Ready Rubbed is a specialty of the Danes flavored from full sweetened aromatic Virginian Slices and rounded off with an accented flavor that is not only palatable but sweet and mild.

BrandOcean Liner
Blended ByDan Tobacco
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Other / Misc
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Medium to Strong, Extra Strong
Taste
Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Full
Tolerable to Strong
2.3
Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild Pleasant

The TIN is the hook here: an extraordinarily handsome black-and-gold chinoiserie which the étui-mad will simply not be able to resist! I sure fell!

No bijouterie inside, I'm afraid, just plain, slurpy Danish tinsel?not the worst, nothing like the best. They probably decided that with the schönste Dose you had as much as you deserved.

May be I'll hang the contents from my Christmas tree.

CapnStuby Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
CapnStuby (32)
Mild Extra Strong Full Tolerable to Strong

This smells good in the tin and is expertly and beautifully packed in a tin that is well-crafted and a real bonus. Too bad the tobacco tastes like shag laced with antifreeze...

This seems like a strong Danish tobacco to me and I couldn't get past half a bowl before I had to quit. This is a GOOD tobacco, but it's not the kind I like. It just doesn't suit my particular tastes, but it's probably my individual chemistry.

I can't rate this on anything but my personal experience.

flakeman Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
flakeman (13)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This is a rich brown with bits of lighter leaf scattered through the blend and is more of a broken flake than a ready rubbed, which can make filling the pipe a bit tricky. however a gentle rub up in the hand and it packs fairly easily. The pack aroma is sweet and fruity but not overly so - the aroma of high quality virginia comes through as well - very Danish in character. It lights and burns well and evenly; the aroma subdued and not at all unpleasant, with fuity overtones and clean smelling Virginia noticable. In taste it is mild, the fruit flavour never dominating allowing the base tobacco flavour to come through well. It is sweet without being stickily so. This is one that all Danish lovers will like, well mannered and a pleasing smoking experience. I got no bite and the finish was clean with a light grey fluffy ash, the pipe remaining dry. Good for a light, enjoyable interlude away from the heavier, straight Virginias.

tillmanj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tillmanj (73)
Mild Very Mild Medium Tolerable to Strong

Tin Aroma: Highly aromatic, this blend has a very Danish smell to it. The typical Danish aromatic smells, to me, of fruit and sugar, but not in any identifiable mixture. Almost as if I were sniffing pure sucrose. The fruit aroma is vaguely reminiscent of mangos and pears, but I cannot really tell.

Physical Characteristics: A wild cut blend, with a large amount of Cavendish, this was a bit hard to get packed as is, so it went to the chopping block for a little attitude readjustment. After a good chopping to get the pieces a bit more uniform, they came out much better.

Notes: Sweet Virginias and tropical fruit flavors, just as promised. I am quite excited about the quality of this aromatic, and the others in the Ocean Liner line. I most definately have found a good set of tobaccos for smoking near those who do not like the aroma of my normal tobaccos, which tend to be Latakia heavy. Smokes very cool, and has a very light, almost ephemeral quality to it. The Fruit flavors dissipate little during the bowl, this is definately a dessert blend. I enjoy it paired with a Leibfraumilch as an after dinner smoke during the warmer months. Burns eavenly (once the cut is adjusted) and leaves a dove grey ash.