Virginia handblended with Dark Cavendish and spiced with exotic fruits. An exclusive blend from Paul Olsen.

BrandPaul Olsen
Blended ByPaul Olsen
ContentsVirginia, Black Cavendish
Strength
Very Mild, Mild, Medium
Taste
Very Mild, Mild to Medium, Medium
2.7
orka Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
orka (53)
Very Mild Mild Very Mild Pleasant

For the most part I must say I enjoyed this one, and despite low nicotine content, I wouldn't want to go back in time and pack the pipe with something else. That being said, I however, don't think that I will stock up on it again any time soon. But danish connoisseurs just might want to consider doing just that. It's definately worth trying if cherry aromatics are your thing.

Gigilos Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Gigilos (24)
Very Mild Medium Mild to Medium Pleasant

A quite decent aromatic with a noteable fruity-sweet scent that is inviting one while encountering the black and yellow cuts of the tobacco [pre-smoking].

The smoking experience is pleasant yet not profound. The aromas manage to pass through the bowl offering a warm bouquet of scented but not overwhelminngly sweet smoke. Importantly there is no tongue bite nor bitterness as the smoking proceeds.

Purists may of course claim that there is little tobacco natural scent and feel which is something one can hardly argue against here. Further, what in the label is described as "exotic fruits" spicing at times reveals itself to be terribly akin to the kind of artificial topping found in Skoal cherry (snuff tobacco).

Lastly, the tobacco's mildness makes one to intensely puff and inhale in order to get some nicotine.

Cirdan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Cirdan (13)
Mild to Medium Very Mild Medium Pleasant

The first time I bought tobacco I was fortunate enough to try this. It was the last pouch of this blend - in fact it was nearly the last at all, as the shop was about to close. The smooth, warm, uneven-brown cube cut surprised me. I thought I had been tricked. But it packed with ease and lit better than anything ever since, yelding a great palate experience. Nicely, richly, it changed hue all the way down the pot, ending still sweet and leaving the last white ash I for a couple of years. The next day I got a new pipe and some more tobacco. Nothing similar - a vulgar moist aromatic, the first bitterness. And so it is that today I still long for this blend. I have never found it since, and keep the very last miligrams for a special ocasion. Should you find it, PLEASE mail me. When ever I open a tin or pouch of tobacco, I hope it is something like it.