A vintage Gaelic blend. The Comoy’s Irish mixture is created using naturally sweet broken Virginia tobaccos with a good portion of black cavendish to create a very smooth and naturally sweet blend.

BrandComoy's of London
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp & Co.
Manufactured ByKohlhase & Kopp & Co.
FlavoringIrish Mist, Whisky
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Medium
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild, Medium

I was extremely impressed after trying this blend. I like a little Whiskey flavoring in my tobacco from time to time, and am a big fan of Peterson's Irish Whiskey. I thought this might be an English version of same. It was, and is even more tasty.

The Comoy's name stands for quality. I found the light colored virginia and mottled brown burley leaf to be extremely well aged and pleasant in a mild sort of way. The Irish Whiskey mist is way off in the background but enhances this delightful blend perfectly. I sure wish it was still being made.

Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Very Pleasant

Comoy's - Irish Mixture.

I'm not usually a fan of whisky aromatics, or any alco-topped blends for that fact; I often find the taste to be too false for me. This, on the other hand, I enjoy.

The best feature with Irish Mixture is how the whisky doesn't domineer the entire flavour. It gives a mild hint, but that's all. I don't get any bitterness or acridity from the addition, it's actually very mild with the added flavouring.

The lowest feature is tongue bite; I have to sip it slowly or there's a price to be paid!

Mild again: this time I'm talking N; it isn't a smoke for complete sissies but it's not far off!

I wouldn't call this a Whisky Aromatic; the whisky's nowhere near strong enough for it to even be considered one. The whisky in this is more of a 'tobacco seasoning'.

Highly recommended.

Pipe Used: Erik Nording Freehand

Age When Smoked: 1 month

Purchased From: GQ Tobaccos

pencils Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pencils (42)

This fine tobacco is something of a tongue-tingler. The whiskey flavour predominates in a pleasant and ever present casing that has depth, if little complexity. Aromatic in the best sense of the word, and an even burn throughout the bowl It offers best results when sipped slowly, savouring the tobacco rather than greedy efforts to get the best from it with hard puffing. It isn't a tongue biter, exactly, but carries a rich mouth feel that can nip if driven hard.

I would rate this highly when allowed to dry slightly, and if you are seeking a good quality aromatic. Buy and cellar.

Pipe Used: Several