BrandBull Dog
Pleasant, Tolerable, Tolerable to Strong
2.0
Brendan Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Brendan (6)

this is more as a first impression. when i opend the tin(1-2years of age) it did smell soapy. it's says it's a golden flake but it does contain some darker leaf and was abit on the dry side.

i now smoke mostly VA/PER blends. i don't like aromatics anymore but this taste as it smells, soapy. for the first 20-30min it taste real soapy, but after that VA and Oriental comes forward and the soapiness goes in the background. the taste keeps changing and doesn't burn to hot.

i like it, i'll be buying a tin again for aging. it really is change in taste than my standard VA blends.

Pipe Used: clay pipe

Age When Smoked: 1-2

Purchased From: Linzbach, Germany

loosewatches Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
loosewatches (108)
Mild to Medium Very Strong Medium to Full Tolerable to Strong

Here's one I had forgotten about. Then I was thinking about all these references to soap in Gawith reviews. Well, folks, if you want to know what soap scented (and presumably flavored, though I don't eat it) tobacco really smells like, this is it. Burning soap, mmmmmmm. And 0 nicotine. This dog has no place in my kennel.

Fazby Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Fazby (37)
Medium Strong Medium Tolerable

This was tolerable once it burned partway thru the bowl, but at first I thought I had my mouth washed out with soap. (Not that I have ever experienced this - Mom never caught me.)

Never found this with another tobacco - it tasted soapy.