A very mild and gentle blend of Black Cavendish, Virginia and White Burley. The taste is perfected by good, american bourbon. Very mild.

Notes: http://www.paul-olsen.dk/

BrandPaul Olsen
Blended ByPaul Olsen
FlavoringBourbon
Strength
Taste
2.3

Paul Olsen-My Own Blend Bourbon. I found the aroma to have a higher proportion of bourbon in comparison to the flavour. I was expecting a heavy whisky aromatic at first but what I actually got was a full and sweet tobacco taste with an adequate bourbon enhancement. The moisture of mine's spot on but it was in a pouch as part of 'The Danish Pipe Shop My Own Blend' sampler so I can't comment on the hydration of a tin. I find this a very mild smoke. Mild on many levels. Firstly the added component, whisky. It can be noticed with ease but it's nowhere near as potent as some alcohol aromatic blends can be. Also, with the bourbon attribute it lacks that sourness that is often synonymous with alcohol related blends. The nicotine is mild in this, not stupidly so but mild nonetheless! The temperature of the smoke is cool, it causes no discomfort with either heat or bite. A bowlful burns well with only the odd tamp needed to assist it, unless you really ignore it for too long. Although it holds a lot of mild qualities, one area where it isn't as laid back is the smoke volume/thickness! It really does produce a large quantity of thick, velvety smoke. A bonus for the smoker but I fear it may not receive such a glowing report from any company in the room! Whiskey aromatics have quite a good amount of manufacturers so it really needs that 'je ne sais quoi' to make it stand out from the crowd. This is not a bad smoke in any way but it just seems very run of the mill and even a little boring after a while. Two stars.

Pipe Used: Mr Brog

Purchased From: The Danish Pipe Shop

The bourbon taste is just strong enough to enjoy without drowning out the other flavors. I get a hint of vanilla from the black cavendish, and a medium sharpness from the white burley. The Virginia acts as a base for the other ingredients, and isn't much noticeable. Burns well, though it can bite if you do more than sip it. Sweet, but not cloying, and very pleasant. I don't know what brand of bourbon is used here, but I wouldn't mind having a bottle of it!

huffnpuff Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
huffnpuff (53)
Medium Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

To me I think this a nice blend it has some good aroma but not overwhelming. The taste is good also its not to powerful and it does not make the wife mad with the smell. The bourbon in the leaf does make the flavor pleasant ,but for me a newbie it still has a little bit of a bite, but I cant take my hands off of the stuff. The tobacco packs wellin my pipes and the lighting of bowl is pretty easy.