Special Virginia and Burley grades. Blended by hand. Matured under high pressure. Ready rubbed. Mild and not too sweet.

BrandHolger Danske
Blended ByPlanta
Strength
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium, Medium to Strong
Taste
Very Mild, Medium, Full, Overwhelming
2.0
Corncob3 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Corncob3 (29)
Medium to Strong Medium to Strong Full Pleasant

Deep woodsy flavor with a slightly zesty overtone and not too sweet-wine like in body and aroma (think Merlot). Better put take Sir Walter Raleigh and kick it up a notch. Not for the novice or aromatic smoker. This a blend best suited for the seasoned smoker who knows his natural tobacco leaf. A nice find. And yes, you can use this as your "daily mixture".

1 Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
1 (8)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant to Tolerable

"Daily Mixture", as this blend is called was not in my opinion a tobacco you would want to smoke on a daily basis. I was hoping the blend would not be so harsh on the tongue as well. Overall it was not too terribly bad but I found the mixture rather bland and unstatisfying. I don't think this tobacco is what pipe smokers today are looking for. When I have the opportunity to sit down and enjoy a smoke this is not what I would choose to pack my bowl with.

Eulenburg Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Eulenburg (193)
Very Mild Very Mild Very Mild Pleasant

Dutch cavendish, made in Denmark. What more is there to say?

Sail Yellow is still the best Dutch cavendish in the market, and the only one I'll ever need.

Medium Mild Overwhelming Pleasant

I purchased a tin of this blend after reading about its contents on the pipesforless web-site. The components of virginia/burley with no added flavoring appealed to my taste buds. Unfortunately, this combination of my two favorite leaves was out of whack in this ready-rubbed Danish mixture.

I assure you there is added flavoring--is there a Danish blend out there without flavoring?--anyway, whatever it was, I didn't like it. And the tang that made itself known when I blew smoke from my nose certainly cleared the nasal passages.

I did not find anything of value in this blend, and chucked the tin after just one bowl. "why not give it to a friend," you ask? Because I want to keep my friends!