A composition of spicy Black Cavendish, mild Burley and golden Virginia from the best tobacco growing areas of three continents. Refined with a dry Chardonnay white wine from the Californian Napa Valley.

BrandScandinavian Tobacco Group (STG)
Manufactured BySt-Group Assens
FlavoringAlcohol / Liquor
Packaging50g Pouch
Strength
Taste
2.4
Very Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Very Pleasant

When this blend first came out in the early 1990s, I was on an aromatics binge anyway, so I bought a pouch the first time I saw it. This must have been one of the very first wine-flavoured blends for a long time; at least at the time I cannot remember any manufacturer daring to put anything less than distilled spirits into their blends.

The pouch aroma was wonderful, anyway. The Black Cavendish (I had just come off the pure BC blends) worked wonderfully with the dry wine, and for me, at the time, this blend contained an unusually high proportion of VA (I was a college student and usually bought the cheapest stuff I could get...)

Anyway, in the pouch, this blend was pretty moist at first, the cut relatively wide. I'd need two or three matches to get it going, but once it was on fire, I didn't need to relight until close to the very end. The taste was sweet from the VA and BC, had caramel notes at the end (that would be the Burley...) and beautifully off-set the sweetness with a nice, dry note that I will have to attribute to the wine flavouring.

It didn't turn sour on me towards the end, as many aromatics tend to do, and it was manageable in medium to large bowls without too much effort going into maintenance.

I did smoke a few pouches of Napa Valley back then; these days, I tend to drink the wines used to flavour this blend while smoking tobaccos far stronger than this. It wasn't bad at all; just for me, these days, way too weak. I'd say 3.5 stars for beginners and aromatics afficionados.

Jakob Kiilerich Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Jakob Kiilerich (118)
Extremely Mild Medium to Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Pleasant

I completely agree with my fellow, Pedro.

Jakob Kiilerich, Denmark

pedro Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
pedro (7)
Extremely Mild Strong Extremely Mild (Flat) Very Pleasant

O.K, you would like to impress your fellows with a wonderful smelling tabacco - with this one you can't go wrong, I also love to smell the pouch aroma.

But mainly I smoke for myself and my pleasure, and here I get a warm flat and artifical feeling. The boring, mellow smoke throughout the bowl reminds me of a gummi bear, which I rather eat than smoke.....

TheJayBee Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
TheJayBee (55)
Mild Medium to Strong Mild to Medium Pleasant

I once thought I was over with aromatics, until my tobacconist showed me this pouch that's supposed to have Chardonnay wine in it; from the Napa Valley that is!

Of course, it is a mostly Cavendish mixture (not my thing at all), but the Burleys and the Virginias are wonderful, very high quality.

The smell from the pouch is pralined, and there is an ever so slight hint of white wine, which is very pleasant. Taste wise, I can barely taste the wine. It is a highly aromatic Danish mixture that strongly resembles other sweet cavendish mixtures from STG.

Recommended for the fan of aromatics. Also, no tongue bite!

LANCER Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
LANCER (7)
Mild Mild to Medium Mild Very Pleasant

A good aromatic allday tobacco. Nice dry ribbon cut tobacco in the pouch. Needs to be, for what I sense, smoked with that humidity. I can notice the cavendish and if smoked reeeealy slow, the white wine. Would have given 4 stars only if the tobacco leaves were of better quality.

JESTRAB Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JESTRAB (10)

Good tobacco for allday smoke. Well selected tobaccos and a very pleasant casing of Chardonney wine brings together a decent aromatic blend. Although mild in strength, this tobacco is very enjoyable in taste, burns great (no relights) and is appreciated by non-smokers. Definitely recommended to those looking for light aromatic blend with interesting flavour.

uponthehill Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
uponthehill (8)
Mild to Medium Mild Medium to Full Pleasant

Very pleasant tobacco, with light sweet taste and good burning. But what's the best in it, is its beautiful package which is artistic to my taste.