Mild, fully ripened Black Cavendish with golden broadcut Virginia and a fresh fruit Caribbean flavor with a note of coconut.

BrandOcean Liner
Blended ByDan Tobacco
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
FlavoringFruit / Citrus
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong, Strong
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium to Full, Overwhelming
1.8
Hauser Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hauser (16)
Medium Strong Overwhelming Pleasant

Under the topic of "What were you thinking?" I purchased some of this. I read the coconuts part and despite the poor reviews I thought "Hey, I like coconuts, I'll try this!" It arrived today and may my Castello forgive me for soiling it's bowl with this tobacco. This looks like fine leaf but upon the match it opens up a gateway to hell that just never seems to stop. It smells like the fruity version of one of those pine tree car deodorizers and though I have never eatten one of those I am betting it tastes similar. Both during the smoke and afterwards, its as though someone took a can of fruit scented Lysol and sprayed it in your mouth. I would throw it away but I am afraid it would eat through my trash can and floor like the blood from Sigorney Weaver Alien movie. I'll have to get my HAZMAT suit out and bury it in the back yard. I have some weeds back there I have been unable to kill and I am relatively sure this will do the job.

Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

More fruit salad in a pretty tin, this one an earlier HAPAG polychrome (they started sailing to New York in 1847) nice, but the least interesting of the series.

Briarabbit Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Briarabbit (116)
Mild Medium Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

Very nice Virginia and Black Cavendish. The topping is a little much for me though.The aromatic agent is coconut, and I'd rather taste that in a cake, not a pipe tobacco. Everytime I've smoked this in public I've had complements by women,-" My goodness you big sexy man,whatever are you smoking in that beautiful pipe,that smells so good"?

I'm happily married and no longer smoke this. One woman is enough.

tillmanj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tillmanj (73)
Mild to Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Tin Aroma: Highly aromatic, this blend has a very Danish smell to it. The typical Danish aromatic smells, to me, of fruit and sugar, but not in any identifiable mixture. Almost as if I were sniffing pure sucrose. The fruit aroma is vaguely reminiscent of mangos and pears, but I cannot really tell.

Physical Characteristics: A rough ribbon cut that looks as if it wants to be a fully rubbed iout flake, or perhaps there is rubbed out flake blended with ribbon cut black cavendish. Mostly blond and mottled, I expect a high sugar content here.

Notes: On first lighting this blend, I was expecting a full frontal assault of Fruit flavored steam, but much to my surpise, and pleasure, I tasted sugary virginia right from the first puff. The room note is amazingly pleasant, so much so that Jen said 'What are you smoking, that smells so good.' I let here have a taste, and we both marvelled at the difference between the full tobacco taste, and the fruity room note. In subsequent smokes, I have been able to detect a small amount of the flavoring in the actual tobacco, as opposed to the side stream smoke. The Virginias in this blend are solid, but not very 'deep' or multi-faceted. However, they light easily, and burn smoothly and evenly, leaving a dove-grey ash behind.