tin to the top with Mcld's Red Virginian...dumped mix in2mix'g-bowl...Filled my Pipe,,WOW,,i think this is going 2b my new"Going-To-Pub-Mix." :+)

Dov of the Galilee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Dov of the Galilee (22)

I'm impressed! When I read the label that it had the "vaguely reminiscent of grandma's peach cobbler" I just wondered what I was in for. I lit the bowl got absorbed in some work and it dawned on me that my mouth tasted like peaches. Initially I had no association with the tobacco instead I was wondering what I ate that left me thinking of peaches. Well it's a good job. For me this blend is like a liqueur and it's to be enjoyed infrequently but not to be forgotten. I think in today's market it has a limited existence so if you like it stock up before the discontinuation.

Very Mild Medium Very Mild Very Pleasant

McClellands tinned aromatics seem to occupy shades of a grey area for me. They're not "hit or miss" - they're more "just good enough or not quite good enough". This falls into the latter category.

This didn't have the mouth-tingling flavor of Tastemaster, nor the intoxicating tin aroma of Best of Show nor the quiet whisper of added flavor in Easy Street. The peach flavor was a little more notable than I cared for but it wasn't unpleasant. In fact, if you like artificially flavored fruity tobacco, this is probably one of the best. To that end, it achieves what I believe McClellands set out to do. My personal bias is away from cherries and peaches in tobacco; but I intended to try all the McC's tinned aros and I think this is a good one for those of you without my personal bias. It's a high quality American-style aromatic from a high quality American blender. If you like peaches in your smoke, don't wait.

Matt1977 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Matt1977 (6)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

This blend i was very impressed with as a peaches and cream flavor throughout. I enjoyed this blend as i puffed all the bowlful down to the nice white ash in my bulldog!! This is a highly reccomended blend if you want the complements of the ladies! One ladie i was smoking next waiting for the bus asked me if i was actually smoking fuzzy navel tobacco. Try this blend and you will not be disappointed!!!

Tin Meister Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Tin Meister (3)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

Oh well, I must admit, when I first lit my pipe with this "Pal o' Mine" I was immediately brought back 20 years prior to my days of Captain Black.

Yes, this smells like CB, tastes lke CB and even looks like Captain Black... what is going on here.I know, how dare I compare a McClelland to the drugstore variants. I feel I just had to, since I could not stop feeling I had smoked this (and not liked it) so very long ago.

Perhaps, it is because a small tin had cost me 25$ Canadian (24US) that I felt I was missing something here. There was no richness, no flavor that would envelop my senses, and even the blandness seemed a trifle "bland"!

My wife, the "note" expert, seemed disinterested and I felt I had smelled this somewhere before. It was a very unexciting and uneventful (not to mention uninspiring) tin that bade me no pleasure. I am still smoking it, 4 mos after my purchase (very rare for me), and am looking forward to being able to store my paperclips in it.

I do love a good aromatic, really I do. It's just that this tobacco, at least to me., is just not very good. Maybe I felt let down by the inflated prose that led me to think this was something to be cherished. I however admonish all aromatic connoisseurs to heed my advice and let this Pal o' Mine go astray into the night and consider your good fortune on not having wasted your time and hard earned greenbacks on such an uninspiring tobacco.

Pipe-billed Grebe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Pipe-billed Grebe (18)
Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I've never met a McClelland I didn't like, and the 2 stars doesn't mean I don't like Pal o'Mine, it just means what it says - "Somewhat Recommended." McC aromatics certainly fill an important niche: if nothing else, they are indispensable for introducing our gentle art to the novitiate; they are tasty and fragrant, they are quality tobacco, and they are nigh-ubiquitous. E.g., I have a friend who had been turned off by the nasty experience of trying the Cheapest Aromatic Possible in a lousy pipe, who has been steered back onto the True Path by convincing him to spend a little extra on a tin of McC aromatic and a Bjarne.

