Sun-cured, honey-sweet Virginia Leaf from South American and Africa are double fermented and mixed with broad-cut Virginia Flakes. Rich Extracts of the Maraschino-Cherry develop the typical full bodied sweet aroma of this exclusive blend. Rich Taste: A Mixture for the Smoker of English blends.

BrandKarl Erik
ContentsCavendish, Virginia
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor, Cherry
Strength
Strong
Taste
Medium to Full, Full, Very Full
2.7
Mild Strong Full Very Pleasant

Yikes - Did I just eat a jar of Maraschino Cherries? Nope, I just smoked a whole bowl of this karl Erik offering. I find the topping to be, well.... over the top. Super full taste but it ain't tobacco.

Note to the gentleman who sent me a couple of ounces of this to sample: I'll pay you back, pardner!

Mild Medium to Strong Medium to Full Very Pleasant

To enjoy this blend, you must not only like aromatics but love cherries. The tin aroma reveals the 2x fermentation and sweet, cherry casing. The tobacco ranges from light to black coarse ribbons with acceptable moisture content that are easily packed, burn coolly and result in a relatively dry smoke for such an aromatic. During smoking, the fruity, cherry flavor is present but not so dominant to totally overshadow the sweet VAs. However, dedicate a pipe to this blend since the cherry extract infects it and effects subsequent smokes of different tobaccos even after a good cleaning. I didn't sense the Latakia indicated in the desciption above and none is shown on the tin label. The room aroma gets rave reviews from most non-smokers. Although I still prefer just great tobacco flavors as in my normal VA blends, this is one of the better aromatics that I've recently tried and surely is a giant step above Middleton's Cherry Blend or the drug store cherries. I'll try this again once the weather gets hot.

Smoking Friar Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Smoking Friar (3)
Very Mild Strong Very Full Very Pleasant

This tin was given to me about 12 years ago and I just never got around to opening it. The aroma from the tin was extremely inviting. The smoke was delightful, flavorful, and cool with a delectable cherry aroma. Apparently it is no longer available in USA and would cost me a fortune to order from the EU.

Pipe Used: Karl Erik