Downtown or up, our master blend of cherry cavendish has the full, rich aroma and flavor of fresh-picked cherries.

Notes: From Nat Sherman: Cavendish stored in bourbon barrels.

BrandNat Sherman
1.3
gazpacho Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gazpacho (18)
Very Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

This review is based on half a bowl, which is all I could smoke. Take this for what it's worth.

I tried this tobacco based on good experience with 307 Mild Cavendish (discontinued) and nice experience with 545 Broadway Nougat.

Pouch aroma: It smells like cherry cough drops. It is a very chemical smell. In fact, when the smell mixed with other aromatics, the resulting fumes gave me a headache.

Moisture, Packing and Lighting: The moisture content was about ideal. The cut had spring to it, but no "soppiness". It packed with ease, lit well and kept burning.

Smoke: It easily produced big puffy smoke, and didn't bite.

Tobacco flavor: Faint and completely over ridden by a chemical taste.

Room note: Pleasant, but not noticeably cherry-like.

For anyone interested in trying this, I wouldn't bother. If you want to smell cherry, buy a box of cough drops. They're cheaper and taste better.

L'Italiano Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
L'Italiano (149)
Very Mild Very Strong Medium to Full Pleasant

ON THE BASIS OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY NAT SHERMAN STORE IN NEW YORK CITY: Spring Street's former name was "Spring Street Cherry". The bourbon barrels give it a cherry aromatic but it has no cherry in it. (I believe this information can be useful in completing the tobacco profile. If the Direction deems it appropriate, it may be included in the product card).

Now the review: 370 Spring Street (Cherry) is pure cavendish, namely Straight Golden Cavendish. That said, what a really gross taste! Chemical taste. Horrible! I want to clarify that the cut is perfect, the moisture is perfect, the room note is pleasant, the scent is good (a strong cherry aroma), the nicotine content is ok (light) and it burns very well. But the taste and the after taste, poor us! This tobacco is clearly full of chemical additives and the flavoring is clearly artificial and not natural. In contrast to what is claimed by the brand, there is a clear chemical cherry flavoring. No bourbon at all (I don’t perceive it). The taste: nasty, cloy, disgusting, chemical. The aftertaste: yucky, icky. The taste after smoking; really bad. Simply unsmokable. Junk tobacco! Nat Sherman can do much better. My advice is not to smoke it straight, but to use it as a seasoning tobacco (in your own mixtures, but only a little bit). For all these reasons, in my personal rating system (from 1 to 10) my score is 4 and only a star.

Purchased From: NAT SHERMAN INTERNATIONAL, Midtown East, 12 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017

rushm1n3r Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
rushm1n3r (18)
Very Mild Very Strong Mild Pleasant to Tolerable

I was very inexperienced when I bought this. The baggy note (when bought at the Nat Sherman's store across from Grand Central, the tobacco is placed in a thick, zip lock baggy) was light and, well, cherry-fruity. When smoked, I found it pleasant, except for the cherries. It burned hot and poisoned my MM. I won't belabor this review with negatives. Nat Sherman's sold me fine tobacco. Their staff was very professional, attentive, and humble. Cherry flavored simply wasn't for me. I tossed it and learned to smoke a pipe on a Nat Serman pure Virginia mix, which was wonderful, light, and tasted natural.

Pipe Used: MM Diplomat

Purchased From: Nat Shermans, NYC

pimple Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pimple (1)

This was the first tobacco I bought and like the other review, its not very good. However, I have been blending it with a bunch of other tobacco's and I love the blends. I'll finally be finished with it soon and have to say I'll miss the blends. Might end up buying more just for blending.