Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Taste
GOOD TO BE KING Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
GOOD TO BE KING (2)
Mild to Medium None Detected Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

10 Jan, 2011 Today I decided to break in my new “strawberry” from Liskey pipes using Christmas Cheer 2006, since I had a tin that had cracked open in shipping and had been transferred to a glass jar for keeping. Upon opening, I found an aroma reminiscent of McClelland's pressed Virginia blends. I immediately thought of blend 2010. 2006 is a very welcome change from the English blends that I have been smoking. It has the sweetness of a well aged pressed Virginia as well as the ability to burn very slow. I am most impressed with the flavor that is coming from this. I don't really pick up on a “tobacco” taste, just a very smooth, nutty; almost caramel-molasses-fig taste that includes hints of cherries and is quite refreshing. I smoked 3 bowls of this in the strawberry and could have done a 4th.

11 Jan, 2011 I am smoking more of this today, only in my large bowl Radice. I have truly missed the flavors of a pressed Virginia from time past, and am glad I decided to smoke this for a change of pace. I will switch between my Radice and my Liskey and possibly finish this tin by week's end. It is “that” good. I can only hope the other Christmas Cheer's are equally as good. One word of caution… If puffed hard this does get hot in the Radice, so care must be taken. In a large bowl pipe I have been finding this to be a little on the sharp side (spicy). This was not noticed in the smaller bowl of the strawberry yesterday, but it could be the rate at which I am puffing or the English blends that have been smoked prior in the Radice. I also suggest rubbing out as much as possible. A partially broken half rubbed course bowlful might be the cause of the heat on the bowl. I have determined, after 2 ½ hours, that this is not a “LARGE” bowl tobacco as it seems to lose its flavors the farther down the bowl you get, starts getting a tad bitter and just does not cut the mustard at this point. This is no better than Star of the East while working down the bowl. I smoked another bowl in the strawberry today. What a delight in this pipe. It is smooth, sublime and it does not ever get bad. Gotta kinda watch how hard I puff to keep the temp down so I don't burn my new pipe, but I really like this pipe/tobacco combination.

12 Jan, 2011 Hit the strawberry again today. I am truly enjoying this pipe/tobacco duo as it seems to be a match for each other.

14 JAN, 2011 Another bowl went on it's marry way today. I am really enjoying this blend. Something about it just hits the sweet spot on my palette. This makes 6 bowls since the 10th of JAN. Smoking the entire tin by the weekend won't quite happen, but it has been a very nice adventure.