An extremely mild mixture with a sweetish top flavor. Selected mild Black Cavendish tobaccos with some broad Virginia and low nicotine smoke give this mixture an extra mild taste.

BrandIlsted
Blended ByKohlhase, Kopp and Co.
ContentsBlack Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlmond, Vanilla
Strength
Taste
Very Mild Medium Mild Pleasant

Ilsted-Own Mixture No.66. When I took the initial smell of the mix I knew it was going to be a wonderful smoke! A kind of Marzipan-esc aroma that I'm sure would make most people salivate! The blend comprises a higher proportion of Black Cavendish and this is reflected very much in the taste, the Black Cav' and Vanilla work together well in giving this a cake type of sweetness. The Almond flavour is also easy to notify as the bowl burns down, giving it an almost rustic feel. It burns well throughout giving off a fairly cool "bite-free" smoke. I struggle to get much Nicotine from this one, even when I inhale a large gulp I am still left a bit unsatisfied, but that's OK as when I smoke aromatics (which is seldom) it's for their flavour not N. After a few bowls of No.66 I am certain that the Vanilla is stronger at the bowls beginning then it dissipates to become the same level as the Almond about a 3rd of the way into the smoke. I have found No.66 a brilliantly relaxing smoke that would be great for the end of the day. Full marks!

Pipe Used: Peterson Irish Harp 03