A blend that will please the smoker and non-smoker. A cross of Virginia and Burley blended together with a toasted Cavendish to give an excellent taste.

BrandBarclay-Rex
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Mild to Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Pleasant, Pleasant
2.5
gazpacho Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
gazpacho (18)
Very Mild Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

I purchased this from their B&M store in NYC during a recent trip, on the recommendation of one of their employees.

The pouch aroma is pleasant and the tobacco is moderately moist. Less so than most Aromatics I've sampled. It packs, lights and smokes well, cool with no great deal of moisture. The tobacco flavor is okay, and isn't burried under any toppings.

This was a nice enough smoke, but didn't give me anything to really smile about. It behaved well with no bite, but no pizzaz either. Probably a solid 2 star tobacco.

lustra Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
lustra (170)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Very Pleasant

I occasionally smoke this when I'm watching TV with my wife. She loves the aroma more than anything I have ever smoked. (I bought this solely for my wife, who smelled it in a tobacco store and loved it.) These caveats aside, I can say that Diplomat is a pretty good aromatic that smokes well and cooly with a light sweet flavor. There is no bite and not much gunk when you're done. It is a typical American aromatic, though, and hardly the blend to keep you going when you want a real smoke.