Mac Baren Highland Mixture consists of ready rubbed, fully mature Virginia tobaccos and carefully selected, golden brown burley. To round off the taste, we have added a touch of specially spiced cavendish. As a finishing touch, the tobacco blender has added a generous measure of 30-year-old Glenfarclas - a pedigree single malt highland whisky.

BrandMac Baren
Blended ByMac Baren
Manufactured ByMac Baren
ContentsBurley, Cavendish, Virginia
FlavoringWhisky
Strength
Taste
Pleasant to Tolerable, Tolerable

It packs easily and burns well. It also smells nice both in the tin and while burning. It does not bite either. It has a variety of cuts in the leaf and burns slowly. And the additive in this one really has a lot of fans as it does indeed seem to help along the leaf within.

SmokeKing David Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
SmokeKing David (123)
Medium Medium Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

The flavor of this blend is great... without being goopy. Finally, a whisky blend that is made of high-quality leaf. I have been looking for some blends that are aromatic but not bulk-jar sticky stuff. I found it here.

Following the lead of previous reviewer Effluvinator, I smoked this in a Savinelli with a balsa filter. It really tamed the bite.

This one is a winner.

Govern Yourself Accordingly.

Hunter Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Hunter (52)
Medium Medium Medium Tolerable

Very pleasant smoke! As a single-malt loving pipe smoker, I had to give this a try. Very flavorful, colorful and wonderfully aromatic with no bite to speak of. The only thing that prevents me from keeping it on hand is its price and availablity. Its unexplained absence from the Mac Baren website is a bit odd as well. I certainly hope they do not drop this blend.

colt25314 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
colt25314 (42)
Extremely Mild Extra Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant to Tolerable

This is really a shame. It appears to have been blended with high quality leaf. Then, for reasons only known to the Dutch. The put napalm on the tobaco and toung bite is aweful. On the positive sid, it did come in a very attractive tin.

Medium Mild to Medium Medium to Full Tolerable

This was a big let-down after reading some good reviews. Too much of something overwhelms my tastebuds. After it airs out in the unsealed tin, it may rate an update. Time will tell...

Effluvinator Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Effluvinator (51)
Mild Mild to Medium Medium Very Pleasant

I am a long-term user of MacBaren products, but had not tried this tobacco until just recently. Having nearly finished my first tin I feel that this will be a regular stock item for me. I appreciated a nice, scotch whiskey flavor with this tobacco, although the flavor seemed to be rather sensitive to which pipe was used. As it does smoke a bit wet I finally settled on a Savinelli Bing's with the balsa filter to control the moisture. It did not bite me, as do some of the other MacBaren offerings, which was a definite plus. Due to the expense it is more of a "special occasion" tobacco, but that only serves to make it more of treat when I do allow myself to have some of it. This is one of my favorite aromatics and I will definitely be keeping this on hand.