A secret Highland blend, rich and mellow.

BrandComoy's of London
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Extremely Mild
Taste
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable, Strong
2.0

Sensational Orientals prevail over the Virginia ribbon that is very dark from aging. The natural sweetness is enhanced by a little something that I just can't put my finger on. I had heard that this blend was a real favorite back in the day and I can concur. It is delicious and I teared up a little when my tin had been consumed. It is no longer produced but if I ever find another tin, I may just buy it!

Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Strong

Comoy's - Scottish Mixture.

The first Comoy's blend I've tried!

This is alright for a while; that's providing you can tolerate a room where it's impossible to be able to see due to the amount of smoke in it! I can't be exactly sure as to what the topping is, but I don't mind saying, whatever it is I get a 'stickiness' from it; it seems as though it may be from some sort of liquor or spirit. Either way, it causes the smoke to be a bit of a mess. This doesn't tend to bite me, but, if I draw to forcefully the heat is far too much to tolerate; red hot. I think the nicotine's quite mild in this, if not very mild, I don't mind that though as I vape for my nicotine and pipe for flavour.

I don't like this, it's not the worst out there but very far from the best.

Not recommended.

Pipe Used: Peder Jeppesen

Purchased From: GQ Tobaccos

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)

I tried this from an old tin that has been open for a while. There seemed to have been a liquor topping at one time, but that has faded. All that was left of it was an underlying sharpness that I didn?t really like. The base Virginias don?t really shine, and there is a weak Oriental leaf trying to dominate. The overall taste isn?t sweet, yet not bitter either. Now and again, the flavor comes up the a ?medium? level, but not for long.

Rather mild, completely uninspiring. The only reason I could see for keeping it around would be to use as a ?working in the yard? smoke when you want something unobtrusive.