Blended ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Manufactured ByMcClelland Tobacco Company
Packaging50 grams or 100 grams tin
Strength
Taste

Hard to believe there's only one other review of this. Orange-red VA broken flakes, mottled with deep browns and some golden strands. Typical McClellands tin aroma but subdued. The tobacco had survived its aging very well, as it was still quite moist. As always, I smoked a bowl at tin moisture and found it underwhelming so I smoked the rest of the tin very well dried out. Yes, I smoked the entire tin, which is REALLY dumb, since I may never find another... and this was one of the top 2 or 3 CC's I've smoked!

If you're a fan of orange-red and red VA, picture in your mind the finest representation of that... the one you reach for when you can stand no more surprises at the end of a hard day or the one you start your day with because you know it always delivers the goods. Now age it in your mind 22 years so that your perfect tobacco becomes even smoother, mellower, yet tastier as well. More perfect. This tobacco, properly dried, starts out almost creamy, along with a fruity aspect. Reminded me of an Orange Julius (are those still around?). The deep earth of red with the crispness of an orange and a hint of lightly spicy fruit at the edges was irresistible. Virginias get no better than this, folks. This and the 2005 CC are the pinnacles. And yet this one improves as you go down the bowl. I did find that a too-large bowl was too much and a Group 6 was as far as I could take it. I've heard weird stories about peoples tastebuds wearing out after 2 hours of smoking. I had no such trouble. Even up to 3 hours straight, this one sung, and sung more resonantly the further down the bowl it got. I smoked about a dozen bowls of this consecutively, and I'm usually all about mixing things up. This one was just too good to share bowl time with any other blend. A million stars for this one. McClellands is the Master of Virginia leaf!