Pal o'Mine here is a solid blend tasting of creamy peach and nutty burley. It burns relatively clean and dry. Still it leaves me kind of - "enh" (actual technical term). I whittled away at my tin little by little for more than a year, and then, well... aromatics don't keep well, do they? Whenever I get that hankerin' for aromatic I find myself preferring Trout Stream or Solani Sweet Mystery (cf my other reviews). So, Pal o'Mine, I must only Somewhat Recommend you.

SMOKETSES Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SMOKETSES (208)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

100 % of aromatic peach. He is the one. It will leave his flavor on the used pipe, since its perfume of peaches is very strong. A beautiful perfume, also for those around the smoker. Burley makes this mix, a success. It also contains Cavendish. It is difficult to smoke only him, but you can smoke it when you want something light but surely it gives to the blend, a very special sweet taste.

Glorfindel Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Glorfindel (57)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Very Mild Very Pleasant

UPDATE: this is a 4 star aromatic. one of my "permanent rotation"

Original: 4-07

Lights well and stays lit when packed properly. Great room aroma. I can detect the peach cobbler note as the description says - interesting, how do they do that? :)

The burley makes this blend a success. If it were pure Cavendish with this heavy a casing, it would be YUCK!! - and I'm a Cavendish fan! But, the burley saves the day.

For aromatic fans a must try!

UPDATE: 5-10-2007

I may dedicate a pipe to this blend as it has become one of my regular rotation.

I will buy this again in the future, a definite crowd pleaser and it will not bite. Three lovely young ladies at a recent party asked if they could smoke my pipe after enjoying the Pal-o-mine aroma for about 2 hrs. Simply astonishing.

bswails1384 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bswails1384 (7)
Mild Medium Medium Very Pleasant

If you like mild aromatic blends then you will love this one. This is one that I can smoke in the house with the approval of my wife and son. It has a satisfying sweet taste and isn't too goopy. It burns smooth and cool.

But it is rather mild which I like for after dinner but not all the time. I will likely keep a tin of this around to please friends and family.

bl Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
bl (8)
Very Mild Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I tought this was a very good aromatic. The first few bowls were only so-so, but after the tin had been open for a couple weeks I really started to like it. By the end of the tin I can say this is an aromatic I'd buy again. It burned fairly cool, had a mild, pleasing taste, and left no goop in the bottom of my pipes.

Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

Four stars for fans of Aromatics, Two stars for the rest of us. That is why I put three stars on the rating. Smells excellent! Not a tobacco in my top twenty, maybe in the top ten American Aromatic category.

Mild Mild to Medium Very Mild Pleasant

After Mellow Mack and Captain Cool, this was the last one of the line to try: most of what was said for the other two is still valid, but Mellow Mack remains the winner thanks to its biscuity taste. This one, peach-flavored, is not as tasty as I would have hoped: not bad, but not memorable either. Flavoring goes away quite a bit during the bowl, and there is not enough tobacco taste to support it.

Mild Medium Very Mild Pleasant

Nope. This isn't any Pal 'O Mine and never will be.

Cherry soup. Deep, rich, strong and totally NOT MY STYLE.

I like tobacco that tastes like, well, tobacco.

On the positive side, it burns cool considering its components.

Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

I like to try this type of aromatic so I know what to recommend to a beginning pipe smoker. As its name states, it is a pal-o-mine. The room note is very sweet and unobtrusive. There is no tongue-bite and for me it was so mild I had to check my pipe to see if it was really lit. I definitely will use this for apprentices....

Inquisitor Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Inquisitor (155)

I haven't tried this yet, but P&T said: "Well, this is a cherry blend that is respectable...the smell is cherry, but a dark and rich cherry, nothing like hard cnady here, nor maraschino, more like the aroma from a dark-chocolate-covered cherry. This lights easily, burns coolly and with ease, and is exceptional for its genre. If you are searching for the perfect cherry aromatic, give this a try. Highly recommended for seekers of this sort."