Beautiful medium brown flakes with the typical grassy aroma of pure Virginias.

BrandBlatter & Blatter
Blended ByBlatter & Blatter
CountryCA
Strength
Taste

Bigdadz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bigdadz (35)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

This flake is both nutty and sweet. It has a divine fig aroma in the bag and it smokes quite easily. I don't usually smoke pure virgina,but this one surprisingly isn't monochromatic and provides a nice change of pace from my usual english/balkan blends.

B&B Danish Slices is a long-time staple of the shop. I have several bags (small, unfortunately), that I've had since the early part of 2002. I worked a trade that year with a Canadian friend who wanted some American blends that he could not get and I wanted a bunch of Danish blends by Orlik. So, as part of the trade I got the Danish Slices. I only recently began to enjoy them and the leaf was jet black out of the Mason Jars I have them stored in and loaded with sugar crystals. The flavor was fairly deep with grassy undertones and sweet and bold headliner leaf. A delicious broken flake that I enjoyed fully rubbed out as the aging had tamed the beast to the point where there was no bite at all no matter how hard I puffed. The ash was somewhat unique, almost a clay and gray color. Don't know what caused that. But, I am on a mission to get some fresh Danish Slices and cellar it!

Pipestud

Virginia lover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Virginia lover (191)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Cased with a hazelnut flavor for a typical Danish style Virginia flake. It hits the spot for a light all day smoke with an interesting nutty and grassy flavor that is also tangy and slightly sweet.

DPR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DPR (6)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Unnoticeable

I've smoked this wonderfull tasting Virginia both folded and rubbed and the taste is heavenly. I must say this is the first flake tobacco I've tried in all my years smoking. the reason the room aroma is unnoticeable is because I only smoke outside....wife's law!. the taste really comes out at the 1/2 bowl and continues to the bottom. try it, you'll enjoy it.

Pipe Used: Blatter bent egg

Age When Smoked: 1 month

Purchased From: Blatter & Blatter

JC Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
JC (2)

This is a true gem! The flavor is incredible. So many layer of them as it progress. A little bit hard to keep lighted on though. I guess part of my inexperience with flakes. This tobacco along with what you can get in the Blatter store is amaizing. Kudos to this guys.

Pipe Used: Peterson #106 fishtail