An extremely mild mixture with a sweetish top flavor. Selected mild Black Cavendish tobaccos with some broad Virginia and low nicotine smoke give this mixture an extra mild taste.

BrandIlsted
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp and Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlmond, Vanilla
Strength
Very Mild, Mild
Medium, Strong
Taste
Mild, Full
Pleasant, Strong
Very Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Ilsted-Own Mixture No.66. When I took the initial smell of the mix I knew it was going to be a wonderful smoke! A kind of Marzipan-esc aroma that I'm sure would make most people salivate! The blend comprises a higher proportion of Black Cavendish and this is reflected very much in the taste, the Black Cav' and Vanilla work together well in giving this a cake type of sweetness. The Almond flavour is also easy to notify as the bowl burns down, giving it an almost rustic feel. It burns well throughout giving off a fairly cool "bite-free" smoke. I struggle to get much Nicotine from this one, even when I inhale a large gulp I am still left a bit unsatisfied, but that's OK as when I smoke aromatics (which is seldom) it's for their flavour not N. After a few bowls of No.66 I am certain that the Vanilla is stronger at the bowls beginning then it dissipates to become the same level as the Almond about a 3rd of the way into the smoke. I have found No.66 a brilliantly relaxing smoke that would be great for the end of the day. Full marks!

Pipe Used: Peterson Irish Harp 03

Purchased From: G.Q Tobaccos

THROATHIT Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
THROATHIT (38)
Mild Strong Full Strong

Ilsteds own. Well not quite this is the same blend as Rattary's union jack Amaretto. It Is without doubt a good aero but is super heavy on the top flavour but not gloopy perhaps a little tacky in substance. This will ghost your pipe so stick it in your chosen aero weapon and fire away.

Super flavor and creamy velvet in the mouth. Smoke is rich warming spicy and thick giving a full feeling. I find I need to re light this one a lot but that's probably my hap hazard approach to loading up.

You will like this if full on aero is your thing. It is, as some will say hot air with flavour, and a very artificial one at that. I fail to taste the tobacco in this at all and can forget Im smoking. Vit N is low on the agenda to with this baccy. So if Amaretto is your thing give it a go.

Pipe Used: stefano exclusive briar

Purchased From: g q

Similar Blends: Rattary's union jack the same tobacco , Petersons sunset breeze is a similar tasting smoke..