A middle-of-the-road blend, smoky, woodsy, and slightly sweet.

BrandUhle's
Blended ByJack Uhle
Strength
Taste
2.0
tillmanj Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
tillmanj (73)
Very Mild None Detected Mild Pleasant

Tin Aroma: sweet and 'bright'. Perhaps a light casing of something vaguely fruit-like? Kind of smells like a cross between Orlik's Golden SLiced and Two Friends Valle Crucis. Odd, but intriguing.

Physical Characteristics: Almost exactly half light, half dark threads. A short ribbon cut, with a disconcertingly large proportion of tiny crumbs. Some of these crumbs are small enough that I feel like I am packing my pipe with fish food. Gravity fills well, but a bit too springy in the packing. Takes the charring light well.

First Light: Very light, with no hint of the tin aroma, as I had thought there might be. A vaguely sour flavor creeps in about a third of the way into the bowl. Really though, nothing very remarkable during the first half of the bowl or so, perhaps it will change in the second half.

Notes: Burns a bit quick, and hot, which really is too bad. I have tried every trick I know, and outside of adding Burley to it, this blend always bites me. A bit strong when exhaled through the nose, but otherwise, mild enough to almost go unnoticed, at least to my Latakia-haded palate.