Cool Smoking, Even Burning, Without A Bite

Notes: Sold through CVS Pharmacy as 'Premium Blend Burley & Black'. Also sold at Walgreens as Blender's Gold brand "Burley and Black".

BrandConsolidated
Pleasant, Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable
1.6
K. MacNeal Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
K. MacNeal (2)

I have to say, this is by far the worst thing I've ever smoked. Ever. As previous reviewers have said, it tastes like the plastic bag it comes in, has more additives than Paris Hilton, and leaves more residue than I have ever seen. If you puff too gently, it goes out in a flash. If too hard, it tastes like you are sucking on a tire. Not going to get this ever again.

This is the third Consolidated bulk I have tried from Walgreens. It is a bit boring, but if you like simple, pleasant smelling, cool smoking aromatic, this fits the bill. It is much easier on the wallet than numerous "name brand" atrocities as well. It just doesn't hold my interest, or I might give it a higher rating.

Gandalf the Grey Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gandalf the Grey (9)

Haven't had this blend in a while, it was one of my first because of its wonderfully budget price at around $8 for 12oz.

Perhaps it was because I was relatively new to pipe smoking at the time, every single time I lit up a bowl of Burley & Black, I was always left with the impression that I had just enjoyed a cup of fresh brewed black coffee. I don't know why, it doesn't make any sense to me now, but at the time, and even still, when I happen to have a bowl of friends, it still reminds me of it.

A simple blend without a lot of complexity, it is a very pleasant smoke for a warm summer's eve or a cool winter's night. But for me, it's not much more than the occassional space filler, BUT...you can't argue with the deal you get for the price.

Uisqebaugh Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Uisqebaugh (3)

For an aromatic, it's pleasant and non-goopy. It leaves a good taste yet has a room note which appeals to others around the smoker. Furthermore, the price makes this very affordable.

Zone Smoke Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Zone Smoke (199)
Extremely Mild Extremely Mild Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

This tobacco is inexpensive and for good reason. It sucks. A flavorless blend of burley and black cavendish. I would call it one dimensional, except for the fact that it has no dimensions. Never again. Not if it were the last blend on earth.

Ivanhoe Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Ivanhoe (35)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Tolerable

I got a bag of this tobacco in a box pass and I was looking forward to trying it because of positive comments I have heard about the Walgreen's burley offerings. I was disappointed.

It is moist in the pouch, but lights easily and stays lit. The taste is mainly vanilla for me. Occasionally a comforting burley taste came through, only to be drowned out almost immediately by a sickly-sweet blast of vanilla.

If you like vanilla aromatics, this is probably an economical and tasty choice for you. I am wondering now how long the vanilla taste will stay in my pipe. Not long, I hope.

Mild Mild Medium Pleasant

I picked up a bag of this some time back after trying Dream Castle's version. Both are cheap drug store bulks and both are very pleasant. It doesn't bite and it has a great aromatic, sweet flavor. This is a lot more than you can say about a lot of other drug store blends. This is definitely an all day smoke for those who enjoy aromatics. Personally it doesn't hold my attention for long, but if this was the only tobacco left on the planet, I would still smoke a pipe everyday!