Reviews: 72060 Tobaccos: 6494What's NewLoginRegister

A secret Highland blend, rich and mellow.

BrandComoy's of London
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp und Co. KG
Blend TypeScottish
ContentsOriental/Turkish, Virginia
Extremely Mild, Mild
Kamerling Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Kamerling (24)
Medium Mild Very Full Pleasant to Tolerable

My favourite and belloved scottish mixtures of all. Threw many years I was charmed by BBB Scottish Mixture, untill I tried it from Comoy's. Naturally sweetnes, high quality of it's all components - if you like scottish mixtures or would like to rest from english, then definitely choose it.

One of the most wrongfully underestimated tobaccos - I think of Comoy's Scottish Mixture just as of my pipe's St. Grail.

Similar Blends: BBB Scottish Mixture.

Sensational Orientals prevail over the Virginia ribbon that is very dark from aging. The natural sweetness is enhanced by a little something that I just can't put my finger on. I had heard that this blend was a real favorite back in the day and I can concur. It is delicious and I teared up a little when my tin had been consumed. It is no longer produced but if I ever find another tin, I may just buy it!

Very Mild Mild Mild to Medium Strong

Comoy's - Scottish Mixture.

The first Comoy's blend I've tried!

This is alright for a while; that's providing you can tolerate a room where it's impossible to be able to see due to the amount of smoke in it! I can't be exactly sure as to what the topping is, but I don't mind saying, whatever it is I get a 'stickiness' from it; it seems as though it may be from some sort of liquor or spirit. Either way, it causes the smoke to be a bit of a mess. This doesn't tend to bite me, but, if I draw to forcefully the heat is far too much to tolerate; red hot. I think the nicotine's quite mild in this, if not very mild, I don't mind that though as I vape for my nicotine and pipe for flavour.

I don't like this, it's not the worst out there but very far from the best.

Not recommended.

Pipe Used: Peder Jeppesen

Purchased From: GQ Tobaccos

CaptnDan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CaptnDan (242)

I tried this from an old tin that has been open for a while. There seemed to have been a liquor topping at one time, but that has faded. All that was left of it was an underlying sharpness that I didn?t really like. The base Virginias don?t really shine, and there is a weak Oriental leaf trying to dominate. The overall taste isn?t sweet, yet not bitter either. Now and again, the flavor comes up the a ?medium? level, but not for long.

Rather mild, completely uninspiring. The only reason I could see for keeping it around would be to use as a ?working in the yard? smoke when you want something unobtrusive.