Beautiful medium brown flakes with the typical grassy aroma of pure Virginias.

BrandBlatter & Blatter
Taste

Bigdadz Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Bigdadz (34)
Mild Extremely Mild Mild Pleasant

This flake is both nutty and sweet. It has a divine fig aroma in the bag and it smokes quite easily. I don't usually smoke pure virgina,but this one surprisingly isn't monochromatic and provides a nice change of pace from my usual english/balkan blends.

B&B Danish Slices is a long-time staple of the shop. I have several bags (small, unfortunately), that I've had since the early part of 2002. I worked a trade that year with a Canadian friend who wanted some American blends that he could not get and I wanted a bunch of Danish blends by Orlik. So, as part of the trade I got the Danish Slices. I only recently began to enjoy them and the leaf was jet black out of the Mason Jars I have them stored in and loaded with sugar crystals. The flavor was fairly deep with grassy undertones and sweet and bold headliner leaf. A delicious broken flake that I enjoyed fully rubbed out as the aging had tamed the beast to the point where there was no bite at all no matter how hard I puffed. The ash was somewhat unique, almost a clay and gray color. Don't know what caused that. But, I am on a mission to get some fresh Danish Slices and cellar it!

Pipestud

Patrick ValBlanc Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Patrick ValBlanc (6)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Tolerable

This tobacco was quite a pleasant surprise and boasts some unusual qualities. It packs and burns well and is a surprisingly easy smoke compared to my other experiences with Virgina, I would recommend it as a good starting point in VA. Its taste is mild and subtle, rather nutty, and when smoked right (and by right I mean slow...) turns out a depth I wouldn't have imagined the first time I filled my bowl with it. It's a complex and interesting tobacco of which I haven't tired, and while I usually don't enjoy smoking while drinking tea, coffee, or scotch (other habits I'm fond of), this one stands out as the exception as its taste doesn't flatten whatever you're drinking, and surprisingly enough, even a strong espresso won't flatten the tobacco's taste. One of the few tobacco's I'd smoke anytime.

Claudius Stradivarius Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Claudius Stradivarius (171)

Yes, these are delicious flakes I had the opportunity to smoke. Medium dark brown flakes with some gold leaf, there is something similar to a nutty aroma to them.

It rubs out rather well. Smoking is nice and cool, with spicy, sweet and nutty presence.

Excellent smoke, you must try it!

Virginia lover Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Virginia lover (157)
Mild Very Mild Mild to Medium Pleasant

Cased with a hazelnut flavor for a typical Danish style Virginia flake. It hits the spot for a light all day smoke with an interesting nutty and grassy flavor that is also tangy and slightly sweet.

Guyrox Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
Guyrox (131)
Mild to Medium Extremely Mild Medium Pleasant

A beautiful, high quality flake from my favorite tobacconist in Montréal!

Available in bulk format, this one has nothing to envy to the other flakes on the market.

It's only pure, sweet, well matured VA slices, with a lightly sweet and full VA aroma. From golden to dark brown shades.

Easy to rub, smokes nicely, and could be a slow smoke if you don't break it too much.

This baby smokes dry, increases in intensity past mid -bowl and is never boring.

A beauty! Pierre, Robert, well done on that one!

DPR Reviewed By DateRating StrengthFlavoringTasteRoom Note
DPR (6)
Mild to Medium Mild Mild to Medium Unnoticeable

I've smoked this wonderfull tasting Virginia both folded and rubbed and the taste is heavenly. I must say this is the first flake tobacco I've tried in all my years smoking. the reason the room aroma is unnoticeable is because I only smoke outside....wife's law!. the taste really comes out at the 1/2 bowl and continues to the bottom. try it, you'll enjoy it.

Pipe Used: Blatter bent egg